Midori Browser with Gecko

Moderator: Forum moderators

josejp2424

Midori Browser with Gecko

Post by josejp2424 »

Midori Browser con Gecko
Midori Browser in this major update brings by default the AstianGO search engine, ensuring total privacy in searches and web browsing, but it also has other search engines and the user can change them intuitively.

The base is firefox, so you can use firefox sync.

For now the language is in English, they are working to have it in several languages.

Download Midori

https://github.com/goastian/midori-desktop/releases

Last edited by josejp2424 on Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
josejp2424

Midori Browser theme

Post by josejp2424 »

josejp2424

Re: Midori Browser with Gecko

Post by josejp2424 »

new version , midori 10.0.4 .
link first post.

https://astian.org/midori-en/midori-pup ... ach-other/

josejp2424

Midori Browser 10.1.0

Post by josejp2424 »

Midori Browser 10.1.0 Beta for Linux

https://astian.org/midori-en/announcing ... for-linux/

step

Post by step »

@josejp2424, please do you know who is behind Astian the organization supporting this Midori?

josejp2424

Post by josejp2424 »

step wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:38 am

@josejp2424, please do you know who is behind Astian the organization supporting this Midori?

if I know a ceo

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

josejp2424 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:10 pm

if I know a ceo

Not sure what you mean josejp, by "ceo".
Btw, last time I checked Midori (few months ago) it was based on Chromium (I think), I wonder what's happening :?:

josejp2424

Post by josejp2424 »

fredx181 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:41 pm

if I know a ceo

Btw, last time I checked Midori (few months ago) it was based on Chromium (I think), I wonder what's happening :?:

I know it was in chromium, but there was a branch in firefox, and they decided to go with firefox.

and if I know a founding member of astian

ponchale

Post by ponchale »

hello my friend @step, a pleasure Alfonso, @josejp24 yes we know each other and the story goes back to 2019 when Christian Dywan, the creator of Midori, decided to merge the project with Astian, in version 9 of Midori you will find the credit to Astian Foundation and the link to our website https://astian.org, we are not a Big Tech, don't worry, we do not sell data or spy on users, the values and pillars of Midori have always been maintained and will always be kept light, free, secure and private.

Attachments
Midori 9
Midori 9
Captura de pantalla_2023-10-13_09-19-54.png (58.68 KiB) Viewed 13754 times
ponchale

Post by ponchale »

if I know a ceo

@fredx181 friend, yes a few months ago Midori was using Electron as a base, but we sat down to think, and being objective should we continue like this? Is another browser using Chromium suitable for the market? With everything that is happening to the web and Google's domain, is it good? Seeing that these questions did not provide encouraging answers, we decided to migrate quickly and accelerated to Gecko, thus achieving a much better life cycle, improved updates and supporting the free and open web.

What's going on? that we were restructuring Midori to guarantee the stable continuity of the project, sorry name present a pleasure Alfonso.

There are very active Puppy users interested in Midori @nilsonmorales @josejp24 both collaborating and we have generated the package for puppy of course, and it would be excellent if between Puppy and Astian we managed to collaborate.

step

Post by step »

Hello @ponchale, thank you. Is your source code publicly available as an open source project?

ponchale

Post by ponchale »

step wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:19 pm

Hello @ponchale, thank you. Is your source code publicly available as an open source project?

Yes, of course, the code will always be free and public, although at the moment we are migrating the repo, of course, which is public and open. It always will be, in fact everything Astian does is completely public.

josejp2424

Post by josejp2424 »

ponchale wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:50 pm

if I know a ceo

@fredx181 friend, yes a few months ago Midori was using Electron as a base, but we sat down to think, and being objective should we continue like this? Is another browser using Chromium suitable for the market? With everything that is happening to the web and Google's domain, is it good? Seeing that these questions did not provide encouraging answers, we decided to migrate quickly and accelerated to Gecko, thus achieving a much better life cycle, improved updates and supporting the free and open web.

What's going on? that we were restructuring Midori to guarantee the stable continuity of the project, sorry name present a pleasure Alfonso.

There are very active Puppy users interested in Midori @nilsonmorales @josejp24 both collaborating and we have generated the package for puppy of course, and it would be excellent if between Puppy and Astian we managed to collaborate.

friend @ponchale appeared :thumbup:

step

Post by step »

ponchale wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:45 pm

[...] Is your source code publicly available as an open source project?

