TLP not working

New to Puppy and have questions? Start here

Moderator: Forum moderators

chopsticks

TLP not working

Post by chopsticks »

In Puppy Package Manager, I installed tlp and ran the "tlp stat" command in the terminal, but received this log. How can I get tlp to work?

Can't locate Tie/Hash/NamedCapture.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Tie::Hash::NamedCapture module) @INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.30.0 /usr/local/share/perl/5.30.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.30 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.30 /usr/share/perl/5.30 /usr/local/lib/site_perl /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base) at /usr/share/tlp/tlp-readconfs line 100.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/tlp/tlp-readconfs line 100.

I am using FossaMid v3 installed on a USB drive on a Macbook Pro 2015.
I am using translation.

Trapster

Re: TLP not working

Post by Trapster »

You may need to have the devx.sfs loaded.

pp4mnklinux

Post by pp4mnklinux »

Just in case: To resolve this issue, it is possible you should install the missing Perl module, to do this action, it is possible you need to use the CPAN (Comprehensive Perl Archive Network) and once CPAN is installed, you can use it to install that, then, it will automatically fetch and install this module and its dependencies.

After the installation is complete, try running your Perl script or the terminal command again. The error "SHOULD NOT" longer occur.

Let us know if it works , plz, CHEERS.

:arrow:

Starting with Easy OS => https://easyos.org/

F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI ==> https://puppyxfcefusilli.wordpress.com/

YouTube_ _ _Channel ==> https://bit.ly/f96ce_xfce_fusilli_HOWTO

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

Some info you need to read about installing software in Puppy Linux.
viewtopic.php?t=1819

:welcome: To Linux software!

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

chopsticks, my apologies if my suggestion to use one of the upgraded builds of Fossa may have mislead you by its brevity. I only mentioned "F-96CE provides newer technology. Fossapup-Mid employs fully tested technology and --depending on what the User chooses to install-- may require less RAM." As its opening post explains Fossapup64-Mid is "a pup with most needed items". It's base system (puppy_fossapup64_9.5.sfs) contains only about half the files included in F96's base system (puppy_fossapup64_9.6.sfs). Despite that difference I am able to run AppImages and portables which ran under the original fossapup64 without having to install additional libraries or very few. However, if you have a desire for many applications for which there are no AppImages or Portables, the 'more fully fleshed out' F96 may be the better alternative.

Although I have now setup Fossapup-Mid so that I can boot into it to help others, my actual preference is a 3rd option I started before ozsouth began publishing his remasters. What I did was to start with the original Fossapup64_9.5, work my way thru the Fossapup User Contributed Packages*, https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 8980#p8980 and later the offerings on ozsouth's several Fossapup Remaster threads, update applications and do my own Remaster.

*If you want to follow that approach, I suggest that you start at the end of the Fossapup User Contributed Packages Thread and work backward. That thread had some updates to updates, and not all packages may still be available. When you complete that, work your way thru the packages offered on the Fossapup-remastered threads as these are even newer.

Return to “Beginners Help”