Problems getting Easy Diffusion to build SD and finding correct Nvidia GTX drivers

Moderators: dimkr, Forum moderators

Lordsyke

Problems getting Easy Diffusion to build SD and finding correct Nvidia GTX drivers

Post by Lordsyke »

Yeah, When I try to build Stable Diffusion it does this instead,

~$ su -

* Running in PUPMODE 13 (saving changes to RAM)
* Type save2flash whenever you want to save session to pupsave
# /etc/eventmanager has RAMSAVEINTERVAL which you can adjust to your liking

~$ cd /mnt/sda1/easy-diffusion/stable-diffusion
/mnt/sda1/easy-diffusion/stable-diffusion$ ./webui.sh

################################################################
Install script for stable-diffusion + Web UI
Tested on Debian 11 (Bullseye)

ERROR: This script must not be launched as root, aborting...

su - in FossaPup64 is suppose to disable root. it must do something very different in this Dpup, or there's another command I need to use with this. does anybody know.

And two. I need Correct Drivers for my GeForce GTX 1060 3GB gpu and somehow I cannot find them anywhere. for a previous linux, Debian I had to add a special repository. I know where to go to do this does anyone know the correct one to add and what to punch in?

Burunduk

Re: Problems getting Easy Diffusion to build SD and finding correct Nvidia GTX drivers

Post by Burunduk »

Lordsyke wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:35 pm

su - in FossaPup64 is suppose to disable root. it must do something very different in this Dpup, or there's another command I need to use with this.

I've uninstalled dpup already (didn't like its false shell prompt) but I doubt the su - command does something different there. On Fossapup64 it runs a login shell as root. From the manpage: Invoked without a username, su defaults to becoming the superuser.

You could try run-as-spot bash instead, or run-as-spot <your_script>.

Lordsyke

Re: Problems getting Easy Diffusion to build SD and finding correct Nvidia GTX drivers

Post by Lordsyke »

~$ cd /mnt/sda1/easy-diffusion/stable-diffusion
/mnt/sda1/easy-diffusion/stable-diffusion$ run-as-spot webui.sh
/mnt/sda1/easy-diffusion/stable-diffusion$ run-as-spot ./webui.sh

Running on spot user

Clone stable-diffusion-webui
fatal: could not create work tree dir 'stable-diffusion-webui': Permission denied
./webui.sh: line 192: cd: stable-diffusion-webui/: No such file or directory
ERROR: Can't cd to /mnt/sda1/easy-diffusion/stable-diffusion/stable-diffusion-webui/, aborting.../mnt/sda1/easy-diffusion/stable-diffusion$

Lordsyke

Post by Lordsyke »

Running on spot user

Clone stable-diffusion-webui
fatal: could not create work tree dir 'stable-diffusion-webui': Permission denied
./webui.sh: line 192: cd: stable-diffusion-webui/: No such file or directory
ERROR: Can't cd to /mnt/sda1/easy-diffusion/stable-diffusion-webui/stable-diffusion-webui/, aborting.../mnt/sda1/easy-diffusion/stable-diffusion-webui$

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

try
chown spot:spot /mnt/sda1/easy-diffusion/stable-diffusion
before running install again

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@Lordsyke :-

With regard to the "official" drivers for your GTX 1060, in Puppyland we don't usually do the same as mainstream distros, i.e., installing Nvidia drivers from the repos or a 'special' repository......in other words, relying on some official developer to build it for you.

Instead, we build it ourselves.

Usual procedure for most of us is to use Shinobar's getNvidia. You download the appropriate .run file direct from Nvidia's official driver page. You load the devX and kernel-sources SFS packages, move the .run file to an appropriate location - usually, /mnt/home or /initrd/mnt/dev_save, depending on how your Puppy is set up - then run getNvidia, following the various prompts.

