KLV-Airedale-sr12 with the Void Linux Kernel 6.8.4_1

Post by rockedge »

KLV-Airedale-sr12
Kennel Linux Void Airedale Stable Release 12 856 MiB download size
KLV-Airedale-sr12
SHA1-MD5.txt
Download from SOURCEFORGE

This is Stable Release version 12

• Installed using the latest FirstRib skeleton initrd.gz version="7.0.3"; revision="-rc1" Date: 05Apr2024

• Complete system update/upgrade from upstream Void Linux repos.

• Removed xz-5.6.0 and replaced with rollback to safe version xz-5.4.6

• Added a script to launch regeneration of the xLunch menu when selected from the xLunch menu.

• Added Cortile 2.3.3 for a dynamic tiling wm layered on top of XFCE4.

From sr8 ->
Added Grub2config adapted for KLV usage borrowed from Puppy Linux to be able to install a grub2 boot loader on a drive partition easily.
With both Grub4Dos and Grub2config together, setting up a boot-able virtual machine frugal installation can be done in the RAM0 mode.
with a complete system update/upgrade and outfitted with a Void Linux kernel 6.8.4_1 on 06Apr2024
cpupower has been added. Audio is now using pipewire.

The wd_utils are updated to the latest versions supplied by @wiak, and @fredx181 has fixed a bug in the save2flash script.

Has Firefox 124.0.1 built in for a web browser.

Features full SAMBA support and managed by a modified for KLV Samba Simple Management GUI script, borrowed from F96-CE_4.

This version is equipped with 01firmware-6.6.0.sfs created with the woof-CE Kernel-Kit during the kernel build.

The team fine tuned login/logout with a long term solution utilizing the Void Linux service manager runit to fix a conflict after upgrades to the runit-void package added a service directory agetty-tty1 that conflicts with KLV's custom agetty-autologin-tty1 during logout/login causing difficulty in changing user. Adding a file called : /etc/sv/agetty-tty1/down instructs runit to disable the service which is persistent across reboots.

The initrd.gz and w_init are upgraded to version 7.0.1-rc1 which are constructed from the latest FirstRib skeleton-initrd.

Added the symlink gtk2dialog that targets the binary gtkdialog-8.5 which is compiled against GTK2 which gives access to either gtk2 or gtk3.

@fredx181 has repaired a bug in save2flash and modified swapper.sh to adapt for the /mnt/home device showing directly in Thunar and on the desktop. swapper.sh activates any swap partitions available to KLV-Airedale during system start.

From a suggestion by @wiak added in a modification to w_init that will display icons for /mnt/home partition in Thunar and on the desktop.

New and improved tuning of the /boot directory boot stanza's. improving the reliability of booting in QEMU, Ventoy and S2SG.

Improved and rebuilt initrd.qz including expanded support for SD cards.

Routine system update/upgrade. And wallpapers from @Sofiya are included, replacing some of the stock xfce4 backgrounds.

@wiak has again done more work improving the boot system menus and further improvement to the initrd.gz boot mechanisms :

The iso config file boot/grub/menu.lst is used to boot from cdrom using that internal to ISO provided menu.lst (i.e. he currently uses grub4dos for that purpose).
The ISO config file boot/grub/loopback.cfg is used (per usual) to provide the boot menu for SG2D
The ISO config file boot/grub/grub.cfg is used by Ventoy (but included no Ventoy compatible entries until my alterations below)

I have made some modifications to all of the above (though have left previous entries in place for later experimentation and possible modification or deletion).
In particular I have provided the ability when booting via SG2D or Ventoy of using the FR modes:

a. RAM0 for session changes in RAM only (i.e. no save persistence)
b. RAM2 save on demand mode back to upper_changes folder (or ucimg savefile) in same directory iso is stored (or in subdirectory if symlink manually made to iso).
c. RAM2 save on demand mode back to upper_changes folder in, Clarity suggested, partition with LABEL 'Persistence' and directory 'Sessions'
d. Direct save (not in RAM) back to upper_changes folder (or ucimg savefile) in same directory iso is stored (or in subdirectory if symlink manually made to iso).
e. Direct save (not in RAM) back to upper_changes folder in, Clarity suggested, partition with LABEL 'Persistence' and directory 'Sessions'

No editing of the presented SG2D or Ventoy boot menus will be required to achieve these most useful FR initrd modes. User just needs to put the KLV iso in BOOTISOS (or wherever it is put usually) and boot...

starting of the pulseaudio system for any user that is logged in has been fixed and improved. Thanks wiak, Sofiya and fredx181 for the exact steps.

