Forum discussion starts here:
viewtopic.php?p=133601#p133601

Daedalus 6.3.90 (6.4 RC1) released, October 16, 2024
Forum discussion starts here:
viewtopic.php?p=133213#p133213

October 14
I posted about this to my blog this morning:

https://bkhome.org/news/202410/playing- ... dalus.html

I'm very pleased that the problem with LibreOffice not starting in bookworm is fixed. Well, worked-around by compiling LO myself.

Will this become a new EasyOS series?

Will do a bit more testing, decide in a couple of days.
Looking good so far.

Compiled the 6.6.56 kernel on running "Easy Daedalus".

Amol

Re: Easy Daedalus is comming

Post by Amol »

Hello Barry !
Great news !!
Amol

Stogie

Re: Easy Daedalus is coming

Post by Stogie »

That's awesome news, Barry!

With the regular package manager having access to the giant Debian repos, and also having appi and flappi when needed/desired, this will be the best Easy EVER in terms of how much software can be installed easily, simply and quickly by non-technical users.

Thanks again for all your efforts!

BarryK

Post by BarryK »

I tested PKGget by installing various apps.
Also Dolphin file manager, as that is a KDE app and has many requirements so is a "stress test" for compatibility.

Took ages to install, as about 140 dependencies.

Started up, icons did not display, nor the drive partitions.

The latter is a known thing; it isn't in the Dolphin deps list, but also need 'udisk2' package.
Yes, that fixed the partitions; now they display and can be mounted.

But no icons. Managed to get image thumbnails by installing yet more packages, but the icons, no.

After a bit of an online search, found this is a common problem with dolphin. Arch Linux wiki gives advice how to fix it -- which didn't work. Weird, the Adwaita and hicolor icon sets are there, so why can't dolphin see them?

I have to move on. Maybe that can be a project for someone.

A comment: had to install about 160 packages, just to get a file manager working, that isn't even very integrated with EasyOS.
For example, click on a partition and it mounts, but mounts under /media folder, which is contrary to how EasyOS does it.
You would need to have a very very good reason for wanting dolphin, to justify the hassles.

pp4mnklinux

Post by pp4mnklinux »

BarryK wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 6:05 am

Also Dolphin file manager, as that is a KDE app and has many requirements so is a "stress test" for compatibility.

The latter is a known thing; it isn't in the Dolphin deps list, but also need 'udisk2' package.

But no icons. Managed to get image thumbnails by installing yet more packages, but the icons, no.

After a bit of an online search, found this is a common problem with dolphin. Arch Linux wiki gives advice how to fix it -- which didn't work. Weird, the Adwaita and hicolor icon sets are there, so why can't dolphin see them?

A comment: had to install about 160 packages, just to get a file manager working, that isn't even very integrated with EasyOS.
For example, click on a partition and it mounts, but mounts under /media folder, which is contrary to how EasyOS does it.
You would need to have a very very good reason for wanting dolphin, to justify the hassles.

Thank you, @BarryK , for all the effort you've put into testing PKGget and exploring compatibility with apps like Dolphin.

Your thoroughness is MUCH appreciated and I completely agree with your sentiment/feelings/oppinion —sometimes the final result just doesn't justify the immense effort or the potential issues that arise along the way.

As you mentioned, it's easy to get caught up in trying to perfect things, but we shouldn't obsess, especially when the return isn't worth it.

I believe I speak on behalf of all EasyOS users in thanking you for ALL your hard work. Thanks again for it !!

:arrow:

XFCE_FUSILLI . ===> https://puppyxfcefusilli.wordpress.com/

YouTube How_To . ==> https://bit.ly/f96ce_xfce_fusilli_HOWTO

Learning EASY OS . => https://easyos.org/

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Probably Dolphin will only work properly OOTB within a complete KDE Desktop environment (with all KDE and QT configuration settings available).

BarryK

Easy Daedalus 6.3.90

Post by BarryK »

EasyOS Daedalus-series 6.3.90 (6.4RC1) is released, see blog announcement

https://bkhome.org/news/202410/easyos-d ... -64rc.html

Testers welcome!

