PaDS 1.1.7 - convert .deb, .pet, .sfs, .tazpkg, .txz, .tar.gz to .sfs (Update/Fix: 2020-10-04)

Moderator: Forum moderators

taersh

PaDS 1.1.7 - convert .deb, .pet, .sfs, .tazpkg, .txz, .tar.gz to .sfs (Update/Fix: 2020-10-04)

Post by taersh »

Hi.

PaDS 1.1.7 is the updated version of PaDS 1.1.4 updated from PaDS 1.0.4

PaDS 1.1.7 is updated for the use in 64bit Puppies which have a real directory /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu. Puppies previous FossaPup64 had this being a symbolic link pointing to /usr/lib. So, 1.1.4 doesn't work anymore in FossaPup64.

PaDS means: convert and merge (P)ET (a)nd (D)EB into a single (S)FS.

Just put archives like .deb, .pet, .sfs, .tazpkg, .txz, .tar.gz into a single directory and right-click that directory.
Then choose Combine to SFS from the context menu. It will return a .sfs module build from all the archives within the right-clicked directory. The directory to build the .sfs module needs to have a name different from the names of the archives used. It needs the Xdotool package to work from GUI.

PaDS 1.1.7 for testings (uninstall 1.1.6 first, then install 1.1.7.):

PaDS-1.1.7.pet
(45.63 KiB) Downloaded 885 times

Xdotool might be also available via PPM in the repositories of the dependent Puppy in use.

Xdotool64.pet
(37.28 KiB) Downloaded 536 times
Xdotool32.pet
(35.75 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
Last edited by taersh on Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:07 am, edited 13 times in total.

My Music:
https://soundcloud.com/user-633698367
Using my own build of Bionic64
The far-left is as fascist as the far-right is!

taersh

Re: PaDS 1.1.6

Post by taersh »

PaDS 1.1.6 is also updated for the use in 32bit Puppies which has also a real directory /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu. Previous Puppies had this being a symbolic link pointing to /usr/lib. So, 1.1.4 from the old forum doesn't work anymore in newer Puppies.

Have fun building .sfs modules. :thumbup:

My Music:

taersh

Post by taersh »

Uploaded a new package, as the GUI was still showing 1.1.4 as its version number.

My Music:

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

Hi taersh,

Thanks, again, for the new PaDS. :thumbup: I'll try it out as soon as I can think of something I want to build. :)

Just a thought: :idea: PaDS, itself, is a script and consequently 'no-arch'. It doesn't matter what binaries were used to woof a Puppy, nor whether that Puppy is 32 or 64 bit. But, that's not the case with xdotool. And although you've provided both 32 and 64 bit versions of xdotool, wouldn't it be slightly better if there only were instead instructions to obtain xdotool (and its dependency) via Puppy Package Manager. xdotool has been available via PPM in the many Puppies I've worked with.

Binaries and libraries are compiled for specific operating systems. My experience is that --but for the 32/64 bit dichotomy-- they are usually interchangeable: e.g. a slacko binary or library can be used in a 'ubuntu' Puppy and vice-versa. Usually, but not always. Sometimes there is some minor difference resulting from compile instructions which will show up, if not in the application for which you've installed it but in some other application which expected the slightly different version.
taersh

Re: PaDS 1.1.6 - convert .pet and .deb to .sfs

Post by taersh »

...wouldn't it be slightly better if there only were instead instructions to obtain xdotool (and its dependency) via Puppy Package Manager...
Added a note about Xdotool being available via PPM to the opening post.

My Music:

taersh

Re: (Update/Fix: 2020-10-04) PaDS 1.1.7 - convert .deb, .pet, .sfs, .tazpkg, .txz, .tar.gz to .sfs

Post by taersh »

Hi.

I'm really sorry, though I discovered some problems in PaDS 1.1.6! :oops:

So, I reworked on the package, tested completely both functions (GUI & Right-click) and attached version 1.1.7 to the opening post.

All testings succeeded in complete. So, I dare to call this the stable version! :thumbup:

Please, uninstall version 1.1.6 first. Then install version 1.1.7.

Thanks!

My Music:

JASpup

Re: PaDS 1.1.7 - convert .deb, .pet, .sfs, .tazpkg, .txz, .tar.gz to .sfs (Update/Fix: 2020-10-04)

Post by JASpup »

@taersh if a package installs by deb/pet/txz on a distro, does running PaDS convert it to a working sfs? Usually the package is just one file.