Upgraded to a new version of @fredx181's save2flash, and set LANG=en_US.UTF-8 in /etc/environment as default localization.

Thanks to @Sofiya for the poorercputemp and Display Control packages that also have been added to desktop.

• Grub2config is now included in the System menu. For setting up a boot-able device using gparted and grub2config.

• Grub4Dos is also in the menu. Making KLV-Airedale also capable of setting up a boot-able device using gparted and grub4dosconfig.

• CUPS starting as a service has been added and is working thanks to @rcrsn51 spotting missing components!

KLV-Airedale-sr8 is just as at home on FAT32, NTFS partitions as it is running from ext2/3/4 formatted partitions.

Also included is wiak's generate a set of boot stanzas script. fredx181's mksplash has a menu entry and the remaster script is installed.

With the addition of a xfce4 desktop tiling configuration. A tip from wiak for configuring Tiling windows done with the Super (Windows) key and an up, down, left, right, home, pgup, pgdown or end key.

gxmessage in the default rootfs.

save2flash has been expanded to handle persistence on FAT32 and NTFS partitions.
The mksplash GUI utility to create splash notification banners.

The latest initrd.gz brings vFat and NTFS formatted partition support to KLV, allowing persistence on NTFS/vFat systems as well as the usual /ext2/ext3/ext4/swap support.

• included htop, Grub2config, Grub4Dos, CUPS

• created a symlink /root/spot with the target /home/spot

• Auto login cleaned up.

• includes also the logout logic provided by fredx181 gives true mulit-user support.

• replaced loop.cfg to the most recent modifications.

• Debian kernel 6.0.0-3-KLV SMP PREEMPT DYNAMIC is used.

• added gtkhash

Plus the other important improvements contributed by the KLV team.

Added @fredx181's save2flash utility that can be used when KLV is started in RAM2 mode to perform session saves on demand for persistence.
This is similar to PUPMODE13 in Puppy Linux.

fredx181's swap partition enable script includes the latest revisions, and also added are the packages

• mime-add-1.0_0.noarch.xbps

• edit-sfs-1.0_0.noarch.xbps

KLV-Airedale-sr12 is able to load squash SFS packages on the fly or during the boot sequence.
Squash files and ISO images can be opened from the file manager and the read the contents.

• can run with rootfs, 01fimware and 00module SFS files as uncompressed directories.

• Also able to load compressed and/or decompressed directories,
    once a 2 digit prefix is added to the file name.

• It is possible to mix using compressed squash files and uncompressed directories.

Also can be downloaded from https://rockedge.org/kernels in ISO->Kennel_Linux->Airedale

Sofiya

Re: KLV-Airedale-sr12 with the Void Linux Kernel 6.8.1_1

Post by Sofiya »

@ rockedge Thank you !
Works just great with this kernel :thumbup2:

Vanilla Dpup 9.2.X - KLV-Airedale - KLA-OT2
PUPPY LINUX Simple fast free

TerryH

Post by TerryH »

I attempted to download the 6.8 KLV kernel, which failed, then attempt to download the KLV sr12 release. All attempts fail straight away.

New Laptop - ASUS ZenBook Ryzen 7 5800H Vega 7 iGPU / 16 GB RAM

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

it loads fine for me ;)

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@TerryH That is strange......I just downloaded both the ISO and the kernel components from

The Kernel components

KLV-Airedale-sr12

Please try again!

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

rockedge wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm

@TerryH That is strange......I just downloaded both the ISO and the kernel components from

The Kernel components

KLV-Airedale-sr12

Please try again!