Yes, of course, the code will always be free and public, although at the moment we are migrating the repo, of course, which is public and open. It always will be, in fact everything Astian does is completely public.

[...] last time I checked Midori (few months ago) it was based on Chromium (I think), I wonder what's happening :?:

[...] yes a few months ago Midori was using Electron as a base, but [...] we decided to migrate quickly and accelerated to Gecko, thus achieving a much better life cycle, improved updates and supporting the free and open web.
[...] we were restructuring Midori to guarantee the stable continuity of the project, [??]sorry name present a pleasure Alfonso.

@ponchale, I can't speak for Puppy Linux but I know that some distributions in this forum strive to be fully reproducible builds, which means that access to public source code is a requirement.

dimkr

Post by dimkr »

ponchale wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:21 pm

don't worry

Isn't Midori a rebuild of Firefox with extensions and different branding? Or, is it a fork of an old Firefox version, like Pale Moon?

I want a full-featured browser with security updates, so I find it easier to trust Mozilla and just use Firefox, because they're a big organization capable of maintaining a big software project like a browser. With ad/tracker blockers and some configuration changes, Firefox is already much lighter than Chromium and derivatives, so I'm trying to understand if Midori has a unique value proposition, enough to convince me to use it in my distro.

ponchale

Post by ponchale »

step wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:49 am
ponchale wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:45 pm

[...] Is your source code publicly available as an open source project?

[...] last time I checked Midori (few months ago) it was based on Chromium (I think), I wonder what's happening :?:

[...] yes a few months ago Midori was using Electron as a base, but [...] we decided to migrate quickly and accelerated to Gecko, thus achieving a much better life cycle, improved updates and supporting the free and open web.
[...] we were restructuring Midori to guarantee the stable continuity of the project, [??]sorry name present a pleasure Alfonso.

@ponchale, I can't speak for Puppy Linux but I know that some distributions in this forum strive to be fully reproducible builds, which means that access to public source code is a requirement.

We have returned to Github to perform all the automation of the construction processes, this is the repository

https://github.com/goastian/midori-desktop

We will also be developing Midori for Android using Gecko

ponchale

Post by ponchale »

dimkr wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:53 pm
ponchale wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:21 pm

don't worry

Isn't Midori a rebuild of Firefox with extensions and different branding? Or, is it a fork of an old Firefox version, like Pale Moon?

I want a full-featured browser with security updates, so I find it easier to trust Mozilla and just use Firefox, because they're a big organization capable of maintaining a big software project like a browser. With ad/tracker blockers and some configuration changes, Firefox is already much lighter than Chromium and derivatives, so I'm trying to understand if Midori has a unique value proposition, enough to convince me to use it in my distro.

Hello DIMKR, of course, I can tell you, well look at Midori's proposal is to create a light browser that allows you to be in the largest possible number of equipment without affecting the performance and we are achieving Midori is currently even lighter than Firefox and reaches Librewolf, we do not see other browsers as competition and much less those who use GECKO base.

But that is not only our priority also to offer privacy to all users, and tools that allow the guarantee of the privacy of users on the web, so the plan is already being developed our own VPN service, and other services that turn around Midori and be complementary.

Midori's life cycle for a long time was not inactive, almost dead but we were always listening to the community, seeing that they wanted and developing, but with this renewal and restructuring we have sitting the foundations for the growth of the project and for support of it.

dimkr

Post by dimkr »

@ponchale

Do you pull security fixes from Mozilla or handle security issues yourself?

Is this a fork of Gecko or a new browser built on top of Gecko as-is?

Do you have a security tracker that lists CVEs that affect Midori and the status of each (fixed or not + list of affected versions)?

Do you have a public roadmap?

ponchale

Post by ponchale »

dimkr wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:38 pm

@ponchale

Do you pull security fixes from Mozilla or handle security issues yourself?

Is this a fork of Gecko or a new browser built on top of Gecko as-is?

Do you have a security tracker that lists CVEs that affect Midori and the status of each (fixed or not + list of affected versions)?

Do you have a public roadmap?

1) Midori includes security patches from Mozilla and its own.

2) Midori is currently built on Gecko.

3) Thanks to the Github bot, we do have a list of security points for obvious reasons. At the moment it is privately managed, but we will continue to release it.