Take a browser for example:

In a pupsave you can save config settings that reload each boot. How do you make a static config with PaDS?

I'm loading sfs browsers that work or don't. Hit or miss.

I want to make my own sfs from apps that install. I can install Opera 45 from .deb on Tahr, but Opera 48 from sfs won't run. Maybe I can make an Opera 45 sfs?

taersh wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:16 pm

So, 1.1.4 from the old forum doesn't work anymore in newer Puppies.

When does newer begin? I'm on 32bit 6-7.

On the Whiz-Neophyte Bridge
Linux Über Alles
Disclaimer: You may not be reading my words as posted.

mikeslr

Re: PaDS 1.1.7 - convert .deb, .pet, .sfs, .tazpkg, .txz, .tar.gz to .sfs (Update/Fix: 2020-10-04)

Post by mikeslr »

JASpup wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:24 pm

@taersh if a package installs by deb/pet/txz on a distro, does running PaDS convert it to a working sfs? Usually the package is just one file.

Take a browser for example:

In a pupsave you can save config settings that reload each boot. How do you make a static config with PaDS?
You can't. See answer at bottom after reading other responses.
I'm loading sfs browsers that work or don't. Hit or miss.

I want to make my own sfs from apps that install. I can install Opera 45 from .deb on Tahr, but Opera 48 from sfs won't run. Maybe I can make an Opera 45 sfs?

Unless built as portables with instructions to first look within its own folder for libraries/dependencies, web-browsers --any application-- depends on the operating system to provide those libraries. Examine Mike Walsh's opera-portable, look in the "lib" folder and see how many are included. I'm not sure how Mike provides instructions. But do similar with a portable firefox and you'll see an "extralibs" folder. Open the "ff" file in a text editor and you'll find the line beginning "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=". Perhaps the best application to examine (UEXtract) is watchdog's palemoon-27.2.0-p4-glibc219tweak.pet, http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 200#948200 as includes glibc libraries newer than those built-into the Puppies on which the pet is to be installed. Tahrpup may not have the glibc and gtk3 libraries needed to run Opera 48. To find out what libraries are missing, UExtract an application and run ListDynamicDependencies on its binary.

taersh wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:16 pm

So, 1.1.4 from the old forum doesn't work anymore in newer Puppies.

When does newer begin? I'm on 32bit 6-7.
You shouldn't have any problem using 1.1.4. The 9 series, such as Fossa, is when the change took place.

PaDS extracts packages, combines the files they contain and repackages the combined files. Config/Settings files ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE ORIGINAL PACKAGES. For the reasons explained below, 'though possible, I don't recommend the following. To create either a pet or an SFS containing a config file you have to do the following:
1) Install or load the application but keep the original package (SFS, pet, deb,whatever) available.
2) Make your adjustments --customizations, settings, addons, bookmarks. Find where they are stored. Most likely they will be hidden files in /root. Click Rox's EYE/Show hidden files and, for example, look for a folder named /root/.opera or /root/.config/opera. Leave the file-browser Window showing that directory open.
3) Create a new folder: Left-Click an empty space, select New>folder and give it an appropriate name e.g. my-opera
4) Mount the SFS you created using PaDS --Left-click-- Select View Contents-- Click an empty space in the window which opens. Then hold-down the Ctrl button while typing "a" --without the quotes-- to select all contents. Drag/Drop them into your 'my-opera' folder.
5) In your 'my-opera' folder browse to or create a /root folder. If appropriate, also create a .config folder within that. Drag the opera/.opera folder from Step 2 into it. [Obviously, if opera kept its settings elsewhere, modify this Step accordingly].
6) Left-Click an empty space NEXT-TO the (e.g.) my-opera folder. Select Window> Terminal Here. In the terminal which opens enter the command (generic dir2sfs-or-dir2pet NAME_of_FOLDER), example: dir2sfs my-opera.
Among the reasons for not recommending this are (a) you've created an application specific to your computer and operating system --it probably can't otherwise be used. (b) Config/setting files are always copied into RAM on boot-up. But they are overwritten by the contents in your SaveFile/Folder. So, the first time you add a book-mark, add or remove an addon or otherwise change your setting you've over-written the now builtin config/setting. In short, you've wasted a lot of time.
The above technique is only useful if you intent to operate without a SaveFile/Folder.
There used to be more efficient way to accomplish that. :( nic007 had published a Utility Suite that included a Save2SFS component. So you could create a SaveFile (if only for a little while) make your setting/configuration adjustments, then run the component to convert the SaveFile into an adrv or ydrv and again operate with only READ-ONLY components. But, apparently he had a hissy-fit and deleted his work. :roll: :thumbdown:

JASpup

Post by JASpup »

@mikeslr thanks for looking at this.

