6.1.6 64bit PREEMPT knl - superseded

Moderator: Forum moderators

ozsouth

6.1.6 64bit PREEMPT knl - superseded

Post by ozsouth »

WARNING:-
OLD KERNELS & FDRVS SHOULD NOT BE USED WITH WOOF-CE PUPPIES CREATED AFTER 2022.
STRUCTURAL CHANGES WILL LIKELY CAUSE CORRUPTION.

Superseded.

If you still want to try it (with old puppies only), it is in Kernel archive:
https://archive.org/download/Puppy_Linux_Huge-Kernels

Last edited by ozsouth on Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
rockedge
Site Admin

Re: 6.1.6 64bit PREEMPT kernel aufs/overlayfs

Post by rockedge »

Testing this kernel in F96_4-radky6-CE and in a KLV-Airedale to test differences in hardware support and continued use of a skeleton initrd and these hybrid huge kernels in KLV.

Marv

Post by Marv »

ozsouth wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:37 pm

Is in both Ubuntu and Slacko compatible flavours, via Puppy kernel-kit master branch (2018), with latest fixes.

From ignorance, what are the Ubuntu/Slackware differences? Library structure? I have run @peebees' kernels (presumably slackware flavour) in both slackware derivatives and fossapups with no issues noted so I'm curious.

Thanks,

My pups: LxPupSc64 and Voidpup64 with LXDE ydrv & synaptics touchpad drivers, both using savefiles. Ydrv based NoblePup64 (JWM & LXDE), Bookworm64 & Fossapup64-mid/mini (LXDE/PCManFM). No savefiles, no fdrvs there. :thumbup:

ozsouth

Post by ozsouth »

@Marv - aufs libs are in /usr/lib for the ubuntu version - (particularly) earlier ubuntu derivatives expected to find it there, with /usr/lib64 being a symlink to /usr/lib. Are in /usr/lib64 for slacko version as those derivatives would expect. Not following these conventions can give unexpected results, & I didn't want to add any potential point of failure. (32bit & overlayfs-only kernels don't need the differentiation).

Note that rapid progress in woof-ce, producing kernels as github artefacts, combined with increasing inter-operability of other-distro kernels, & the fact that many users of old puppies simply stick to their original kernel, makes it likely that my kernel methods will become redundant sometime this year.

Return to “Kernels”