Merry Christmas to all.

soniabu

Merry Christmas to all.

Post by soniabu »

Happy holidays and a great start to the year!

à bientôt Sonia

Grey

Re: Merry Christmas to all.

Post by Grey »

About the same Soviet postcard with a typical pastime for Soviet children :) With a strong cosmic romance.
And on the second postcard, my favorite vintage version of delivering a Christmas tree into space :) It is relevant even now for the ISS. Maybe Santa Claus won't have flying deer, or Russian Santa Claus (aka Ded Moroz) will lose his horses ;)

Happy Snow Rocket.gif
Happy Snow Rocket.gif (141.77 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
How to deliver a Christmas tree to the ISS.gif
How to deliver a Christmas tree to the ISS.gif (258.76 KiB) Viewed 1158 times

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

pp4mnklinux

Post by pp4mnklinux »

Dear Puppy Linux Community,

As we gather around the virtual fireplace of our shared love for Puppy Linux, I wanted to take a moment to extend my warmest holiday greetings to each and every one of you. 🐾🎄

Merry Christmas! May your days be filled with joy, laughter, and the delightful clicking sound of your favorite distro booting up. Whether you're nestled in with your furry friends or navigating the digital terrain of Puppy Linux, I hope this season brings you the warmth of friendship, the comfort of community, and the magic of the Linux command line.

As we bid farewell to the challenges of the past year, let's embrace the upcoming one with renewed optimism and determination. May your code compile seamlessly, your dependencies resolve effortlessly, and your projects flourish like a well-watered Linux garden.

Reflecting on the past year, it's clear that our Puppy Linux community is more than just a gathering of users—it's a family. We all are a family that shares knowledge, offers support, and celebrates the victories, no matter how small or significant. Thank you for making Puppy Linux not just an operating system but a home for all of us.

So, here's to you—each contributor, user, and supporter of Puppy Linux. May your holiday season be filled with the joy of discovery, the thrill of problem-solving, and the satisfaction of a successful compile. 🎁

Wishing you a Pawsitively Merry Christmas and a Tail-Wagging New Year!

Warmest Wishes, pp4mnk.

CHEERS !!!

--------------- automatic translation--------------------- spanish ------------------------

Estimada comunidad Puppy Linux,

Mientras nos reunimos alrededor de la chimenea virtual de nuestro amor compartido por Puppy Linux, quería tomarme un momento para extender mis más cálidos saludos navideños a todos y cada uno de ustedes. 🐾🎄

¡Feliz navidad! Que tus días estén llenos de alegría, risas y el delicioso sonido de clic del arranque de tu distribución favorita. Ya sea que estés acurrucado con tus amigos peludos o navegando por el terreno digital de Puppy Linux, espero que esta temporada te traiga la calidez de la amistad, la comodidad de la comunidad y la magia de la línea de comandos de Linux.

Al despedirnos de los desafíos del año pasado, abracemos el próximo con optimismo y determinación renovados. Que su código se compile sin problemas, sus dependencias se resuelvan sin esfuerzo y sus proyectos florezcan como un jardín Linux bien regado.

Reflexionando sobre el año pasado, está claro que nuestra comunidad Puppy Linux es más que una simple reunión de usuarios: es una familia. Todos somos una familia que comparte conocimientos, ofrece apoyo y celebra las victorias, por pequeñas o significativas que sean. Gracias por hacer de Puppy Linux no sólo un sistema operativo sino un hogar para todos nosotros.

Entonces, brindamos esto para usted: cada colaborador, usuario y partidario de Puppy Linux. Que sus fiestas navideñas estén llenas de la alegría del descubrimiento, la emoción de resolver problemas y la satisfacción de una compilación exitosa. 🎁

¡Les deseo una feliz Navidad y un Año Nuevo lleno de emoción!

Mis más cálidos deseos, pp4mnk.

SALUD !!!

Last edited by pp4mnklinux on Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tosim

Post by tosim »

Here's wishing y'all a very, very, Merry, AND SAFE, Christmas, and a GREAT New Year!

XMAS2023.jpg
XMAS2023.jpg (64.79 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
bigpup

Post by bigpup »

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Happy holidays to all :thumbup:

MochiMoppel

Post by MochiMoppel »

Last edited by MochiMoppel on Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BarryK

Post by BarryK »

Christmas greetings from me too!

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

Merry Xmas, y'all. Have a good one.....

(Don't hit the 'sauce' TOO hard!) :D

Mike. :)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Fossil

Post by Fossil »

Yes, a Merry Christmas to one and all.
P.S. The Christmas card was first posted to my grandmother in 1903 A.D.

Attachments
Christmas card, Angels, 1903.jpg
Christmas card, Angels, 1903.jpg (73.34 KiB) Viewed 904 times
Grey

Post by Grey »

Fossil wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:49 pm

P.S. The Christmas card

Ouch. It seemed to me at a quick glance that the angels are Siamese twins with one body. I just didn't notice the third hand. I'm sorry, it's just that there's something cloudy in my eyes today :) Congratulations to you too!

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Fossil

Post by Fossil »

@Grey Blurry vision? Already? :shock: Smirnoff? :thumbup2: :lol:
Счастливого Рождества! I hope that's correct?

Grey

Post by Grey »

Fossil wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:03 pm

Smirnoff? :thumbup2: :lol:

No, it's wallpaper glue :) I decided to update the walls right before the New Year. And we don't have Christmas here until January anyway.

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

HC1018.jpg
HC1018.jpg (32.79 KiB) Viewed 866 times

A silent night, a star above, a blessed gift of hope and love.

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

Saw an interesting documentary the other day. An Israeli archaeologist claims Jesus was born in Galilee which is more than 100 miles from Bethlehem in Judea (which is close to Jerusalem). Reasons:

1. There is also a Bethlehem town in Galilee.
  2. Jesus grew up in Galilee and it is also there where many of his teachings and miracles took place.
  3. It's highly unlikely that Mary would have traveled more than 100 miles on the back of a donkey being highly pregnant and to give birth in Bethlehem near Jerusalem. It's physically almost impossible.
  4. There is a verse in the bible which actually confirms that Jesus was born in Galilee. I think it is somewhere in Romans.
  5. There is no archaeological evidence that Jesus was born in Bethlehem near Jerusalem.
Grey

Post by Grey »

amethyst wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:39 am

There is no archaeological evidence

I remember a pretty old poem by heart. It says that botanists have not found a single aspen in the gardens of the Jordan Valley. And Judas kind of hung himself on an aspen tree. But maybe it was invented by the "damn communists" to promote atheism ;)

Grey

Post by Grey »

Grey wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:12 am

I remember a pretty old poem by heart. It says that botanists have not found a single aspen in the gardens of the Jordan Valley. And Judas kind of hung himself on an aspen tree.

In general, this is a beautiful theory. That is why in late autumn the leaves of modern aspens "tremble" with characteristic movements, as if crying about long-ago events. But scientists, as always, are trying to ruin everything :)

Even non-believers can admit that even if these are legends, they are beautiful. It is quite possible to perceive religion as culture and art (architecture of temples, icons, literature and all that) ;)

tammi806

Post by tammi806 »

Merry Christmas Everyone.

Return to “Off-Topic Area”