Opera 48 SFS still won't run, but I found an Opera 45 SFS the exact same version as the .deb and it does.

Easy resolution. I use Opera 45.

I still need to get good at making them.

The holy grail is Chromium. I decided to prefer it over Chrome as it doesn't try to impose automatic updates and will include DuckDuckGo search.

The challenge from a Linux seat is less compatibility. The Chromium SFS I find don't run. PaDS to the rescue?

To find out what libraries are missing, UExtract an application and run ListDynamicDependencies on its binary.

That's something to try. I only see ListDD and Check dependencies for installed apps.

There doesn't seem to be a basic way to check uninstalled package dependencies. Even PPM doesn't seem to include them all.

If you can recommend PaDS 1.1.4 I'll try it.

For one browser I have a static configuration I copy to .config when I want to use it. This issue is a big red sign to learn basic scripting. I could have done it in a Redmond batch file many years ago, but the skill needs revitalizing.

Linux Über Alles

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

JASpup wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:14 pm

@mikeslr thanks for looking at this.

Opera 48 SFS still won't run, but I found an Opera 45 SFS the exact same version as the .deb and it does.
The Opera 45 deb is probably direct from a debian or Ubuntu repo. The Opera 45 SFS was either compiled or built for Puppy so is not the same.

Easy resolution. I use Opera 45.

I still need to get good at making them.

The holy grail is Chromium. I decided to prefer it over Chrome as it doesn't try to impose automatic updates and will include DuckDuckGo search. I could be wrong. But my recollection is that you are runing a 32-bit Puppy and that there hasn't been a 32-bit Chromium since 2017. If so, consider directing your efforts toward Iron or Vivaldi. But PaDS isn't the tool for that. If you want to create an SFS, start with a 32-bit portable and just repackage it. But if you want to 'create your own' I recommend that you deconstruct the Chromium & Clones built for Puppies and seek the advice of their creators. Maybe work your way thru the Google-Chrome thread on the old forum. Many of its posts have to do with the advice and steps Mike Walsh had to take to create a viable application.

The challenge from a Linux seat is less compatibility. The Chromium SFS I find don't run. PaDS to the rescue? No. PaDS is a great tool. I use it all the time. But it is not a panacea. It can't supply something not already in a package. Perhaps you should try to master pkg-cli, viewtopic.php?f=156&t=717, which --like apt-- can directly access repos to obtain libraries and has better dependency checking than Puppy Package Manager. But there's a learning curve especially if your desire is to create SFSes rather than simply install. Frankly, I haven't gotten that far with it.

To find out what libraries are missing, UExtract an application and run ListDynamicDependencies on its binary.

That's something to try. I only see ListDD and Check dependencies for installed apps. The DD in ListDD is short for DynamicDependencies. So, yes, you won't specifically find an application spelling its name out. I did so hoping to provide ListDD's connection to the task.

There doesn't seem to be a basic way to check uninstalled package dependencies. Even PPM doesn't seem to include them all. PPM uninstall only lists specific pets, debs, and other packages installed. Not the contents of those packages. If you look in /root/.packages you'll find a file for each installed package. You can open them in a text editor. Most will show not only the files contained within an installed package, but where each is located. My understanding is that these .packages are used by PPM during Uninstall. Other files found in the .packages folder serve other purposes. Perhaps another reason to spend time mastering pkg-cli.

If you can recommend PaDS 1.1.4 I'll try it. PaDS 1.1.4 is recommended.

For one browser I have a static configuration I copy to .config when I want to use it. This issue is a big red sign to learn basic scripting. I could have done it in a Redmond batch file many years ago, but the skill needs revitalizing.

taersh

Post by taersh »

When does newer begin?

