Thanks to Australian television for our happy childhood

Grey

Thanks to Australian television for our happy childhood

Post by Grey »

In the topic somewhere nearby, Australia was praised. I will also praise Australia. Let me compliment a bunch of 90s Australian-New Zealand teenage TV series(mostly fantastic). In the 90s, own children's films were almost stopped in Russia and Australian TV series were shown.

These are just the ones that I watched:
Thunderstone
Mirror, Mirro
r and Mirror, Mirror II
Spellbinder
and Spellbinder 2 Land of the Dragon Lord
Sky trackers
Mission Top Secret
Ocean Girl
Escape from Jupiter
and Return to Jupiter
The Girl from Tomorrow
and The Girl from Tomorrow Part II: Tomorrow's End
The Adventures of Skippy

I remember a large number of Polish names and surnames in the credits, e.g Marzena Godecki, Zbych Trofimiuk, Małgorzata 'Gosia' Piotrowska.
Thanks to Australian television for our happy childhood :)
All these TV series are on the largest Russian torrent tracker, but I am not revisiting them yet, well, so as not to spoil my old memories.

Last edited by mikewalsh on Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Small spelling correction...

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

April

Re: Thanks to Australian television and the Movies

Post by April »

Me , John Wayne stuff,Magnificent 7 ,Zorro,The Mavis Bramston Show, Benny Hill, Dave Allen, Don Lane and Bert Newton were a few of mine. A Generation before .

However Star Wars , Titanic and Bond movies were the best.

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

spiritwild

Re: Thanks to Australian television for our happy childhood

Post by spiritwild »

I still sing those damn "Wiggles" songs.
I think they were austrailian, unless there are kangaroos in england. :D

xenial

Post by xenial »

During the 1970s here in england we had a govt scheme called the australian rehabilitation scheme where english people could become £10 pommies en route for australia.

I very nearly became one of these and life would indeed of been somewhat different and i would have an aussie accent now. :lol:

My father backed out at the very last minute citing family as the reason.

So the upshot of it all is that i narrowly missed out on aussie television as a child due to a split second decision.
but hey...we have youtube now. :thumbup: :lol:

Grey

Post by Grey »

xenial wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:12 pm

split second

These words almost always remind me of the film of the same name about the bleak future of London with Rutger Hauer. Pirated VHS cassettes with this film were widespread in Russia in the early 90s.

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Return to “Off-Topic Area”