Note that you cannot update from a Scarthgap installation. Daedalus will have to be a new install.

don570

Easy Daedalus md5sum checked OK

Post by don570 »

Easy Daedalus md5sum checked OK

e4e62dec5310d21a6dd155400b40d48f easy-6.3.90-amd64.img

BarryK

Post by BarryK »

fredx181 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 5:29 pm

Probably Dolphin will only work properly OOTB within a complete KDE Desktop environment (with all KDE and QT configuration settings available).

Yes. Maybe it is as simple as setting a KDE environment variable.

Qt seems alright. I installed OBS-Studio, which is a Qt5 app and it works OK, well, it started up and the UI looked OK.

tammi806

Re: Easy Daedalus 6.3.90 (6.4 RC1)

Post by tammi806 »

I just downloaded and installed Easy Daedalus 6.3.90 (6.4 RC1) as a frugal to a usb flash drive and it went without a hitch and so far everything I've used works fine. :thumbup2:

The TV Panel works although not all of the channels although that could be on their end as it seems to be a hit and miss depending on the day or night.

Don't know how much help I'll be although I'll report any problems and issues if they occur.

Thanks for all of your work Barry K. :thumbup2:

Federico

Post by Federico »

Dear Barry, thank you very much for this beautiful new gift. I will test it as soon as I find a little bit of time.

As far as I know, it's enough to install the Debian Breeze Icon Theme in order for the icons on Dolphin 22 to display correctly. Here again the list of Debian packages I'm using on Scarthgap 6.3.1.

Best wishes.

Desktop PC
Case: Sharkoon S25-W MB: Asus Rog Strix B550-A PSU: XFX Pro 750W CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700X @ 4.6 GHz RAM: Corsair 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz Heatsink: Scythe Mugen 5 rev. B VGA: Asus Tuf RTX 3080 12 GB OC

Laptop PC: Asus Zenbook UX325E

scsijon

Re: Easy Daedalus 6.3.90

Post by scsijon »

BarryK wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 12:19 am

EasyOS Daedalus-series 6.3.90 (6.4RC1) is released, see blog announcement

https://bkhome.org/news/202410/easyos-d ... -64rc.html

Testers welcome!

Note that you cannot update from a Scarthgap installation. Daedalus will have to be a new install.

Barry, Very Interesting and seems more than "worth playing around with" to create a remote learning system we use up here in the bush. Especially, once I add a few other packages from both Deuvian and Debian as well as the Sucrose learning system to match. Do you have a woofq or quirky"n" already available to extend with? A lot of the packages I want to add are already available naturally via Debian, so there will not be the need to recompile a lot, just 'tweak and test'.

thanks

scsijon

And 30 minutes later while i'm on another message you've already updated woofq for it. I'll take it my fault for running my mind ahead. And I just cleared out another workstation to build on too. Lets see what happens next week when i'm back and available and i'll start the processes and after installing 6.3.90, bug testing, i'll pull packages I need to see what else I need to do for adding the sucrose system, such as recompiling the debian packages without systemd. If i'm happy with it i'll start it's own thread and leave yours alone.

BarryK

Post by BarryK »

The menu entry "System -> iotop" is broken, doesn't run.

I have fixed it, for the next release.

tammi806

Post by tammi806 »

I'm surprised at how few system resources Easy Daedalus 6.3.90 (6.4 RC1) uses reminds me of the old days of TarPup. :thumbup2:

Last edited by tammi806 on Thu Oct 17, 2024 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FeodorF

Post by FeodorF »

Downloading of Vivaldi fails.
Chrome looks good (posting of it right now).
Update of Firefox-esr to Firefox 131.0.3 fails too.

Vivaldi.png
Vivaldi.png (2.88 KiB) Viewed 897 times
Firefox.png
Firefox.png (3.24 KiB) Viewed 889 times
bugnaw333

Post by bugnaw333 »

@tammi806 , @BarryK , @ETP

Im getting only 2 TV channels and youtube-dl could not be updated... :o

Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (144.1 KiB) Viewed 876 times
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (64.81 KiB) Viewed 876 times
Caramel

Post by Caramel »

Certificate problem prevents to install Firefox.

I updated the database of pkgget. After the update only ssl-certficate-fix appears wth the search of "certificate". The other packages are no longer visible in the results.