4) we are organizing the roadmap.

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

@ponchale Looks great, I've always liked the midori concept (not always good though ;) ), wish you good luck with the development !

ponchale

Post by ponchale »

fredx181 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:23 pm

@ponchale Looks great, I've always liked the midori concept (not always good though ;) ), wish you good luck with the development !

Thank you friend ;) ;) ;) :D :D

pp4mnklinux

Post by pp4mnklinux »

deleted

Last edited by pp4mnklinux on Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
jamesbond

Post by jamesbond »

Wow ... just wow.

Are you having reading comprehension problem or what?

I have no relation with midori, or with ponchale, or astian, but this kind of disrespectful response is really uncalled for.

pp4mnklinux wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:56 am

Astian is a bussiness

And what's wrong with that?

They bought MIDORI

Bussiness, .org , VPN... since Astian Foundation brought Midori, the future of Midori broswer didn't look bright.

Care to explain why? I would say that midori has a company backing makes its future brighter.

It looks as it ASTIAN midori has nothing of the original midori, they made a fork of it using Electron (now @ponchale said They moved to Gecko, and he said our privacy is the first, and... ) .

And they cannot change their mind from moving to electron to gecko, why?

Take a look at the attached image. Wexond vs New "midori"

Wexond is wexond. Wexond is not midori, so why do you compare wexond to the "new midori"? Why do you think wexond is the more "correct" successor of midori? Even though the original midori developer decided to merge his work with astian?

How can other people's opinion of midori is more worthwhile than the original founder's opinion?

(of course now they are asking for "favours" (@nilsonmorales) to change the presentation to a different look,

And what's wrong with that (if that's true? nilsonmorales was and is not the developer of midori, as far as I'm aware).

but as I said, it is "a fork"

If, as you said yourself, that astian "bought" midori, how can it be considered as a fork?
The new owner is the one who owns the original code, right? And the owner is free to change how they develop the software in anyway they want, no? If anything, it's every other people's work on midori are the fork.

So what? Did you even notice the last commit date on the link you gave? It was in 2019. The midori browser is dead. Astian resurrected it. It is still open source. We have a new midori browser now. It is really so bad for you?

Now I see it's really just a name for a browser that is very different from it's original conception having changed from the webkitgtk engine to Electron (now they said they are using Gecko... believe or not as about privacy of users) (with all that it implies => Search the web 😉)

So there is a requirement that midori has to use webkitgtk in order to be called "midori"? Says who?

PD @ponchale how many time have you been working with linux? And with puppy linux?
(I ask this because you joined us two days ago , 13 Oct 2023 ...)
Are you trying to "sell us" "the new midori"?

This is the most disrepectful part of the all.

ponchale is a friend of josejp24. ponchale also works for astian.
The two of them has been working together to get midori off the ground again (after being dead since 2019), to make it available for people, including puppy linux.

He's not a puppy linux user or developer, but he joins the forum specifically so that he can answer any questions directly, rather than having josejp24 being a middle man.

Though I have no relations with any of this, I know this because this is all explained in 6 to 7 post prior.

Instead of being grateful that he's around to answer questions, you question his motive? Blaming that he joins the forum only to "sell" midori? What do you think he gets by "selling" midori to puppy linux users?

Is it possible you forgot to tell us that you work for ASTIAN.INC?

Wow, what a BIG, BIG reveal!!!

This is a joke, right. Everyone with enough brain cells knows that ponchale is a staff of astian, it can be deduced from the context of the discussion.

????

@PONCHALE: => ...we decided to migrate quickly and accelerated...

:P

Again, what's wrong? Companies aren't allowed to change their strategy?

More info.... take a look at its linkedin page.... https://www.linkedin.com/posts/astian_p ... 2384-zlCr/

Yes, I read that. Can you tell us where exactly are the offending statements in that link??? What are so bad that is written on that page?

OF COURSE, this is my personal oppinion, I don't really mind if you choose to use it or not.- IT's your personal choice and everybody is free to decide what to install or not, but do it knowing what you gonna do.-

Hiding behind the words of "personal opinion" does not justify attack and disrepect to people, especially who are also trying to keep open-source alive; people who take their time to join the forum to clarify the situation and answer any questions.

You know, astian can just choose to use closed-source browser, and for them it wouldn't make any difference. But they choose to open source it, so that if you don't trust what they say, you can look at the source themselves; and even modify and build it for yourself. I would consider that as a good thing, as a good will from their side.

