Trouble Downloading from a Google-Drive?

Moderator: Forum moderators

mikeslr

Trouble Downloading from a Google-Drive?

Post by mikeslr »

If you have trouble downloading from a google-drive, it may be because you've blocked third-party cookies. ""Blocked Third-party cookies can prevent Drive Web downloads." See this post for some possible workarounds, viewtopic.php?p=18937#p18937

Need I mention that another work-around is to employ another web-browser, perhaps a portable just left 'naked' for those occasions when you're prepared to say 'screw it' to google's quest to achieve Odin's command of knowledge.

ally

Re: Trouble Downloading from a Google-Drive?

Post by ally »

I've been having this for ages, some files download others do not

I have to spin up palemoon to complete, seems a bit daft doesn't it :lol:

:)

one

Post by one »

ally wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:34 pm

I've been having this for ages, some files download others do not

I have to spin up palemoon to complete, seems a bit daft doesn't it :lol:

:)

Same here - because I run peebee's upupbb32 most of my time I use the builtin "Light Web Browser" to download from a google-drive ...

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

I think it's definitely easier downloading stuff from somebody else's Drive a/c if or when you have one yourself.

Although I've had a Google a/c since Spring 2000, it's only the last 3-4 years I've realised that the "Drive" is all part of it. When I first started sharing stuff with the Puppy community, I opened a MediaFire a/c; used that for a couple of years, then realised I'd got the Drive & thought, "Well, this is bloody silly; it's there, so I might as well use it..!"

You'll still find links to both a/cs in my siggy, though, because by the time I switched there was so much stuff over at MediaFire, I didn't want the community to lose access to it all. I'm altruistic like that, y'know? :D :lol:

One thing I will say; if you have a Google a/c, it works a sight better with Chrome or one of the clones. I don't care WHAT Google say, I'm convinced they optimise the code for the Chromium code-base. I never have as smooth an experience in ANY of the 'zilla-based browsers, even though they'll certainly connect.....everything just seems sluggish, and "rough round the edges".

(Because I build so many browser packages for the community, at any given moment I have at least 8-10 different browsers I can call on if things aren't behaving themselves. I usually manage to get things working, sooner or later.)

(*shrug*)

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

wiak

Post by wiak »

mikewalsh wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:53 pm

I don't care WHAT Google say, I'm convinced they optimise the code for the Chromium code-base.

Funny that you should say that. I don't know if Google do such 'special optimisation' or not..., however, in my original WDL_Arch64 builds I included Firefox by default but, for some reason I never solved I had trouble downloading from my gDrive with it (oddly, the same WDL_Arch64 with Firefox release worked fine with gDrive in rockedge tests...). Anyway, it was because of that I included Arch version of Chromium in my WDL_Arch64 build instead - I have come to really like that Chromium compile so had forgotten about the Firefox issue I used to have. I should try it again to see if the problem for me has all auto-magically resolved, though I intend staying with Arch Linux Chromium provision since it is also best for google casting to my TV and seems fast and relatively CPU-efficient overall.

Rockedge, by the way, usually provides Firefox by default in his WeeDogLinux_Void creations - I haven't checked as yet whether gDrive downloads work with that for me or not.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Return to “Browsers”