I installed it 2 hours ago and everything is loading for me :)

TerryH

Post by TerryH »

rockedge wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 pm

The Kernel components

KLV-Airedale-sr12

Please try again!

I was running KLA_Hyprland and couldn't do any downloads from Kennel Linux downloads, failed immediately. Just checked again and still failed. I changed to KLV_Hyprland and the same downloads are working fine. I am going back into KLA_Hyprland to try some other downloads.

Edit: Back in KLA_Hyprland I tried a download Opera-Portable from Mega, which started, but after about 20 MB failed. This version of KLA is one I made myself with Firefox and Audacious added to the f.plug file. It has been running fine for 2 days and all other programs are functioning. This download issue was totally unexpected. I also have an install of the original KLA_Hyprland.iso, I have just checked that and downloaded the KLV 6.8.1_1 kernel, so downloads are working properly there. No idea why I can't download from the other install.

New Laptop - ASUS ZenBook Ryzen 7 5800H Vega 7 iGPU / 16 GB RAM

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

Due to the recent discovery of remotely accessible backdoor code in xz-5.6.0 and xz-5.6.1 and libraries they are removed and rolled back to version xz-5.4.6

KLV-Airedale-sr12.iso has been repackaged to incorporate these changes.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@geo_c A routine update/upgrade will do the necessary rollback of the xz package on your already running systems. :thumbup2:

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

rockedge wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:01 pm

@geo_c A routine update/upgrade will do the necessary rollback of the xz package on your already running systems. :thumbup2:

Yes I did that last night after reading about it!

geo_c
Old School Hipster, and Such

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Tried ISO booting sr12 with Ventoy, but no matter which option (with or without persistence, normal mode, grub mode) everytime I got a kernel panic (not syncing).
Other distro ISO's boot fine on my Ventoy USB. (booting with UEFI, secure boot disabled)
Anyone experienced the same ?
edit; downloaded sr12 iso today.
edit: btw, no problem with a regular frugal install on my hdd.
edit: tested also sr11 ISO booting, same result, kernel panic.
edit again: tested a regular frugal install from Ventoy (manually added KLV stanza to the grub.cfg in the Ventoy main disk) and it boots fine, so it seems to me that the problem for me is just with ISO booting KLV.

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Ok, made some progress, thought about that @wiak spoke about BOOTISOS folder used for Ventoy, so I created it on the first Ventoy partition and moved the KLV iso in there.
Booted from the Ventoy USB and KLV booted to the Desktop .... OK, solved ? Not really, here comes the weird part....... :shock: :o :

During the boot process I saw something like "bootfrom is nvme0n1p3/KLV-Airedale-sr12.iso" (but how ? nvme0n1p3 is my hdd partition and I'm booting from USB).
It was right that I had the sr12 ISO on my nvme0n1p3 hdd partition too (also /mnt/home was symlink to nvme0n1p3, which indicates for me that the ISO was used from that nvme0n1p3 partition). As I said, at the same time I had KLV-Airedale-sr12.iso in the Ventoy USB BOOTISOS folder.
So, to see what happens, I deleted the sr12 ISO from my nvme0n1p3 hdd partition (only leaving the ISO in the BOOTISOS folder on USB), and after that booted with Ventoy, the sr12 ISO showed in the list, but booting it .... again ... kernel panic.
EDIT: So in short, ISO boot from Ventoy works only for me if I the ISO is on my hdd AND in the Ventoy BOOTISOS folder.

Strange isn't it ? Starting to think that I completely misunderstand how to use it. But don't get me wrong, I personally can live without Ventoy or ISO booting, and KL developers are of course not obliged to give a distro full support for Ventoy/ISO booting.
But I've seen sometime ago that lots of effort was done (with persistence support too) by wiak, rockedge, Clarity to make it all work well, so it's a pity IMO.

wiak

Post by wiak »

fredx181 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:58 pm

Ok, made some progress, thought about that @wiak spoke about BOOTISOS folder used for Ventoy, so I created it on the first Ventoy partition and moved the KLV iso in there.
Booted from the Ventoy USB and KLV booted to the Desktop .... OK, solved ? Not really, here comes the weird part....... :shock: :o :