----------

Not a single thing that you said, says why the new midori is bad; other than: "it looks different, and the development work is done by a company, therefore is must be baaaaaaad."
That opinion is still okay in itself, but the to disrespect astian's staff who voluntarily joins the forum to answer questions by exposing "OMG he works for astian" is just beyond ridiculous.

Disclaimer: josejp24 is a long-time member of Puppy Linux forum, definitely much longer than you. In the past he has produced one of the best looking puppies. His puppy releases were works of art. I only have respects for him. He is a very meticulous person as you can see from his work, and if he decides to work with astian, I'm sure he has considered it very thoroughly.

You don't have agree with josejp24 or even his friend ponchale, but you don't get to disrespect people who sincerely come here to explain things. It will reflect badly on you.

pp4mnklinux

Post by pp4mnklinux »

deleted

Last edited by pp4mnklinux on Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ponchale

Post by ponchale »

jamesbond wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:06 am

Wow ... just wow.

Are you having reading comprehension problem or what?

I have no relation with midori, or with ponchale, or astian, but this kind of disrespectful response is really uncalled for.

pp4mnklinux wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:56 am

Astian is a bussiness

They bought MIDORI

Bussiness, .org , VPN... since Astian Foundation brought Midori, the future of Midori broswer didn't look bright.

Care to explain why? I would say that midori has a company backing makes its future brighter.

It looks as it ASTIAN midori has nothing of the original midori, they made a fork of it using Electron (now @ponchale said They moved to Gecko, and he said our privacy is the first, and... ) .

And they cannot change their mind from moving to electron to gecko, why?

Take a look at the attached image. Wexond vs New "midori"

Wexond is wexond. Wexond is not midori, so why do you compare wexond to the "new midori"? Why do you think wexond is the more "correct" successor of midori? Even though the original midori developer decided to merge his work with astian?

How can other people's opinion of midori is more worthwhile than the original founder's opinion?

(of course now they are asking for "favours" (@nilsonmorales) to change the presentation to a different look,

And what's wrong with that (if that's true? nilsonmorales was and is not the developer of midori, as far as I'm aware).

but as I said, it is "a fork"

If, as you said yourself, that astian "bought" midori, how can it be considered as a fork?
The new owner is the one who owns the original code, right? And the owner is free to change how they develop the software in anyway they want, no? If anything, it's every other people's work on midori are the fork.

So what? Did you even notice the last commit date on the link you gave? It was in 2019. The midori browser is dead. Astian resurrected it. It is still open source. We have a new midori browser now. It is really so bad for you?

Now I see it's really just a name for a browser that is very different from it's original conception having changed from the webkitgtk engine to Electron (now they said they are using Gecko... believe or not as about privacy of users) (with all that it implies => Search the web 😉)

So there is a requirement that midori has to use webkitgtk in order to be called "midori"? Says who?

PD @ponchale how many time have you been working with linux? And with puppy linux?
(I ask this because you joined us two days ago , 13 Oct 2023 ...)
Are you trying to "sell us" "the new midori"?

This is the most disrepectful part of the all.

ponchale is a friend of josejp24. ponchale also works for astian.
The two of them has been working together to get midori off the ground again (after being dead since 2019), to make it available for people, including puppy linux.

He's not a puppy linux user or developer, but he joins the forum specifically so that he can answer any questions directly, rather than having josejp24 being a middle man.

Though I have no relations with any of this, I know this because this is all explained in 6 to 7 post prior.

Instead of being grateful that he's around to answer questions, you question his motive? Blaming that he joins the forum only to "sell" midori? What do you think he gets by "selling" midori to puppy linux users?

Is it possible you forgot to tell us that you work for ASTIAN.INC?

Wow, what a BIG, BIG reveal!!!

This is a joke, right. Everyone with enough brain cells knows that ponchale is a staff of astian, it can be deduced from the context of the discussion.

????

@PONCHALE: => ...we decided to migrate quickly and accelerated...

:P

Again, what's wrong? Companies aren't allowed to change their strategy?

More info.... take a look at its linkedin page.... https://www.linkedin.com/posts/astian_p ... 2384-zlCr/

Yes, I read that. Can you tell us where exactly are the offending statements in that link??? What are so bad that is written on that page?

