PuppEX Bookworm64 LXQt

Moderators: exton, Forum moderators

exton

PuppEX Bookworm64 LXQt

Post by exton »

A new version of PuppEX Bookworm64
Today (240924) I've made a new version of PuppEX with LXQt as DE using the Bookworm Build script from 240924. I call my new Bookworm version PuppEX Bookworm64 LXQt. It replaces a PuppEX version from last year with Mate as DE.

My new PuppEX version has a lot of Debian packages preinstalled. The ISO file is therefore BIG (815 MB). Study all installed packages...

Watch a screenshot of the LXQt Desktop for root.

READ MORE...

fredx181

Re: PuppEX Bookworm64 LXQt

Post by fredx181 »

@exton
Thanks ! Just some suggestions though for improvement: (tested ISO: puppex-bookworm64-uefi-lxqt-vbox-815mb-240924.iso)
- Vlc media player doesn't run from menu (as vlc cannot run as root), install run-as-user to fix: apt install run-as-user, equivalent of "run-as-spot", (then vlc will run as user "puppy", goes also for e.g. Chromium if installed)
- pipewire and wireplumber are installed but not configured to run at startup, to fix: apt install pipewire-setup (probably reboot required), or: keep it plain alsa, then you can remove pipewire and wireplumber.
edit: btw, the install list shows that pipewire-setup is installed, but in reality it's not.
- I'd suggest to install also mpv apt install mpv, for to be able to play videos with gtk-youtube-viewer (as is included)
- lots of duplicate firmware taking unnecessary space (installed in 01-filesystem.squashfs and in loaded 99-firmware-bookworm.squashfs)

exton

Post by exton »

fredx181, you are right (of course).

I didn't test my build as much as I should.

I will make a new ISO. Those who have read your suggestions can make the necessary changes themselves.

Thanks!

EDIT A FEW HOURS LATER
I've uploaded a new final ISO now. The ISO size increased from 815 MB to 826 MB with the changes you suggested. Everything works now. I had to keep 99-firmware-bookworm.squashfs in place. Without it no WiFi connections were possible.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Where I could find it several days ago, NOW, I cannot find the path to download the distro.

Where is the link to the ISO?

exton

Post by exton »

Return to “PuppEx”