CUPS keeps to print a pdf in / every time I boot puppy (solved)

Issues and / or general discussion relating to Puppy

Moderator: Forum moderators

Dingo

CUPS keeps to print a pdf in / every time I boot puppy (solved)

Post by Dingo »

CUPS keeps... can seem a word joke, but, really, is is a very annoying thing: I once made a mistake and selected

Code: Select all

/ 

as destination for a pdf file produced by CUPS. Now, every time I boot Puppy I find this pdf file recreated in

Code: Select all

/

. I checked jobs and it is not present as job, I checked page log and I'm unable ti find in this, where shoukd I look? How to stop CUPS re-print this same pdf in / every time I boot?

Last edited by bigpup on Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added solved to show fix was found
Wiz57

Re: CUPS keeps to print a pdf in / every time I boot puppy

Post by Wiz57 »

What you may try to do is to boot without loading the save (file or folder)...then open Rox Filer (or other file manager of choice) and
navigate to where the PDF has been saved. Then move it to your preferred directory. It's also possible that CUPS may have created
a sym-link to the PDF (if stored somewhere else) in which case you can delete the sym-link.
That's my best guess, perhaps someone with more experience with CUPS can help out.
Wiz

Signature available upon request

Dingo

Re: CUPS keeps to print a pdf in / every time I boot puppy

Post by Dingo »

Wiz57 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:46 pm

What you may try to do is to boot without loading the save (file or folder)...then open Rox Filer (or other file manager of choice) and
navigate to where the PDF has been saved. Then move it to your preferred directory. It's also possible that CUPS may have created
a sym-link to the PDF (if stored somewhere else) in which case you can delete the sym-link.
That's my best guess, perhaps someone with more experience with CUPS can help out.
Wiz

Perfect! I solved issue booting with pfix=ram parameter, mounted the savefile, deleted the pdf file into /.

Return to “Users”