OF COURSE, this is my personal oppinion, I don't really mind if you choose to use it or not.- IT's your personal choice and everybody is free to decide what to install or not, but do it knowing what you gonna do.-

Hiding behind the words of "personal opinion" does not justify attack and disrepect to people, especially who are also trying to keep open-source alive; people who take their time to join the forum to clarify the situation and answer any questions.

You know, astian can just choose to use closed-source browser, and for them it wouldn't make any difference. But they choose to open source it, so that if you don't trust what they say, you can look at the source themselves; and even modify and build it for yourself. I would consider that as a good thing, as a good will from their side.

----------

Not a single thing that you said, says why the new midori is bad; other than: "it looks different, and the development work is done by a company, therefore is must be baaaaaaad."
That opinion is still okay in itself, but the to disrespect astian's staff who voluntarily joins the forum to answer questions by exposing "OMG he works for astian" is just beyond ridiculous.

Disclaimer: josejp24 is a long-time member of Puppy Linux forum, definitely much longer than you. In the past he has produced one of the best looking puppies. His puppy releases were works of art. I only have respects for him. He is a very meticulous person as you can see from his work, and if he decides to work with astian, I'm sure he has considered it very thoroughly.

You don't have agree with josejp24 or even his friend ponchale, but you don't get to disrespect people who sincerely come here to explain things. It will reflect badly on you.

Thank you jamesbond for your sincere and objective opinion, for all users Midori is coming back to life thanks to the community of both Spanish and English, to be an alternative and not to be another chromium browser github.com/goastian/midori-desktop we share Again the new repo in Github we migrated to Github to have all the DevOps and the entire construction and update process.

It will be a difficult complicated process, like all software development, but I hope that thanks to users and distros like Puppy Linux we will continue to deploy solutions and integrations.

Our commitment is to work by and for open source with maximum privacy, without selling the information or performing unnecessary profiling or tracking.

As I usually say in Astian and Midori, you are not the product.

ponchale

Post by ponchale »

pp4mnklinux wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:12 pm

viewtopic.php?p=101119#p101119

@jamesbond Thanks again.

Plz, consider I am not the only one who think this way,.
ORIGINAL POST.- https://www.muylinux.com/2022/11/25/que ... on-midori/

Translation.-

OPINION What happened to Midori?

By J.Pomeyrol Published November 25, 2022 (and J.Pomeyrol is not a newbie.... do u?)

Midori
Imagine that you meet that someone you met a few years ago, with whom you were never much or had a great affinity, but who was not a bad guy, average, not very remarkable, but kind... And you run into him again, but he is a shame, looking like he doesn't lead a healthy life and trying to sell you some story of dubious usefulness, given his origin. Well, that's what I felt when I saw what Midori has become.

Midori, yes, the once most prominent lightweight web browser on the Linux and free software scene . That is, ignoring Firefox, Chromium and derivatives. Midori never played in the same league, far from it. But it reached a high level for what it was, not only positioning itself as a reference application, but also positioning itself as the default web browser for distributions like elementary OS. It has rained a lot since then, needless to say, and as shown in the last entry we dedicated to it here at MuyLinux, almost a decade ago.

I honestly thought that Midori was still there, with slow development, given the small size of the project and the meager margin that the big browsers leave for alternatives of this type...; but not. Apparently, a few years ago the Midori was purchased by a company called Astian that doesn't seem to live up to anything they preach, after taking a quick look at them. Seriously: I'll be happy if someone corrects me, because what a joke.

This, in fact, did not have to be an opinion, but rather news: that of the launch of AstianGO, Midori's own search engine . An open source resource that respects user privacy, according to the company , which will be implemented as the default search engine in Midori, but that anyone can now use through the domain astiango.com... which I am not going to link, because I do not recommend using. But, I repeat, if someone corrects me, I will be happy.

What's this all about? Because, once I saw the search engine, he decided to take a look at Midori, to see how she was doing and what I found I liked less than anything. First of all, the most recent versions that I have found of Midori in the repositories of my distros, but also in Flathub (note that here is the new one) or the Snap Store, date from 2019. However, entering the page Astian had more recent versions, the last one from August of this year.

midori
Who doesn't remember good old (old) Midori?