During the boot process I saw something like "bootfrom is nvme0n1p3/KLV-Airedale-sr12.iso" (but how ? nvme0n1p3 is my hdd partition and I'm booting from USB).
It was right that I had the sr12 ISO on my nvme0n1p3 hdd partition too (also /mnt/home was symlink to nvme0n1p3, which indicates for me that the ISO was used from that nvme0n1p3 partition). As I said, at the same time I had KLV-Airedale-sr12.iso in the Ventoy USB BOOTISOS folder.
So, to see what happens, I deleted the sr12 ISO from my nvme0n1p3 hdd partition (only leaving the ISO in the BOOTISOS folder on USB), and after that booted with Ventoy, the sr12 ISO showed in the list, but booting it .... again ... kernel panic.
EDIT: So in short, ISO boot from Ventoy works only for me if I the ISO is on my hdd AND in the Ventoy BOOTISOS folder.

Strange isn't it ? Starting to think that I completely misunderstand how to use it. But don't get me wrong, I personally can live without Ventoy or ISO booting, and KL developers are of course not obliged to give a distro full support for Ventoy/ISO booting.
But I've seen sometime ago that lots of effort was done (with persistence support too) by wiak, rockedge, Clarity to make it all work well, so it's a pity IMO.

Yes, there seems to be something weird suddenly going on. I'm currently trying it too. There can be a problem if you have the iso in two places - I know that already: Ventoy is an independent system so has its own way of finding the iso and FR initrd then needs to search and find it again because Ventoy doesn't pass location info to FR initrd... However, I am used to booting KL distros from Ventoy usb when I have no such isos on my hard drive and been fine till now; I've only just started checking, but getting a kernel panic on first attempt... Will report more if I find why. I hope it isn't newer Ventoy that is doing things differently ...

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

wiak

Post by wiak »

I found another Ventoy stick with lots of KL distros on it, but not KLV-Airedale (did have KLV-Hyperland). I had the isos in /BOOTISOS but / should also be fine in the Ventoy partition. KLV-Hyperland booted fine so nothing wrong I'd say in the interaction between Ventoy and FR initrd (not the recently released FR initrd, but that's almost identical anyway). So I'm afraid it does seem to be an issue with later KLV-Airedale; I don't know what - kernel-related? However, bit of a mystery why that latest KLV-Airedale was successfully booting using the iso copy on the HD (along with the one on usb for the Ventoy related detection process - I can't explain that phenomena at all at present. But still, seems something wrong with KLV-Airedale latest since other KL distros exhibit no Ventoy booting issues that I know of.

DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

wiak wrote:

... getting a kernel panic on first attempt.

Ok, in a way good to know it's not me ... :)

....There can be a problem if you have the iso in two places - I know that already:....

Well, for me having the ISO in two places IS the only way to make it work ! (perhaps I wasn't quite clear what I wrote above).
For info; when I type 'cat /proc/cmdline' (in successfully booted system) the last part is something like rinit=/vtoy/vtoy , don't know what it means :?:
And as I said, no problem with other systems , e.g. tested with BookwormPup64, Debiandog ISO's.
Yes, could well be caused by a change in Ventoy, I use latest v1.0.97.
EDIT:

I found another Ventoy stick...

Perhaps that has an older Ventoy version ?

wiak

Post by wiak »

fredx181 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:10 pm
wiak wrote:

... getting a kernel panic on first attempt.

Ok, in a way good to know it's not me ... :)

....There can be a problem if you have the iso in two places - I know that already:....

Well, for me having the ISO in two places IS the only way to make it work ! (perhaps I wasn't quite clear what I wrote above).
For info; when I type 'cat /proc/cmdline' (in successfully booted system) the last part is something like rinit=/vtoy/vtoy , don't know what it means :?:
And as I said, no problem with other systems , e.g. tested with BookwormPup64, Debiandog ISO's.
Yes, could well be caused by a change in Ventoy, I use latest v1.0.97.
EDIT:

I found another Ventoy stick...

