M$ Linux..... (<lol>)

mikewalsh

M$ Linux..... (<lol>)

Post by mikewalsh »

Afternoon, kiddiwinks.

I know this has been mentioned here quite a few times over the years, but oh, I'd forgotten how hilarious this thing was! Somebody reminded me of this over at LQ.org just a wee while ago...

http://www.mslinux.org

This website was produced nearly 22 years ago as a 'skit' on MyCrudSoft's blatant dislike of any competition - remember
"embrace, extend & extinguish"? There were constant rumours over the years about M$ wanting to force Linux out of existence (especially during the Ballmer years), though I suspect many journalists never quite understood the sheer impetus behind the development of a globally-available alternative OS that was free for anyone to use. The more so, given that the majority of these journalists tended to either BE American, or work for American-owned media companies......and as we all know, in the US the "greenback is king". So the concept of folks putting all this work into Linux and then giving it away for nothing was somewhat alien, and very hard to understand.....after all, if you've got something people want, why wouldn't you monetize it? :roll:

Whoever put this together knew what the thinking was at MS boardroom level. I love that mention about the "trouble-shooting" daemon.....crapd !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And the "support hotline".....1-900-MS-LINUX! Image

Mike. Image

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Return to “Other Distros”