Edit : test of the command update-ca-certificates

Code: Select all

# update-ca-certificates 
Updating certificates in /etc/ssl/certs...
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/cacert.org/cacert.org_class3.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/cacert.org/cacert.org_root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/A-Trust-nQual-03.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/ACEDICOM_Root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/AC_Raíz_Certicámara_S.A..crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/AddTrust_External_Root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/AddTrust_Low-Value_Services_Root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/AddTrust_Public_Services_Root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/AddTrust_Qualified_Certificates_Root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/America_Online_Root_Certification_Authority_1.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/America_Online_Root_Certification_Authority_2.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/ApplicationCA_-_Japanese_Government.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Buypass_Class_2_CA_1.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Buypass_Class_3_CA_1.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/CA_Disig.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/CNNIC_ROOT.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Camerfirma_Chambers_of_Commerce_Root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Camerfirma_Global_Chambersign_Root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Certinomis_-_Autorité_Racine.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Certplus_Class_2_Primary_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Certum_Root_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Chambers_of_Commerce_Root_-_2008.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/ComSign_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/ComSign_Secured_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Comodo_Secure_Services_root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Comodo_Trusted_Services_root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Cybertrust_Global_Root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/DST_ACES_CA_X6.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/DST_Root_CA_X3.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Deutsche_Telekom_Root_CA_2.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Digital_Signature_Trust_Co._Global_CA_1.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Digital_Signature_Trust_Co._Global_CA_3.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/E-Guven_Kok_Elektronik_Sertifika_Hizmet_Saglayicisi.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/EBG_Elektronik_Sertifika_Hizmet_Sağlayıcısı.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/EC-ACC.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/EE_Certification_Centre_Root_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Entrust.net_Secure_Server_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Equifax_Secure_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Equifax_Secure_Global_eBusiness_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Equifax_Secure_eBusiness_CA_1.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Equifax_Secure_eBusiness_CA_2.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Firmaprofesional_Root_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/GTE_CyberTrust_Global_Root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/GeoTrust_Global_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/GeoTrust_Global_CA_2.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/GeoTrust_Primary_Certification_Authority.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/GeoTrust_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G2.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/GeoTrust_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G3.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/GeoTrust_Universal_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/GeoTrust_Universal_CA_2.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/GlobalSign_Root_CA_-_R2.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Global_Chambersign_Root_-_2008.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Hellenic_Academic_and_Research_Institutions_RootCA_2011.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/IGC_A.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Juur-SK.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Microsec_e-Szigno_Root_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/NetLock_Business_=Class_B=_Root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/NetLock_Express_=Class_C=_Root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/NetLock_Notary_=Class_A=_Root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/NetLock_Qualified_=Class_QA=_Root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Network_Solutions_Certificate_Authority.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/OISTE_WISeKey_Global_Root_GA_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/QuoVadis_Root_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/RSA_Root_Certificate_1.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/RSA_Security_2048_v3.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Root_CA_Generalitat_Valenciana.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/S-TRUST_Authentication_and_Encryption_Root_CA_2005_PN.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Security_Communication_EV_RootCA1.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Sonera_Class_1_Root_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Sonera_Class_2_Root_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Staat_der_Nederlanden_Root_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Staat_der_Nederlanden_Root_CA_-_G2.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/StartCom_Certification_Authority.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/StartCom_Certification_Authority_G2.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/SwissSign_Platinum_CA_-_G2.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Swisscom_Root_CA_1.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/TC_TrustCenter_Class_2_CA_II.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/TC_TrustCenter_Class_3_CA_II.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/TC_TrustCenter_Universal_CA_I.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/TC_TrustCenter_Universal_CA_III.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/TDC_Internet_Root_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/TDC_OCES_Root_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/TURKTRUST_Certificate_Services_Provider_Root_1.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/TURKTRUST_Certificate_Services_Provider_Root_2.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Taiwan_GRCA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Thawte_Premium_Server_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Thawte_Server_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Trustis_FPS_Root_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/TÜBİTAK_UEKAE_Kök_Sertifika_Hizmet_Sağlayıcısı_-_Sürüm_3.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/UTN_DATACorp_SGC_Root_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/UTN_USERFirst_Email_Root_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/UTN_USERFirst_Hardware_Root_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/ValiCert_Class_1_VA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/ValiCert_Class_2_VA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/VeriSign_Class_3_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G4.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/VeriSign_Class_3_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G5.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/VeriSign_Universal_Root_Certification_Authority.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Verisign_Class_1_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Verisign_Class_1_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G2.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Verisign_Class_1_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G3.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Verisign_Class_2_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G2.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Verisign_Class_2_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G3.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Verisign_Class_3_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Verisign_Class_3_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G2.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Verisign_Class_3_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G3.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Verisign_Class_4_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G3.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Visa_eCommerce_Root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/WellsSecure_Public_Root_Certificate_Authority.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/Wells_Fargo_Root_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/thawte_Primary_Root_CA.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/thawte_Primary_Root_CA_-_G2.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/thawte_Primary_Root_CA_-_G3.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/spi-inc.org/spi-cacert-2008.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
0 added, 0 removed; done.
Running hooks in /etc/ca-certificates/update.d...
done.