Using getNvidia, I've compiled the 340.108 driver for the Quadro GVS-135m mobile Nvidia GPU in my old Dell Latitude. It runs both Fossapup64 and Xenialpup64, and I've built the same driver for both of these. Yes, it's an old driver.....but then, the GVS-135m is an old GPU, and the 340-series driver was the last one that supports it.

bigpup has written a detailed tutorial on exactly how to use getNvidia, here:-

https://forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic.php?t=123

(According to the Nvidia website, the .run file you'll need is this one:- https://www.nvidia.co.uk/download/drive ... 1918/en-uk )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@dimkr , who produces the Debian-based Vanilla DPup series, recommends that with this one, you DO install the Nvidia drivers from the repos. Reason for this is that he releases regular weekly updates, often with newer kernels, and because it uses the official Debian package infrastructure, the DKMS mechanism will automatically rebuild the driver for the current kernel. Remember, GPU drivers have to be compiled so that the kernel module matches the kernel in use at the time.

It might be worth looking at if you're more used to using Synaptic and official repos for everything. And, from the readouts you've given above, a true Debian-based distro might work better for what you want.

Just my two-penn'orth, FWIW.

Mike. Image

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Lordsyke

Post by Lordsyke »

Yes tell me the Repo's to add

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

Lordsyke wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:25 pm

Yes tell me the Repo's to add

@Lordsyke :-

You misunderstand me. I can't tell you which special repos you should add, because I have never installed GPU drivers this way. I wouldn't even know where to begin.....because the getNvidia utility always works for me, and that's what I use.

This is why I suggested you could try Vanilla DPup instead, because this particular Puppy is set-up to work like this, using all the official Debian repositories - including the "special" ones.

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Lordsyke

Post by Lordsyke »

Apt install getNvidia utility

Lordsyke

Post by Lordsyke »

Well, install it.
Download the Nvidia run package, place in /mnt/home
Using SFS-Load-On-The-Fly program.
Load the devx and kernel source sfs packages.
Run Getnvidia.
It will walk you through the process.
Along with installing the driver.
It also gives option to make a pet and or a sfs package of the driver.
The making of a pet and sfs package, are not part of the install. Just added stuff Getnividia can do.

I'm going to have to do this all manually it seems, The option to just add in this repository via the terminal seems to be unknown. So I need the devx and Kernal Sources I bet the Chat knows the links to find these. or maybe I already have them but there greyed up cause path got lost.

Lordsyke

Post by Lordsyke »

Apt install gcc. Will this auto find the correct sfs or devx?

dimkr

Post by dimkr »

Have you tried to install nvidia-driver (apt install nvidia-driver)?

Lordsyke

Post by Lordsyke »

~$ nvidia-driver
nvidia-driver: command not found
~$ apt install nvidia-driver
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
nvidia-driver is already the newest version (525.125.06-1~deb12u1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
~$

Lordsyke

Post by Lordsyke »

Sorry, we could not find a compatible graphics card! Easy Diffusion supports graphics cards with minimum 2 GB of RAM. Only NVIDIA cards are supported on Windows. NVIDIA and AMD cards are supported on Linux.

If you have a compatible graphics card, please try updating to the latest drivers.

Only the CPU can be used for generating images, without a compatible graphics card.

In layman's terms, I need to know just which devx and sfs file I need to install to get the .run file to install

Grey

Post by Grey »

Lordsyke wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:13 am

Easy Diffusion supports graphics cards with minimum 2 GB of RAM.

I tried the program in Arch. Works. It seems video memory really needs 2 gigabytes. But the specified 25 gigabytes of hard disk space is a reinsurance with average data.

In general, it's all pampering and not sporty :) And these paragraphs of the description are not even interesting:

Does not require technical knowledge,
with no tech knowledge.

Only hardcore Pixelorama and handmade :)

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Grey

Post by Grey »

photograph
picture

By the way, an illustrative screenshot (in the guide). You need to give clear instructions, as when talking to a Genie ;)

When a housewife gives an order to Skynet in the future, she needs to be more precise in the wording. "Destroy-annihilate-erase country XXX, not YYY." Otherwise, the neighbors and allies will get it:

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

Return to “Vanilla Dpup”