How to use Digitech Composite AV-to-usb video recorder?

Moderator: Forum moderators

boof

How to use Digitech Composite AV-to-usb video recorder?

Post by boof »

DIGITECH Audio Visual
Composite AV to usb video recorder.

5vdc in micro F usb
usb A F
hdmi std out.
cvbs RCA x 3 in
composite source in nafs[?], NOT PAL.

its for my security camera and i want to watch it on my main screen. i have a spare hdmi in port on tv but not cable[?]
i've lost the instructions.
would like to have motion detect recording, but cameras may not have it built in. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/314999056281
i have Xeoma. no hdmi in on pc. dont know how to use Xeoma with usb input from this device.

pp4mnklinux

Re: pls, how do i use this?

Post by pp4mnklinux »

It's possible you have tried this, but just in case, you have a DIGITECH Audio Visual Composite AV to USB video recorder that you want to use with your security camera to watch it on your main screen, it is possible this could be useful to show you how you can set it up:

First of all, the Power Connection:

You must connect the 5VDC power supply to the micro USB port on the video recorder and then plug the USB A connector into a USB power source.

Then you must configure the Video Input:

Connect your security camera's Composite AV (CVBS RCA x 3) output to the corresponding input ports on the video recorder.
Make sure the camera output is set to NTSC.

It's time for the Video Output:

You need to connect the HDMI standard out port of the video recorder to an available HDMI input on your TV.
Motion Detection:

Check the video recorder's settings for motion detection. If your camera doesn't have built-in motion detection, the recorder might have its own feature.
Refer to the lost instructions or you can contact DIGITECH support to get a copy of the manual.

You finished with the SOFT, now its time to the HARD...ware

Software Configuration with Xeoma:

Ensure your video recorder is connected to your computer via USB.
Open Xeoma on your computer.
In Xeoma, add a new camera or select an existing one.
Choose the appropriate source/input. In this case, it would be the USB input from your video recorder.
Configure the settings in Xeoma, including motion detection if available.

Now you gonna view on TV:

Turn on your TV and select the HDMI input to which the video recorder is connected.
You should now be able to view the live feed from your security camera on the TV.

n.b.- If you encounter issues, refer to the product manual (your wrote that u lost it, try to search on the net) or contact DIGITECH support for assistance.

This is only a suggestion, I'm not an expert with this, so it is possible other puppy user will give u a better and more correct explanation, so consider this as "the last resource"

Have a nice day.

~

F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI ====> https://puppyxfcefusilli.wordpress.com/

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@boof :-

Two questions.

1) What connector is on the cable from your security camera?
2) Does this HAVE to capture to a video recorder (we talking about VHS tapes, or DVDs)?

Depending on your response here, I may have a solution for you (no guarantees!), and/or an alternative suggestion. It sounds as though you're trying to combine analogue tech with digital tech here, and that ALWAYS complicates things.

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

boof

Post by boof »

to capture: video stream from camera.
do not know how to set recorder to ntsc, have noisy screen atm. only a record button on device.

pp4mnklinux

Post by pp4mnklinux »

I haven't got your camera, but as general procedure you must access the camera's menu or settings. Here's a general outline:

First step.- Turn on the Camera: (

Access the Menu:
Navigate to the camera's menu system. This is usually done by pressing a "Menu" or "Settings" button on the camera (but if there is not this option .....????)

Locate Video or Display Settings:
Look for a section in the menu related to video, display, or output settings. The exact wording may vary but it should appears on screen

Choose NTSC:
Within the video or display settings, there should be an option to select the video output format. Look for an option like "Video Format," "TV System," or similar. Choose NTSC from the available options and that's all, you only need to save changes (typuically done by slecting OK or the confirmation option.
It is now possible you must restart the Camera becasue some cases, the changes may require this take effect.

Hope it helps

~

F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI ====> https://puppyxfcefusilli.wordpress.com/

boof

Re: How to use Digitech Composite AV-to-usb video recorder?

Post by boof »

i think the cam to hdmi o/p is fine, but my tv has no NTSC input as not usa compat model, and s/ware upgrade will not work for me-current 3.0111 3.6xxxx avail but usb/file not recognised. fat32, w/w'out boot flag, as zip/unzip file - is unzip the problem, changed file too much?. aus only model? 2010-2012 58in v20 series. panasonic plasma. not needing update, tho 260w.

Return to “F96-CE”