In Scarthgap, these certificates are missing too but they are not listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf

Last edited by Caramel on Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tammi806

Post by tammi806 »

FeodorF wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 4:01 pm

Downloading of Vivaldi fails.
Chrome looks good (posting of it right now).
Update of Firefox-esr to Firefox 131.0.3 fails too.
Vivaldi.pngFirefox.png

Caramel wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 6:10 pm

I updated the database of pkgget. After the update only ssl-certficate-fix appears wth the search of "certificate". The other packages are no longer visible in the results.

In Scarthgap, these certications are missing too but they are not listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf

I install and use OOTB.
No problems with the default Firefox ESR works great and has my 3 add-ons I use. :thumbup2:

I've not had any problems with any certificates yet.
I don't ever download ain't nothing in the package manager I need.
I use what comes as default.

Last edited by tammi806 on Thu Oct 17, 2024 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tammi806

Post by tammi806 »

bugnaw333 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 4:38 pm

Depending on when I try to use the TV Panel I get 2 to 3 maybe 4 channels sometimes.

TV panel seems to be hit and miss at different times.

As for the Youtube DL never used it and never needed it.

Update Oct 17th 2024.
Okay I'm learning still at my old age.
I thought the Youtube DL was used to download Youtube videos.
Well I learned that it also has something to do with the TV Panel and I'm sure there are a lot of other things it is used for.

Just thought I update this post.
An old dog can still be taught new tricks. ;)

Last edited by tammi806 on Thu Oct 17, 2024 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Caramel

Post by Caramel »

Edit : test of the command update-ca-certificates

# update-ca-certificates 
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/cacert.org/cacert.org_class3.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/cacert.org/cacert.org_root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/A-Trust-nQual-03.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/ACEDICOM_Root.crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
W: /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/AC_Raíz_Certicámara_S.A..crt not found, but listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf.
0 added, 0 removed; done.
done.

In Scarthgap, these certificates are missing too but they are not listed in /etc/ca-certificates.conf

I have copied the folder /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/ and the file /etc/ca-certificates.conf from Easy 6.3.1 to Easy 6.3.90
Still fail

Execution of update-ca-certificates

# update-ca-certificates 
rehash: warning: skipping ca-certificates.crt,it does not contain exactly one certificate or CRL
83 added, 0 removed; done.
done.

This time, Firefox can be downloaded.

After the installation Firefox is in English.
The modification of language to French in Settings worked

ETP

Post by ETP »

tammi806 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:07 pm
bugnaw333 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 4:38 pm

Depending on when I try to use the TV Panel I get 2 to 3 maybe 4 channels sometimes.

TV panel seems to be hit and miss at different times.

As for the Youtube DL never used it and never needed it.

There is no issue with python itself but the installed 2021 version of youtube-dl itself is ancient and no longer functional.
To quickly rectify matters simply download & install the 2023 version of youtube-dl via the pet referenced in the original post
in the IP TV Panel thread. That is still functional which is just as well as the update site currently is not working.
Doing so has brought on all 8 youtube channels for me in addition to CNN &CBS.

Regards ETP
Current go-to Pup since Feb 2019 - BionicPup64 8.0
Video - https://photos.app.goo.gl/HYLupyMGcQFP81z69

On test - Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix 20.10 (Groovy Gorilla)
Video - https://photos.app.goo.gl/xGbQYtioXt6mzoi48
tammi806

Post by tammi806 »

The package manager was empty no packages shown.

I went ahead and updated the package manager in the usual way but no go.
I then exited the package manager and tried again and it ran and completed.

PKGget and SFSget displayed no packages only the APPI and Flapi displayed packages.

