Imobiledevice6: how to extract images from iPhone with? Solved

Moderators: kirk, jamesbond, p310don, JakeSFR, step, Forum moderators

superchook

Imobiledevice6: how to extract images from iPhone with? Solved

Post by superchook »

Has anyone running Fatdog64-814 or Fatdog64-900 any experience using imobiledevice6 to extract images from an iphone?
cheers,
Ken

Last edited by superchook on Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clarity

Re: imobiledevice6

Post by Clarity »

I DO NOT connect my cell phones via a USB cable.

I use phone apps that connect to my LAN PC via a client that knows how to use SMB technology, wirelessly over the same LAN subnet. Almost EVERY forum distro provides SAMBA and EVERY cell phone can get their apps that KNOWS how to send/recieve files to a forum distro, wirelessly (or via USB wire, if you choose). There are a ton of cell-phone apps that do this with a SAMBA, Microsoft, or Apple PC on a LAN.

If the PC and the phone is on the same subnet, they can see each other and transfer information to/from the phone via user's control. This does NOT require installation of software tools on any forum distro.

Further, there are several cell-phone apps that will make the phone a SMB server on your LAN where your LAN PCs can client into your phone to transfer anything YOU make availabel for transfer.

Personally, I have NEVER found a need/value to use a USB wire to move info from my phones/tablets to an forum PC. I do so wirelessly using phone client apps. Cell phones are built to be 'efficient and effective wireless beings'.

@superchook, would something like this meet your need.

step

Re: imobiledevice6

Post by step »

superchook wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:07 am

Has anyone running Fatdog64-814 or Fatdog64-900 any experience using imobiledevice6 to extract images from an iphone?
cheers,
Ken

You could try this https://forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic.php?t=8359. It was developed for Fatdog-813, and I expect it to work for 814. Nothing done for Fatdog64-900.

superchook

Re: Imobiledevice6: how to extract images from iPhone with?

Post by superchook »

Thank you both. (Clarity and Step) We have outflanked the problem for now but I will not be able to get back to it four about a month. I will post again with what I finally did then.
In the meantime I will mark the thread "Solved"
cheers,
Ken

fatdoguser

Re: Imobiledevice6: how to extract images from iPhone with? Solved

Post by fatdoguser »

For single images/files if you use a online email service is to simply 'share' a image on the phone and email it to yourself. On mine sharing to a email is just a few keys, selecting the file and 'share', email, first few letters of email address identifies my own email address, select that and 'send'. I then use the laptop to access that online email account and download the image. More usually however as I tend to have phone tethered to the laptop for internet access I also have sshfs set up (I also tend to vnc into a gui server, so a three way sshfs setup, where files can be dragged/dropped using rox even though its moving between android, linux, other filesystems).

Flash

Re: Imobiledevice6: how to extract images from iPhone with? Solved

Post by Flash »

Be aware that sharing via email will use up your data allotment. By that I mean both your iPhone data (unless of course you get unlimited data) AND your ISP's data allotment.

Chaos coordinator :?

Return to “FatDog”