I've had a horrible week

amethyst

I've had a horrible week

Post by amethyst »

Guys, I think I've had the worst week of my life. Been robbed at knifepoint, hit with a baseball bat, been slapped around, detained for about an hour so that half the gang (2 of the four) could go to the ATM and draw a few thousand of my money with my pin number that I was forced to give up. Also stole my cellphone. To make a long story short, I eventually got out of the situation without losing my life. Happened on Wednesday morning. Could hardly sleep Wednesday night and last night. Police are investigating. Thats' all, just thought I would let off some steam........

backi

Re: I've had a horrible week

Post by backi »

Hey @amethyst !

don`t know what to say.......... disturbing...

This is REALLY shocking.....

xenial

Post by xenial »

I have been mugged myself but not at knifepoint and was many years ago in a city called aberdeen which is in scotland..Luckily i only had £20 in my account as i was observed over my shoulder to get pin number.

Shaky experience and i hope you're ok amethyst.

Keef

Post by Keef »

That sounds horrible. Got robbed at knifepoint many years ago, but it was nothing compared to what you have described. Will take quite a while to get over, I imagine.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@amethyst This is really an awful report! I am very glad to read that you are here now and able to share the experience with us first and foremost.

The money stolen is rotten enough and that violation will take time to come to terms with, but I am very impressed how you kept your cool under fire and had your wits about you to get out alive and in one piece.

We'll celebrate your victory and not dwell on the loss. Karma is a tough tough mistress and balance , like water, will find it's own level.

Hang in there and anytime you need to let off some pressure there is plenty of space here to write down your thoughts.

pcplague

Post by pcplague »

@amethyst Hope you get better, that was terrible, here in Portugal things like that are very rare. Many Brazilians come here to get away from scenes like that. Hope that the bank with the police report can activate card insurance and give back your money and karma will prevail those thugs won't have a long live.

All the way from Portugal :thumbup: :thumbup2:

Grey

Post by Grey »

amethyst wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:20 pm

Guys, I think I've had the worst week of my life.

Sad events. I'm compassion for you.
Where did this happen? The Hillbrow area of Johannesburg immediately comes to mind. Or in the countryside?

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

tosim

Post by tosim »

@amethyst It will probably take awhile to get over this, so I wish you well.

Return to “Off-Topic Area”