Slacko64-v7 keyboard behavior

Post here if you feel others can duplicate your so discovered "bug"

Moderator: Forum moderators

Clarity

Slacko64-v7 keyboard behavior

Post by Clarity »

Upon arrival at Slacko desktop on its initial boot, the keyboard is behavior normally as expected. This works fine BEFORE FirstRUN and its following screen is completed.

After running FirstRUN and screen during initial boot, my arrow keys, action keys and numeric keys do NOT behave as expected. Some of the keys don't do anything while other are launching applications. Num-lock on or off does NOT correct behavior.

This conditions arises whether there are entries changed in FirstRUN or not. It also does NOT matter if I booted from CD or from the v7 ISO file.

Also reported on Slacko64-v7 thread.

thinkpadfreak

Re: Slacko64-v7 keyboard behavior

Post by thinkpadfreak »

I am experiencing a similar problem.
After changing the keyboard layout to "jp," the arrow keys stopped working on ThinkPad L440.

Then I changed the video driver from "modesetting" to "intel." I edited xorg.conf manually. The above problem disappeared.

In addition, the click buttons of the pointing device do not work properly. The click buttons of ThinkPad L440 (and other ThinkPads of the same generation) are notorious for being merged with the upper edge of the touchpad.
Even if the touchpad is turned off, the buttons (not buttons in reality) are expected to work.

Though Bionicpup64, Fossapup64 and EasyPup deal with this device properly, Slacko64 7.0 doesn't. It seems to me that the Puppies which handle the device fine use "evdev" driver.

recobayu

Re: Slacko64-v7 keyboard behavior

Post by recobayu »

Yes, me too.
The arrow key do a screenshot, open menu, or do nothing.
But this problem solved by restart x server.

Return to “Bug Reports”