For me not any deal killer at this time since this is a RC and I never use the PKG manager anyway.

BarryK

Post by BarryK »

tammi806 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:40 pm

PKGget and SFSget displayed no packages only the APPI and Flapi displayed packages.

That is very strange. If you type a search, like "dolphin", is it found?

Thanks for the feedback guys. Got other things to do today, but have written down your reports, will get onto it tonight.
Reading the reports, I pretty much know how to fix.

bugnaw333

Post by bugnaw333 »

ETP wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:03 pm

There is no issue with python itself but the installed 2021 version of youtube-dl itself is ancient and no longer functional.
To quickly rectify matters simply download & install the 2023 version of youtube-dl via the pet referenced in the original post
in the IP TV Panel thread. That is still functional which is just as well as the update site currently is not working.
Doing so has brought on all 8 youtube channels for me in addition to CNN &CBS.

Thanks @ETP got all 10 channels after installing 2023 youtube-dl. :thumbup2:

Attachments
Screenshot(1).jpg
Screenshot(1).jpg (196.29 KiB) Viewed 675 times
tammi806

Post by tammi806 »

BarryK wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 12:24 am
tammi806 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 9:40 pm

That is very strange. If you type a search, like "dolphin", is it found?

Thanks for the feedback guys. Got other things to do today, but have written down your reports, will get onto it tonight.
Reading the reports, I pretty much know how to fix.

Okay if I manually enter a package in the search bar on PKGget it does displayed already installed packages and the package I search for if available.

Still nothing is displayed in SFSget.

I tried dolphin and the normal red box appeared with no match found.

Last edited by tammi806 on Thu Oct 17, 2024 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tammi806

Post by tammi806 »

Okay I found a thread on the forum and I went to a link and it has a PET package to download and I did that and now I have all 10 channels working on my TV panel. :thumbup2:

This is the thread i went to.
viewtopic.php?t=689

My apologies for any confusion I may have caused.

Thanks

thinkpadfreak

Post by thinkpadfreak »

Hello.

It is known that a Japanese input system doesn't work with apps run as non-root.
So I tried to switch Firefox from non-root to root with the login and security manager, but this operation does not work.

Caramel

Post by Caramel »

The problem is in /usr/local/petget/0setup with the part "Processing ${ONE_PKGLISTS_COMPAT} into a standard format..." (line 556) that do not correctly work

Edit : line number correction

Last edited by Caramel on Fri Oct 18, 2024 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
don570

Post by don570 »

Easy Daedalus 6.3.90
HP Elite desktop
Review - part 1

A quick check of the following. They all worked....
Krita 5.3
Blender 4.2.3 LTS
mhwaveedit and audacity both recorded
Shotcut appimage
mypaint appimage
Switched to German and momanager worked
Easy share created a SAMBA share that worked with my Chromebook

I did a frugal install on an EXT4 partition
then I booted in legacy mode
-find --set-root did not need uuid just the name of the folder

## start section Easy 6390
title Easy 6390 sdb3
find --set-root /easyos6390/vmlinuz
kernel /easyos6390/vmlinuz rw wkg_uuid=1fc15612-18ea-4972-a15b-035326f12a12 wkg_dir=easyos6390
initrd /easyos6390/initrd

Last edited by don570 on Thu Oct 17, 2024 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
don570

Review - part 2

Post by don570 »

Easy Daedalus 6.3.90
Review - part 2

These didn't work...

-'blkid' command in terminal didn't work

-bluetooth manager recognized my controller card but not my device

-gwhere program --> when I tried to open a new catalog I was warned I needed a plugin

-'aplay' and 'pmusic' command doesn't open a wav file

# pmusic /mnt/sda5/medicineman-oct10.wav
true
/usr/local/pmusic/func_player: line 158: /root/.pmusic/tmp/ffmpeg_filter: No such file or directory
aplay: main:831: audio open error: Invalid argument
# aplay /mnt/sda5/medicineman-oct10.wav
ALSA lib pcm_direct.c:2049:(snd1_pcm_direct_parse_open_conf) The field ipc_gid must be a valid group (create group audio)
aplay: main:831: audio open error: Invalid argument

-Note that to do a countdown with pclock program aplay must work properly

-Also pschedule needs pmusic to work properly to schedule an alarm

Return to “EasyOS”