KLV-Awesome-RT iso ready for testing

Moderator: Forum moderators

geo_c

Re: KLV-Awesome-RT iso ready for testing

Post by geo_c »

Just booting the latest KLV-Awesome-RT, and it's certainly awesome! I'm posting from it right now.

This is getting to be a tough choice with you guys working on Spectr now.

Which one to boot?

I basically cycle through the systems throughout the day, KLV-Airedale-SR2, KLV-Airedale-RT, KLV-Bspwm-RC5, KLV-Spectr-RT, and now KLV-Awesome.

They are all clean and fast. Awesome looks really nice. I'm jazzed by all of them. Looking forward to Spectr because it's so super lean on resources.

geo_c
Old School Hipster, and Such

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

This morning I personalized my install of KLV-Awesome-RT v1.3.

It's amazing how quickly I can get a full KLV system up and running, just one xbps-install command to install a bunch of apps, and I run a script to link and copy a bunch of configs, plugins and such, and bam there it is.

All seems to be working GREAT, even cups discovered my printer automatically, though I chose to set it up with the hplip option, since the socket method has security vulnerabilities. Pulseaudio sound is working well, I have Ardour DAW in full swing.

There is one issue in Awesome to report. Thunar and PCmanFM don't see removeable media, and Thunar reports that gvfs is unavailable.

I checked and gvfs is installed, so it must be permissions or links or something else.

I can mount removeable media using my mount scripts in Xfe just fine, which is what I normally do anyway.

So far that's the only issue I see with this OS, which is very nice looking and super fast and snappy. Seems about as fast as Spectr, but appears to use a tad bit more RAM.

Last edited by geo_c on Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geo_c

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

geo_c wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:21 pm

This morning I personalized my install of KLV-Awesome-RT v1.3.

It's amazing how quickly I can get a full KLV system up and running, just one xbps-install command to install a bunch of apps, and I run a script to link and copy a bunch of configs, plugins and such, and bam there it its.

All seems to be working GREAT, even cups discovered my printer automatically, though I chose to set it up with the hplip option, since the socket method has security vulnerabilities. Pulseaudio sound is working well, I have Ardour DAW in full swing.

There is one issue in Awesome to report. Thunar and PCmanFM don't see removeable media, and Thunar reports that gvfs is unavailable.

I checked and gvfs is installed, so it must be permissions or links or something else.

I can mount removeable media using my mount scripts in Xfe just fine, which is what I normally do anyway.

So far that's the only issue I see with this OS, which is very nice looking and super fast and snappy. Seems about as fast as Spectr, but appears to use a tad bit more RAM.

It’s strange, of course, that it doesn’t see your disks, everything is present in the build plugin (checked). Try installing manually “pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0.x86_64.xbps”

https://gitlab.com/sofija.p2018/kla-ot2 ... 86_64.xbps

Vanilla Dpup 9.2.X - KLV-Airedale - KLA-OT2
PUPPY LINUX Simple fast free

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

Sofiya wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:49 pm

Try installing manually “pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0.x86_64.xbps”

Well I just don't get this rindex thing very well. I put the package in /var/cache/xbps and indexed with the commands below, but it's not being found. What am I missing?

Code: Select all

~ # xbps-rindex -a /var/cache/xbps/pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0.x86_64.xbps                              root@void-live
index: skipping `pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0' (x86_64), already registered.
index: 1 packages registered.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ # xbps-rindex -af /var/cache/xbps/pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0.x86_64.xbps                             root@void-live
index: added `pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0' (x86_64).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ # xbps-install pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0.x86_64.xbps                                                root@void-live
Package 'pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0.x86_64.xbps' not found in repository pool.
~ # xbps-install pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0.x86_64                                                 2 ↵ root@void-live
Package 'pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0.x86_64' not found in repository pool.
~ # xbps-install pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0                                                        2 ↵ root@void-live
Package 'pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0' not found in repository pool.

EDIT I went ahead and used Octo-Xbps instead of doing it from the terminal, and it seems to have worked. So now I'll test and see about mounting removeable media from PCmanFM and Thunar....

Yep, removable media is all good now! Working fine!

But I'd still like to figure out how to do it from the terminal.

geo_c

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

geo_c wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:44 am
Sofiya wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:49 pm

Try installing manually “pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0.x86_64.xbps”

Well I just don't get this rindex thing very well. I put the package in /var/cache/xbps and indexed with the commands below, but it's not being found. What am I missing?

~ # xbps-rindex -a /var/cache/xbps/pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0.x86_64.xbps                              root@void-live
index: skipping `pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0' (x86_64), already registered.
~ # xbps-rindex -af /var/cache/xbps/pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0.x86_64.xbps                             root@void-live
index: added `pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0' (x86_64).
~ # xbps-install pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0.x86_64.xbps                                                root@void-live
Package 'pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0.x86_64.xbps' not found in repository pool.
~ # xbps-install pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0.x86_64                                                 2 ↵ root@void-live
Package 'pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0.x86_64' not found in repository pool.
~ # xbps-install pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0                                                        2 ↵ root@void-live
Package 'pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0' not found in repository pool.

EDIT I went ahead and used Octo-Xbps instead of doing it from the terminal, and it seems to have worked. So now I'll test and see about mounting removeable media from PCmanFM and Thunar....

Yep, removable media is all good now! Working fine!

But I'd still like to figure out how to do it from the terminal.

I really can’t understand why this package was not installed for YOU during assembly. I assembled a new system, everything came together perfectly and everything works
-----------------------------
for Thunar the package xbps-install -Su thunar-volman is missing

Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (348.32 KiB) Viewed 503 times

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

Sofiya wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:32 am

I really can’t understand why this package was not installed for YOU during assembly. I assembled a new system, everything came together perfectly and everything works

Well I didn't use a build script for this one, I used the CE1.3 iso. The rootfs is named: 07klv_AwesomeCE-1.3.sfs

Maybe you posted an edit to the build script after the iso was put together?

I was able to mount removable media from Thunar after installing pup-volume-monitor. Should I still add thunar-volman?

geo_c

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

geo_c wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:16 am
Sofiya wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:32 am

Well I didn't use a build script for this one, I used the CE1.3 iso. The rootfs is named: 07klv_AwesomeCE-1.3.sfs

Maybe you posted an edit to the build script after the iso was put together?

I was able to mount removable media from Thunar after installing pup-volume-monitor. Should I still add thunar-volman?

Not necessary, but it is advisable to install it as these are settings for Thunar
---------------------------------------------------------
if you tried to install the package from the terminal, judging by what I see above, then you need to do it like this

open terminal in "/root/Downloads/"

cd Downloads/ 
xbps-rindex -a *.xbps 
xbps-install -y --repository=/root/Downloads/ pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0 

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

Sofiya wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:44 am

Not necessary, but it is advisable to install it as these are settings for Thunar
---------------------------------------------------------
if you tried to install the package from the terminal, judging by what I see above, then you need to do it like this

open terminal in "/root/Downloads/"

cd Downloads/ 
xbps-rindex -a *.xbps 
xbps-install -y --repository=/root/Downloads/ pup-volume-monitor-1.15_0 

Ah thanks! That's helpful. I didn't catch that --repository= switch in the help or wiki.

geo_c

Sofiya

Post by Sofiya »

;)

Attachments
maxresdefault_live.jpg
maxresdefault_live.jpg (153.65 KiB) Viewed 189 times

Return to “KL-Dev_Work”