Perhaps that has an older Ventoy version ?

That rinit=/vtoy/vtoy I've seen before, seems to be normal.

But I don't think it is Ventoy version issue. I have same issue with Ventory v1.0.96 but only with KLV-Airedale, not with other KL distros (no issue with KLV-Hyperland I have). I thus think kernel-related issue, but that might more likely mean a module issue in the FR initrd being used (since rockedge is using official Void Kernel) - maybe something has gone wrong with the modules selected to be put in there? I haven't looked into that in a long time since I generally use huge kernels myself along with Skeleton FR initrd.

Yes I understood you saying Ventoy managed to boot if iso both on usb and also on HD; very weird indeed. I know it can have trouble getting right one if two on system like that, but why KLV-Airedale would need two, and then boot..., is not something I understand at all. However, it still looks to me that boot partition isn't being found for the usb (i.e. the Ventoy partition), but I can't explain that either since no such issue with other KL distros on my Ventoy v.1.0.96 stick, just with KLV-Airedale-sr12 being tested...

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

wiak

Post by wiak »

Hmmm... If your Ventoy is anything like mine @fredx181 then the Ventoy partition is formatted with exfat?

Alas, I note that rockedge is using a very old FR initrd version="7.0.1"; revision="-rc1" Date: 09 Mar 2023, which does NOT include module for exfat.

However, that was fixed in later FR initrd version="7.0.2"; revision="-rc2" Date: 24Oct2023, which specially came with exfat module support...

The latest new FR initrd version="7.0.3"; revision="-rc1" Date: 05Apr2024 also has exfat support of course.

FIX is probably therefore to not build a distro with old FR initrd - use the LATEST always please

If that isn't the solution please let me know, but that KLV-Airedale certainly cannot possibly work with Ventoy exfat partition... not with that very old FR initrd

EDIT: Of course builder of the FR initrd to include modules has to also make sure they use latest FRmake_initrd.sh and FRmake_initrd_dep.sh, which is what uses Thomas M code to insert the actual exfat module and so on into the skeleton initrd when using non-huge official Void kernel as rockedge does, but problem really was the old FR initrd being used in the first case, which couldn't work...

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Tested now with older Ventoy v1.0.95 and indeed same issue with KLV (kernel panic).
Also tested now latest KLV hyprland with Ventoy; KLV-HyprlandCE-4.1.iso from @Sofiya , result: kernel panic :( .
Again, just reporting my findings, no big deal for me personally. But please anyone, test, so we can share our experiences.

@wiak

Hmmm... If your Ventoy is anything like mine @fredx181 then the Ventoy partition is formatted with exfat?

Yes, it is.

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

fredx181 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:21 pm

Tested now with older Ventoy v1.0.95 and indeed same issue with KLV (kernel panic).
Also tested now latest KLV hyprland with Ventoy; KLV-HyprlandCE-4.1.iso from @Sofiya , result: kernel panic :( .
Again, just reporting my findings, no big deal for me personally. But please anyone, test, so we can share our experiences.

@wiak

Yes, it is.

Final version
KLV-Hyprland-CE-5.0 viewtopic.php?t=10964

Last edited by Sofiya on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wiak

Post by wiak »

fredx181 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:21 pm

@wiak

Yes, it is.

The KLV Hyperland that works in my test is KLV-HyprlandCE-3.4.iso

that uses FR initrd version="7.0.2"; revision="-rc2" Date: 24Oct2023, which specially came with exfat module support...

Certainly KLV-Airedale-sr12 CANNOT work with exfat Ventoy partition since it comes with too old FR initrd. I haven't downloaded KLV-Hyperland-4.1.iso so can't comment about that. I don't want to waste time trying any iso that uses old FR initrd; whole point of developing new versions is to fix problems... so using old ones is just a waste of time.

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

wiak

Post by wiak »

Sofiya wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:31 pm

Final version
KLV-Hyprland-CE-5.0

and what version of FR initrd does that use, Sofiya?

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

wiak

Post by wiak »

To check the FR initrd version with certainly you need to decompress it and look at the init inside: version number is near the top.

