How to edit source of web page?

Moderator: Forum moderators

boof

How to edit source of web page?

Post by boof »

page is http://www.10play.com.au/live/Bold
required edit is:
from the top, there is a title bar, an address bar, a thick row of rubbish, then the picture. how to temp edit out the rubbish with a toggling hotkey and grow the pic into/out of that space, pls? i'm guessing this is possible/legal, hate the waste of screen taken up by 3rd row. do not want to use fullscreen. thx.

Wiz57

Re: how 2 edit displayed page, edit source?

Post by Wiz57 »

Instead of doing things the hard way, namely editing the source of a web page, which may even be blocked by the website,
just "right click" with mouse/pointer, choose to either open the image in a new tab or save it to your storage media.
Unless you are VERY proficient in JavaScript, editing the source of this page may be impracticle and extremely difficult.
WIz

Signature available upon request

boof

Post by boof »

sorry, i'm in Brave, and r click image does not produce an open in new tab option. thx for idea tho.

Fossil

Post by Fossil »

If you wish, try downloading uBlock Origin extension which has the capacity to block various parts of a website which either obscure text or add loads of useless contextual 'parc'! :x . I haven't tried ithis Brave because it requires allowing Google, to, quote: "It enables chrome.identity for extensions so extensions can retrieve an OAuth token from google to authenticate users. The OAuth token can be used to retrieve personal information like email id, profile. Please note that this is considered a 3rd party login." So that's a big no-no for me! Your choice. If so, go into Brave, Horizontal barred icon, right, upper screen. Settings, Allow Google, etc....! :twisted: :lol:

Flash

Re: How to edit source of web page?

Post by Flash »

I'd be astonished of the author of a web page would allow any random person to edit the page. As far as I know, only Wikipedia does that.

Chaos coordinator :?
boof

Post by boof »

U BLOCK ORIGIN defeats my reason for using brave-to get away from google. so thx, but no. i tried f'fox with r click, no option either.thx, looks like i can't do it.

Keef

Post by Keef »

Fossil was referring to Brave, not uBlock origin, but I'd read the whole thing: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/ ... Extensions

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

boof wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:13 pm

U BLOCK ORIGIN defeats my reason for using brave-to get away from google. so thx, but no. i tried f'fox with r click, no option either.thx, looks like i can't do it.

Um.....y'know, you've lost me. How does using uBlock let Google in? You'll have to explain that one to me, 'cos it's totally the opposite of what little I understand about uBlock.....

?????

Mike. :?

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Fossil

Post by Fossil »

Likewise confused. Firefox too has the ability to accept add-on's that block user defined areas of unwanted page scripting. I use this method myself.
As for 'filling the area' with an image or text, if only temporarily, just use Control (Cnt) and plus (+) to enlarge the page. There are also page magnifier's available which define an area to permit enlarged viewing for those suffering with eye problems. That's about all I can recommend.

boof

Post by boof »

thx, it's obvious i don't understand this. my filters looks like where i need to be, but i don't know what/how to do there. i have restricted it to one page. adjusting image size will cover other wanted icons unless the perimeter is fixed? pls advise.

edit
is there a way of just increasing the y height of the picture, without changing width?

Fossil

Post by Fossil »

my filters looks like where i need to be, but i don't know what/how to do there.

Do you think that installing an add-on such as Ublock will then work automatically for everything without any guidance? Open up Ublock then make sure you haven't "disabled cosmetic filtering" - the eye symbol. When you have an annoying item partly covering the web page, us either mouse or laptop key to right-click , a drop-down menu appears, one of the sections has:" Block Element". Click on this icon, part of the page 'grey's-out', while some will be highlighted in pink. A cross (target style) will appear. Choose the annoying blockage and place the cross over the element and click. If you have chosen correctly, that part will become pink and a pop-up will appear in the lower right-hand side of the screen permitting you to further choose the range of removal. Follow the choices. Go to the website and read up.

adjusting image size will cover other wanted icons unless the perimeter is fixed? pls advise.

"Perimeter is fixed?" I do not understand. Have you actually tried Control +? Yes/No. If not, please do so. Control - (minus) shrinks the page.

If you attempt to increase the screen height without the width, the image will be distorted.

This is all I can offer.

Return to “F96-CE”