Version 1.1.4 is good for Puppies before and including Bionic64. Exception is the Puppies from peebee beyond and including Bionic32.
Version 1.1.7 is for Puppies beyond Bionic64 and Puppies made by peebe, like Bionic32, DiscoDingo etc.pp.

Before using it you can check for yourself. If the Puppy has a symbolic link /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu or /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu then it needs version 1.1.4. If these are real directories version 1.1.7 is needed.

My Music:

JASpup

Post by JASpup »

@mikeslr I'll consider your suggestions. Vision (knowing what you want vs. fiddling around and stumbling into things) is key.

What I basically want w/respect to taersh's tool is 'sweet spot' (not too old, not too new) SFS for every browser appropriate for each os I use. I would expect that skill to transfer to other apps.

Sites recognize our browsers and if I have, say, three Gmail accounts with all Google's tracking and whatnot, I'd just as soon use a different browser for each account.

I used to use different Windows users, but that didn't seem as effective as I wanted it to be, so the attempt now will be multiple browsers and email profiles for one user.

Tahr32 running Chromium 65 SFS would be a coup. When I try to run this:
https://archive.org/download/Puppy_Linu ... .0.113.sfs

The output is this:

Code: Select all

root# chromium
/usr/lib/chromium/chromium: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.60: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
chown: /root/spot/Downloads/*: No such file or directory
root# EXIT="Exit on mouse-over"

Yet I have a pupsave with the browser that runs.

Linux Über Alles

JASpup

Post by JASpup »

taersh wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:51 pm

When does newer begin?

Version 1.1.4 is good for Puppies before and including Bionic64. Exception is the Puppies from peebee beyond and including Bionic32.
Version 1.1.7 is for Puppies beyond Bionic64 and Puppies made by peebe, like Bionic32, DiscoDingo etc.pp.

PeeBee meaning LxPups? I'm not sure it matters what I boot (I can adjust) if nothing from the system is being included in the SFS.

Before using it you can check for yourself. If the Puppy has a symbolic link /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu or /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu then it needs version 1.1.4. If these are real directories version 1.1.7 is needed.

I'll figure it out in time.

Linux Über Alles

taersh

Post by taersh »

I forgot to mention that version 1.1.7 will also work for the older Puppies e.g. before Fossa64.
It checks if the mentioned directories are symbolic links or real directories.
That's why I updated it to 1.1.7.

My Music:

JASpup

Post by JASpup »

Chromium via PaDs

I can install these individually and Chromium 65 runs in Tahr:

1. chromium-browser_65.0.3325.181-0ubuntu0.14.04.1_i386.deb

2. chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra_65.0.3325.181-0ubuntu0.14.04.1_i386.deb

3. libgtk-3-0_3.10.8-0ubuntu1.6_i386.deb

4. libgtk-3-common_3.10.8-0ubuntu1.6_all.deb

5. libxkbcommon0_0.4.1-0ubuntu1.1_i386.deb

6. libnspr4-0d_4.13.1-0ubuntu0.14.04.1_i386.deb

7. libnspr4_4.13.1-0ubuntu0.14.04.1_i386.deb

8. libnss3-1d_3.28.4-0ubuntu0.14.04.5_i386.deb

9. libnss3_3.28.4-0ubuntu0.14.04.5_i386.deb

10. libnss3-nssdb_3.28.4-0ubuntu0.14.04.5_all.deb

11. libnss3-tools_3.28.4-0ubuntu0.14.04.5_i386.deb

When I make a .sfs with PaDs from all 11:

root# /usr/bin/chromium-browser: line 133: lsb_release: command not found
/usr/bin/chromium-browser: line 134: lsb_release: command not found
/usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser: /usr/lib/libnss3.so: version `NSS_3.22' not found (required by /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser)

Pehaps something is missing to me?

Linux Über Alles

taersh

Post by taersh »

That means there is already something (perhaps the libnss3 stuff?) existing inside your Puppy/Save-File/Save-Folder that is overwritten when installing all these packages. Since .sfs modules do load to a layer below the Puppy .sfs and also below the save file and/or save folder it won't replace that library as it is replaced when installing.

Try to run that Chromium .sfs in Puppy without to load the save file etc.

What's the result then?

My Music:

JASpup

Post by JASpup »

@taersh it seems like there could be an issue with layers, but booting Tahr live with no pupsave produces the same error.

Having all the .deb files offline feels like I'm getting closer to the goal.

