Light Browser (Super Lightweight Internet Browser Based From Firefox). For puppy ?

Moderator: Forum moderators

amethyst

Re: Light Browser (Super Lightweight Internet Browser Based From Firefox). For puppy ?

Post by amethyst »

It's based on an old Firefox version (ancient version 49 or thereabouts). At least 6 years old. Won't work (or not work properly) with new sites or existing sites which are updated regularly. I'm afraid, it's becoming more and more useless by the day.

wiak

Re: Light Browser (Super Lightweight Internet Browser Based From Firefox). For puppy ?

Post by wiak »

rockedge wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:54 am

@wiak I've been suspicious of puppytrue for a while now. There are moments that I am about to delete the "user" and all the posts belonging to it. Not one of them makes much sense to me and they seem very much like diversions. There might be hidden URL's contained within them. Like just a "." can be selected with the BBCode to be a link and then there is a URL that other search bots will find. One of our moderators has found other posts that are using the this tactic.
Examine this line carefully, Contained is the disguised link.

So far I have not looked closely at everything puppytrue has posted so I can not be certain that well disguised URL's to unwanted sites are contained in any of them. Would be also interesting in seeing if there is ever a response to a query from this user.

I think there is no doubt anymore that this user "puppytrue" should be banned from the forum. Perhaps a bot? But needed taken off the forum for posting same just asking "where for puppy" security?
See also latest same junk on Puli thread - a major target of puppytrue: viewtopic.php?p=52544#p52544
Perhaps there is some span occasionally embedded in the junk they link to, but even if not, I think they are not contributing to the forum at all, but rather being disruptive and wasting other forum members time in innocently and politely replying to puppytrue junk questions.

Perhaps you could ask @puppytrue to justify him or herself and explain why all the junk posts, and to cease and desist making them otherwise banned?

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

I removed the user and all of the posts. I looked through them all 198, and there is a trail of deleted text in posts replaced with a "deleted" and the rest make no sense to me. He/She can email and explain why the posts and topics seem so vague, and then ask us for re-admission

Return to “Browsers and Internet”