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

wiak wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:37 pm

To check the FR initrd version with certainly you need to decompress it and look at the init inside: version number is near the top.

# version="7.0.2"; revision="-rc2" Date: 24Oct2023

wiak

Post by wiak »

Sofiya wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:42 pm
wiak wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:37 pm

# version="7.0.2"; revision="-rc2" Date: 24Oct2023

That should work with Ventoy exfat partition, but having trouble downloading from Mega here - slow connection. I'll try later and confirm if my suspicions are correct. Again, though, KLV-Airedale-sr12 cannot possibly work since came with old FR initrd that did not support exfat booting so wouldn't see the Ventoy partition the iso was put in...

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Tried booting KLV-HyprlandCE-5.0.iso from Ventoy, sorry to say @Sofiya still got kernel panic, did you test from Ventoy ?
Btw, extracted the initrd.gz and noticed in init that exfat is in the module list, so that seems ok (exfat is indeed not in the init of KLV-Airedale as wiak suspected), but probably more is needed for boooting from exfat :?: ?
EDIT: Looking better now usr/lib modules is empty, so no exfat module possible to modprobe from init (then should be built-in vmlinuz but perhaps it is not :?: )

wiak

Post by wiak »

fredx181 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:44 pm

Tried booting KLV-HyprlandCE-5.0.iso from Ventoy, sorry to say @Sofiya still got kernel panic, did you test from Ventoy ?
Btw, extracted the initrd.gz and noticed in init that exfat is in the module list, so that seems ok (exfat is indeed not in the init of KLV-Airedale as wiak suspected), but probably more is needed for boooting from exfat :?: ?

My other KL distros boot fine from exfat Ventoy fred, including earlier KLV-Hyprland (maybe kernel needs something re: exfat, or is some firmware required?). I'll try Sofiya's iso once I manage to download it. Mega download gives up all the time here... Will leave it till tomorrow.

Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

EDIT: Looking better now usr/lib modules is empty, so no exfat module possible to modprobe from init (then should be built-in vmlinuz but it is not :?: )

Sorry, I don't bother with Ventoy or Qemu. My opinion is that the system should be on the disk as it should be

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Sofiya wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:56 pm

EDIT: Looking better now usr/lib modules is empty, so no exfat module possible to modprobe from init (then should be built-in vmlinuz but it is not :?: )

Sorry, I don't bother with Ventoy or Qemu. My opinion is that the system should be on the disk as it should be

Yes, that's OK of course :thumbup:

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

in KLV-HyprlandCE-3.4.iso version "Hyprland-0.29" is used , in the latest version KLV-HyprlandCE-5.0.iso "Hyprland-0.35" . that's the only difference

rockedge
Site Admin

Re: KLV-Airedale-sr12 with the Void Linux Kernel 6.8.4_1

Post by rockedge »

wiak wrote:

Alas, I note that rockedge is using a very old FR initrd version="7.0.1"; revision="-rc1" Date: 09 Mar 2023, which does NOT include module for exfat.

I extracted the kernel and matching initrd.gz using the FR scripts. FRmake_initrd_dep.sh and FRmake_initrd.sh with the command line:

Code: Select all

./FRmake_initrd.sh latest firstrib_rootfs

Then running FRextract_kernel.sh to assemble the vmlinuz and 00modules

The script downloads the latest skeleton initrd.gz so I did not check the version. I did a git pull on the build script repo so I assumed I was using the latest scripts to build the Void Linux kernel for KLV that are getting the download of initrd.gz_latest and automatically deleting the downloaded version after usage by the script. I never decompressed the initrd.gz to look at it.

I can replace the initrd.gz_latest with the latest version and run it again. This the second time the skeleton initrd.gz was the wrong version so we'll need to check what the URL is the FR scripts are looking for the basic initrd and fix the FRmake_initrd_dep.sh and FRmake_initrd.sh scripts.

We definitely need to fix KLV-Airedale-sr12 so it boots on Ventoy setups!

I can rebuild the initrd.gz and repackage the ISO :ugeek: :thumbup2:

Return to “KLV-Airedale”