Tahr is running on old computer better than Xenial, but Tahr pupsave is full of this big Chromium install. If I can make a .sfs it can boot live.

UPDATE: I am running the same Chromium SFS in Xenial right now, but I made it in Tahr, for Tahr. We know it works.

Linux Über Alles

taersh

Post by taersh »

Then there's something installed into the Tahr base .sfs that avoids the Chromium .sfs from running.
I would suggest:

- run Tahr without any save files
- installing the libnss3 stuff one by one and testing the Chromium .sfs to load and run after each install of the libs

When finished and succeeded installing the related libs into the base .sfs and doing a remaster.

My Music:

JASpup

Post by JASpup »

I think you mean:

Even though all libnss3 are in chromium.sfs, they conflict with puppy_tahr.sfs above it and need to be in the system layer.

Would it work the same as your testing if I put libnss3 dependencies in adrv and built chromium.sfs without them?

Linux Über Alles

taersh

Post by taersh »

Yes, I think this should work.
At least it's worth a try.

My Music:

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

"/usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser: /usr/lib/libnss3.so: version `NSS_3.22' not found (required by /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser)"
"Would it work the same as your testing if I put libnss3 dependencies in adrv and built chromium.sfs without them?"

I think that would work, but only if you haven't installed pet/application using the older nss lib. An adrv has priority over the base.sfs, e.g. puppy_tahr_6.0.5.sfs. But the contents of your SaveFile have the highest priority. If you have installed an application using the older nss lib, there are two possible 'workarounds'.

(1) Probably the safest is to convert the chromium.sfs to a pet and install it: Create Folder, mount SFS, copy contents of SFS into Folder, dir2pet the Folder. Then both NSS_3.22 and its older version will be in your SaveFile/Folder.
(2) Delete the old NSS library, install the NSS_3.22 and create a symbolic link to it with the name of the deleted library. But the web-browser which used the deleted version may not be able to use the newer version.
[AFAIK, NSS libraries are only used by web-browsers. I could be wrong].

JASpup

Post by JASpup »

I can not boot an adrv but chromium.sfs runs. After sfs_load it prompts to run but will not. --no-sandbox is required from prompt. I put the switch in the PaDs field but it needs a prompt command.

5 in current .sfs:
chromium-browser_65.0.3325.181-0ubuntu0.14.04.1_i386.deb
chromium-codecs-ffmpeg-extra_65.0.3325.181-0ubuntu0.14.04.1_i386.deb
libgtk-3-0_3.10.8-0ubuntu1.6_i386.deb
libgtk-3-common_3.10.8-0ubuntu1.6_all.deb
libxkbcommon0_0.4.1-0ubuntu1.1_i386.deb

These 5 are installed:
libnspr4-0d_4.13.1-0ubuntu0.14.04.1_i386.deb
libnspr4_4.13.1-0ubuntu0.14.04.1_i386.deb

libnss3-1d_3.28.4-0ubuntu0.14.04.5_i386.deb
libnss3_3.28.4-0ubuntu0.14.04.5_i386.deb
libnss3-nssdb_3.28.4-0ubuntu0.14.04.5_all.deb

This one is not required:
libnss3-tools_3.28.4-0ubuntu0.14.04.5_i386.deb

Linux Über Alles

taersh

Post by taersh »

Sorry, but I'm absolutely clueless at this point.
I create my *drv .sfs modules manually.

I don't know how you tried to build that adrv. sfs or what scripts you were using, though,
sorry to say that, but most of all available scripts I used to create my *drv .sfs modules or to remaster the base .sfs are nearly crap.
Or at least: they still don't fit my needs.

That's why I wrote my own LazY Puppy Remaster Suite which I've used successful for many years.
Now, after having a huge learning curve (not only in Puppy, but also in English) I'm doing everything manually on the OS.
Therefor I have extracted versions of all my Puppy's .sfs modules stored to my development partition.

Of course, to build additional .sfs modules to be loaded on the fly via sfs_load, I'm still using PaDS.
No better tool existing for that job. Especially when it comes to a huge number of dependent files/archives.

Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (82.21 KiB) Viewed 2611 times

My Music:

TerryH

Post by TerryH »

I have been looking at dimkr's latest creation cagepup, it doesn't have any multimedia players installed. I looked in PPM and to install audacious, there were also 79 dependencies. I initially installed all to make sure it would run. I then rebooted without saving. On reboot I just downloaded all the packages. I then used the latest PADS 1.1.7 to create and audacious.sfs. It runs and I am able to play locally stored music files.

