How do I fix the touchpad from the terminal?

Moderators: kirk, jamesbond, p310don, JakeSFR, step, Forum moderators

je55eah

How do I fix the touchpad from the terminal?

Post by je55eah »

After many days of continuous use, the touchpad stopped working on fatdog. This happened after running on battery for a couple hours, whereas i typically always keep it plugged in. This is

Linux fatdog0284-E81B 5.19.14 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Thu Oct 6 02:08:05 AEST 2022 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3520M CPU @ 2.90GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

on an old macbook pro.

Without rebooting, how can I fix this if it happens again?
Also, how do I run the save ram layer and save session buttons without the mouse? When I poweroff from the terminal it claims to save things, but I am pretty sure there is a fix coming in the next version because not everything is properly saved.

JakeSFR

Re: How do I fix the touchpad from the terminal?

Post by JakeSFR »

Can't answer the main question, but if it comes for:

Also, how do I run the save ram layer and save session buttons without the mouse?

To save RAM layer, type save2flash in the terminal.
To save session, type save2session.
Btw, Alt+F1 opens the main menu. Not sure how it's on Mac, but Win+T opens the terminal directly.
You could also set dedicated keyboard shortcuts in Sven for the above two commands.

When I poweroff from the terminal it claims to save things, but I am pretty sure there is a fix coming in the next version because not everything is properly saved.

Not everything is saved from your experience, or you're referring to this thread?
If the latter, then we're using a completely different script in FD.

Greetings!

[O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource
Omnia mea mecum porto.
je55eah

Re: How do I fix the touchpad from the terminal?

Post by je55eah »

I think it was a different thread that I read which mentioned a fix had been put in. I have lost data enough times that I try to always push those buttons before shutting down. It has been more than a month now since I was playing with that stuff so I don't remember if I tested it completely, but I do believe that if I don't press one or both of the buttons that some of the data is lost. I can attest to needing to reset things and reinstall things despite shutting down properly. I didn't make much noise about it because I thought that it had already been handled.

Thanks for the script names. I tried searching for ram and RAM with find but clearly came up blank.

do your menus and alt tab switching and similar things work when within xeyphyr? For me fatdog always sends those keys to the host system.

Return to “FatDog”