Implementation of the default Fossa's background in vector format(Moho .anme) with the possibility of further animation

Moderators: 666philb, Forum moderators

Grey

Implementation of the default Fossa's background in vector format(Moho .anme) with the possibility of further animation

Post by Grey »

Hello everybody. Until I lost it somewhere I will post it on the forum. Default Fossa's background picture in vector format of Moho/Anime Studio. Basically it is a UTF-8 Unicode text file with the coordinates of the points and a description of how they are connected.
Handmade :)

Why is this needed? For the ability to create new backgrounds and create animations.
Why not Inkscape and SVG? Because animation. In addition, I used Anime Studio when it was still called Moho, but I had not even heard about Inkscape then.
.anme (remove .txt extension and unzip)

Fossa-2.anme.tar.xz.txt
(47.95 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

A Linux version of Anime Studio exists, but it's not easy to find. If someone needs it, I can make an SFS with a Windows version and a portable Wine.
After rendering in Anime Studio:

Attachments
fossa_anme.jpg
fossa_anme.jpg (163.94 KiB) Viewed 340 times

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

greengeek

Re: Implementation of the default Fossa's background in vector format(Moho .anme) with the possibility of further animat

Post by greengeek »

Do you have any idea where the fossa background originates from?

In /usr/share/backgrounds the default.jpg does not originally exist in the basic sfs. But I have no idea where it comes from.

I see only a lowres version in that directory.

Seems to be copied to /usr/share/backgrounds/default.jpg if X loads successfully (or something...)

Thanks for any ideas...

dogcat

Re: Implementation of the default Fossa's background in vector format(Moho .anme) with the possibility of further animat

Post by dogcat »

extract adrv_fossapup64_9.5.sfs
usr/share/backgrounds/fossa-dusk.jpg

μακάριοι οἱ δεδιωγμένοι ἕνεκεν δικαιοσύνης, ὅτι αὐτῶν ἐστιν ἡ βασιλεία τῶν οὐρανῶν.

greengeek

Post by greengeek »

dogcat wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:02 am

usr/share/backgrounds/fossa-dusk.jpg

Thanks dogcat. The weird thing is that fossa-dusk.jpg is not there at all.
I see the fossa-dusk-block.jpg image but no fossa-dusk.jpg.

I can also see default.jpg which is the same actual image as fossa-dusk.jpg but I am trying to find out how this default file gets there.

(It is not just renamed to default.jpg as the file is simply not there in the original sfs).

Sorry Grey - this is probably not the correct thread for my query but it looked as if you have intimate knowledge about this file so thought I would ask...
Cheers!

ps: This is a screenie of the expanded sfs showing the contents of /usr/share/backgrounds:
(default.jpg does not appear in the original sfs - must be added after boot by some script somewhere...)

pic.jpg
pic.jpg (20.74 KiB) Viewed 237 times
bigpup

Post by bigpup »

your above image.
That is not the contents of the adrv_fossapup64_9.5.sfs /usr/share/backgounds

You are showing the contents of puppy_fossapup64_9.5.sfs

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

greengeek

Post by greengeek »

dogcat wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:02 am

Thanks dogcat - sorry I did not read carefully enough and I unpacked the puppy sfs instead. :x

bigpup wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:17 am

That is not the contents of the adrv_fossapup64_9.5.sfs /usr/share/backgounds
You are showing the contents of puppy_fossapup64_9.5.sfs

Doh! Oh yes. Thanks for pointing that out :thumbup:

In the end it turned out that the default.jpg was inside the ydrv. (Not certain why it is there instead of in the main sfs - maybe that makes it easier for people to change the default image i guess. Quicker to unpack/repack a small ydrv rather than the full pup sfs)
Thanks for the tips guys!

Return to “Fossapup64”