Just one query, on the first run only it put up an error message;
Error reading file:///root/%25U:
No such file or directory.

Just wondering if this has been seen before. It may have been something I did or didn't do, as when the .desktop dialogue was displayed, I didn't care at this time whether am application.dektop file was included as I was only checking whether it worked. I just ignored this part and clicked to create the sfs. As PADS makes it such an easy process, I can easily rerun the PADS process again.

@taersh S than you for this excellent utility.

New Laptop - ASUS ZenBook Ryzen 7 5800H Vega 7 iGPU / 16 GB RAM

taersh

Post by taersh »

Thanks! :thumbup:

Just wondering if this has been seen before.

Yes, at least something similar.

Could you please post the content of audacious's .desktop file?
Could be there is the problem!
Could be it's in the Exec= entry.

My Music:

TerryH

Post by TerryH »

taersh wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:31 am

Thanks! :thumbup:

Just wondering if this has been seen before.

Yes, at least something similar.

Could you please post the content of audacious's .desktop file?
Could be there is the problem!
Could be it's in the Exec= entry.

Looks quite standard to me. It only appeared once and runs fine on subsequent runs. I didn't include all the Comment and Generic Name lines at the end of the file.

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=Audacious
GenericName=Music Player
Comment=Listen to music
Icon=audacious
Keywords=audio;player;audacious;music;gtk;
Categories=AudioVideo;Audio;Player;GTK;
Exec=audacious %U
TryExec=audacious
StartupNotify=false
Terminal=false
MimeType=application/ogg;application/x-cue;application/x-ogg;application/xspf+xml;audio/aac;audio/flac;audio/midi;audio/mp3;audio/mp4;audio/mpeg;audio/mpegurl;audio/ogg;audio/prs.sid;audio/wav;audio/x-flac;audio/x-it;audio/x-mod;audio/x-mp3;audio/x-mpeg;audio/x-mpegurl;audio/x-ms-asx;audio/x-ms-wma;audio/x-musepack;audio/x-s3m;audio/x-scpls;audio/x-stm;audio/x-vorbis+ogg;audio/x-wav;audio/x-wavpack;audio/x-xm;x-content/audio-cdda;

New Laptop - ASUS ZenBook Ryzen 7 5800H Vega 7 iGPU / 16 GB RAM

taersh

Post by taersh »

Thanks.

Exec=audacious %U

The issue is %U.
I don't know why, but from my experience Puppy has almost ever problems if such commands are added to the Exec= entry.
I think they are usually (perhaps?) removed via Puppy Package Manager (.pet etc. files) install routine.

When ever you'll find such stuff added, just remove it before creating the .sfs.

BUT: if there's something like:

env python ProgramName

click the icon on the right.

It will the create a script using these commands as its content and replaces the entry of Exec= to e.g. pads-ProgramName-run.

My Music:

JASpup

Post by JASpup »

My problem is related to PaDs, but I didn't intend to hijack your tool update post.

If troubleshooting info is here, someone else may find it.

I made the adrv from pup_rw. I think I should have tried pup_ro1 instead.

The adrv is now a manually recreated pupsave from scratch.

I think I am not advanced enough to make adrv(s). I should use the remaster tool.

Otherwise I have to do everything manually too, else I do not understand it and cannot fix errors.

Tools have to be simple and foolproof.

This is posted from Chromium 65 .sfs via PaDS in X-Tahr.

Linux Über Alles

taersh

Post by taersh »

Everything troubleshooting related to the use of PaDS, this is the right section.
Since PaDS is not designed to create *drv .sfs modules it can't be of any use for this target.

Though, I never have seen anything in pup_ro1.
Just don't know when (for which purpose) pup_ro1 is used at all.
Since it is a read-only (_ro) directory it can't have anything included of whatever settings and changes you made/applied.

My Music:

one

Post by one »

taersh wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:58 pm

Everything troubleshooting related to the use of PaDS, this is the right section.
Since PaDS is not designed to create *drv .sfs modules it can't be of any use for this target.

Though, I never have seen anything in pup_ro1.

Because you don't use a savefile ... (I think you mentioned this in another thread)

Return to “Utilities”