Screenshot Utilities

Moderator: Forum moderators

AntonioPt

Re: Screenshot Utilities

Post by AntonioPt »

Hello everyone, i just made a small update to TAS script since wasnt displaying some Dialog Boxs "func_dlg () " but problem fix now and i have clean the code a litter bit more gonna clean more and better "at least for my point of view" and i hope this is usefull to every one who loves TAS.
P.S. I rename the version to 1.16 and gonna add more Variables in order to have an option to make multi language translation

Attachments
tas_1.16.gz
(6.95 KiB) Downloaded 27 times

Why astronauts use Linux
Because you can't open windows in space

MochiMoppel

Post by MochiMoppel »

AntonioPt wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:08 pm

i just made a small update to TAS script since wasnt displaying some Dialog Boxs "func_dlg () " but problem fix now

If you think that TAS needs fixing I suggest that you contact JakeSFR.

i have clean the code a litter bit more gonna clean more and better "at least for my point of view" and i hope this is usefull to every one who loves TAS.

I made only a quick comparison with TAS 1.15 and your version and found that most of your changes are cosmetic, sometimes reverting to an obsolete syntax style and sometimes potentially wrong, e.g.

Code: Select all

IFS=""

is not the same as

IFS='
'

@JakeSFR Is there already a TAS thread in the current forum? I couldn't find one.
Would be nice to have a place where users can post comments, ideas and praise ;)

wiak

Post by wiak »

P.S. I rename the version to 1.16 and gonna add more Variables in order to have an option to make multi language translation

Never a good idea to do that. TAS already has a author/maintainer. If you want to change the script you should either contact originator or fork under a different name to avoid user confusion via multiple version uploads, which is just bad practice overall even if the fork contains improvements that some may appreciate.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

JakeSFR

Post by JakeSFR »

AntonioPt wrote:

Hello everyone, i just made a small update to TAS script since wasnt displaying some Dialog Boxs "func_dlg () " but problem fix now and i have clean the code a litter bit more gonna clean more and better "at least for my point of view" and i hope this is usefull to every one who loves TAS.

I looked at the diff and there are some strange, breaking changes, like LANG=C, which basically disables the use of other translations than English.

Another one:

if [ "${1}" != "relaunch" ] && [ "`xwininfo -root | grep -w Depth | awk '{print $2}'`" -lt 26 ] ; then
  func_dlg WARN "$(gettext "Color depth is lower than 24bits.")" \
                "$(gettext "TAS may not work 100% properly.")" \
                "$(gettext "Try to use 'xorgwizard' to change the setting.")"
fi

where 24 was for some reason increased to 26, what makes this warning always show up at startup, unnecessarily.

The IFS mentioned by Mochi - with your modification using spaces in output filename doesn't work anymore.

So, can you tell me what is the actual problem with TAS and I'll see how to address it?

MochiMoppel wrote:

@JakeSFR Is there already a TAS thread in the current forum? I couldn't find one.
Would be nice to have a place where users can post comments, ideas and praise ;)

No, I don't think so, I couldn't find it either. Fixed: viewtopic.php?p=71991

Greetings!

[O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource
Omnia mea mecum porto.
AntonioPt

Post by AntonioPt »

MochiMoppel wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:00 am

i just made a small update to TAS script since wasnt displaying some Dialog Boxs "func_dlg () " but problem fix now

If you think that TAS needs fixing I suggest that you contact JakeSFR.

i have clean the code a litter bit more gonna clean more and better "at least for my point of view" and i hope this is usefull to every one who loves TAS.

I made only a quick comparison with TAS 1.15 and your version and found that most of your changes are cosmetic, sometimes reverting to an obsolete syntax style and sometimes potentially wrong, e.g.

IFS=""

is not the same as

IFS='
'

Thxx for your Replay,... but im new with bash and all this stuff about updates,... but next time i will take that into acount,... Thank you very much.
P.S yes most of the code are cosmetic since its the way i make code "so that i can get it/understand better for my self thats all" but version 1.15 if you run via terminal the dialogs don't display :)

Why astronauts use Linux

AntonioPt

Post by AntonioPt »

JakeSFR wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:05 am
AntonioPt wrote:

I looked at the diff and there are some strange, breaking changes, like LANG=C, which basically disables the use of other translations than English.

Another one:

if [ "${1}" != "relaunch" ] && [ "`xwininfo -root | grep -w Depth | awk '{print $2}'`" -lt 26 ] ; then
  func_dlg WARN "$(gettext "Color depth is lower than 24bits.")" \
                "$(gettext "TAS may not work 100% properly.")" \
                "$(gettext "Try to use 'xorgwizard' to change the setting.")"
fi

where 24 was for some reason increased to 26, what makes this warning always show up at startup, unnecessarily.

The IFS mentioned by Mochi - with your modification using spaces in output filename doesn't work anymore.

So, can you tell me what is the actual problem with TAS and I'll see how to address it?

MochiMoppel wrote:

No, I don't think so, I couldn't find it either. Fixed: viewtopic.php?p=71991

Greetings!

Hi there @JakeSFR , yes you are right about that i did it on porpuse to test if func_dlg popup correcly since 1.15 in fossa wont display and in Racypup "yes this old pupy didnt run too :D" but soon i will post in the link you just send me with more updates and then you tell me what you think,... since im new and didnt got no clue where to share my code/ideia,... and thankyou for all Replay/comment/feedback,... P.S. this tool its supose to creat a Gif animation too ? because i notice more "issues/flaws" but anyway tomorrow or so i hope to share a better code that i implement then tell me what you think,....

Last edited by AntonioPt on Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Why astronauts use Linux

AntonioPt

Post by AntonioPt »

wiak wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:42 am

Never a good idea to do that. TAS already has a author/maintainer. If you want to change the script you should either contact originator or fork under a different name to avoid user confusion via multiple version uploads, which is just bad practice overall even if the fork contains improvements that some may appreciate.

Thankyou next time i will take that into acount,... and thankyou for your replay/comment/feedback,.... Best Regards Antonio

Why astronauts use Linux

step

Post by step »

AntonioPt wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:46 pm

P.S. this tool its supose to creat a Gif animation too ?

@fredx181 did TKAGIF

mikewalsh wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:37 pm

To this end, Fred 'modified' TakeAShot, and built TakeAGif.....which allows you to create short GIF sequences directly at the click of a button. The above images were all created with it.

TKAGIF in old forum

AntonioPt

Post by AntonioPt »

step wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:26 pm
AntonioPt wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:46 pm

P.S. this tool its supose to creat a Gif animation too ?

@fredx181 did TKAGIF

mikewalsh wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:37 pm

To this end, Fred 'modified' TakeAShot, and built TakeAGif.....which allows you to create short GIF sequences directly at the click of a button. The above images were all created with it.

TKAGIF in old forum

Hello @step thankyou i think this full post of mine will be remove soon since there is another place to talk about it and i didnt express my self very well so there are some updates and sully question from a rockie who is learning bash "Me" :D but thankyou for all :)

Why astronauts use Linux

Return to “Utilities”