Bug in Client Manager ?

Moderator: BarryK

Caramel

Bug in Client Manager ?

Post by Caramel »

Following the last screenshot in https://bkhome.org/news/202403/testing- ... kgget.html, i tried Client Manager (launched by LoginManager) (in EasyVoid and Easy 5.7)

Firefox is not listed nor in root apps (apps running as root) nor in non-root apps. But it is listed in LoginManager as a non-root application that can become root app.

In the script (/usr/local/clients/choose-clients) , firefox is excluded by the test lines 60 and 61 (EasyOS 5.7)

Code: Select all

grep -q 'exec sudo-sh' "$Fdest"
      if [ $? -eq 0 ];then continue; fi

For firefox $Fdest= the script /usr/bin/firefox, and exec sudo-sh is in this script

BarryK

Re: Bug in Client Manager ?

Post by BarryK »

Yes, thanks for finding that.

A change made to /usr/local/clients/choose-clients awhile ago, that was supposed to fix something, actually broke the Client Chooser.

Attached is a fixed /usr/local/clients/choose-clients, with a false ".gz" appended.

I tested Firefox changed to run as root user, worked, then changed back to run as user "firefox", also worked.

A technical detail: when I changed Firefox to run as root, /home/firefox got renamed to /home/.firefox, so as not to lose all the stuff in it; bookmarks and so on.
Then when changed back to run as "firefox", /home/.firefox got renamed back to /home/firefox

This fix applies to EasyOS 5.7 and also easyVoid 240308

Attachments
choose-clients.gz
(4.91 KiB) Downloaded 23 times

Return to “EasyOS”