Possible to add touchsceen ability to a modern TV?

Clarity

Possible to add touchsceen ability to a modern TV?

Post by Clarity »

Request to community
Has ANYONE ever used/tested the ability to add touchscreen to a TV?

I am looking at this, but thought to ask first, for anyone's prior experience.

Any ideas are welcomed.

April

Re: Possible to add touchsceen ability to a modern TV?

Post by April »

As its a separate system putting it on top seems easily doable . The problem will come in to how you would integrate that with the firmware in the TV.? What use would you put it to?

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

Clarity

Re: Possible to add touchsceen ability to a modern TV?

Post by Clarity »

Looking at TV as a PC monitor. This "seems" to turn the TV into a touchscreen monitor.

This being the case (assuming truth), adding USB camera to the PC would give me tablet like functions on the TV's screen.

Thus, I could merely stand at the monitor and manage system use in the same way I do with my Puppy Laptop with touchscreen. That is little to no typing or mouse use, as, much of my operations are mere screen touches.

I think from reading, The PC will have an HDMI connections to the TV screen-audio and this provides a USB pathway that the Puppy OS system must provide an screen overlay (somehow???) such that the 2 operate as what we currently see with any touchscreen laptop.

There are many sorts of applications that this arrangement can be applied in one's flat.

Just my out of the box thinking.

Return to “Off-Topic Area”