I'm looking for some information about it and I come across this other thread from 2021 on Reddit where the latest events around Midori are summarized and everything looks dark brown. According to some users there, the new owners of Midori recreated the browser using Electron, when you open it it redirects to payment sites... Only with Electron it was already a resounding no, but the rest is even worse for the reputation of the project.

Anyway, I'm heading to the Astian site to download Midori and check everything out for myself, but with the picture painted, I do it in a virtual machine to avoid installing garbage on my production system. And, look what a coincidence, I use Firefox without ad blockers or anything... And what an adventure just to get to the Midori download page. Invasive and misleading advertising in every click . A horror worthy of the worst sites, let alone for a company that offers open source products that are supposedly respectful of privacy.

I give up, install uBlock Origin in Firefox and try again, only to realize that the Midori download is well hidden, so much so that it seems to be done on purpose so that you can't find it. I understand that there is a need to advertise, how can I not understand it, but this site is another level. And what is just as bad: without advertising, browsing the site is still a torment.

But I realize something that really bothers me: Astian is a service company, apparently. In addition to Midori and its new search engine, they offer a cloud file storage service, similar to Dropbox. And it is very rare that a company that wants to sell you something overwhelms you with so many ads that it doesn't even let you navigate the page. But there is something even worse.

Depending on the browser you use and its configuration , there are links that work or don't work. For example, with Firefox I don't like downloading AppImage and Deb, the only installers for Linux. With Chrome and uBlock, the Astian Cloud pages appear inaccessible, the same with the Midori page for mobile phones (it has versions for Android and iOS), but if I remove it I can enter.

SO, @jamesbond and @ally , @fredx181 , @mikewalsh @Clarity @josejp2424 ... it could be time to start listening other people.

Hello my dear friend, of course verylinux wrote about us about a year ago, a note to tell the truth leaves a lot to be desired, because we have always published our sources, always, everything has always been available.

I don't understand from your point of view what we are doing wrong, Midori has always been and always will be open, we have decided to launch what I call "satellite services" a search engine, a file hosting service, all free and open without tracking, I don't understand what's wrong Brave has done the same thing and the search engine is closed, we work with projects like https://blog.blissroms.org/2021-03-05-bliss-astian/ contributing and developing alternative services, all free and with the maximum respect for the privacy of users, I do not understand what is wrong that we are doing in your opinion, tell me, I would love to talk to you and resolve all your doubts and questions.

Labrona

Post by Labrona »

Midori browser upgraded to 11.0 and now comes with a .pet file for Puppy. The downloaded .pet is 79M.
My daily OS being EasyOS Kirkstone64, i can tell you Midori.pet works as intended by the developer.

pp4mnklinux

Post by pp4mnklinux »

deleted

Last edited by pp4mnklinux on Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
ponchale

Post by ponchale »

pp4mnklinux wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:31 am

if I know a ceo

Hi, @fredx181 I think I can translate what josejp wanna say when using this expression.

There are two errors:

1.- He used a translator
2.- Latinos usually confuse sound S with sound C

----------

He want to say: Si, conozco a un SEO (Search Engine Optimizer)

He used Google translate (or similar) => "SI CONOZCO A UN CEO" and the translation was.... "If I know a CEO"

Correct me if I'm wrong, PLS

Dear friend, thank you for your words, it is always good to receive flowers and even more so when your origins stand out.

I am proudly Latino, and I am proud of what we are doing, of Latin America for the world.

A hug.

PS: Apparently you are suggesting that we are illiterate and uneducated and for your information, we will continue to be illiterate and will continue to confuse all the letters.

HerrBert

Post by HerrBert »

Downloaded midori-11.0.0_amd64.pet and turned its opt/ directory into a sfs.
Aside from some minor errors when started from terminal (see below) it seems to work very well.

Installing german language changes appearance/branding to firefox and only partly translates dialogs, so ATM it is not recommended to switch gui to another language, i guess...

Errors may or may not be related to a customized s15pup64_22.12+3

Code: Select all

Crash Annotation GraphicsCriticalError: |[0][GFX1-]: vaapitest: ERROR (t=0.460351) [GFX1-]: vaapitest: ERROR
Crash Annotation GraphicsCriticalError: |[0][GFX1-]: vaapitest: ERROR (t=0.460351) |[1][GFX1-]: vaapitest: VA-API test failed: libva-drm.so.2 is missing.
 (t=0.460406) [GFX1-]: vaapitest: VA-API test failed: libva-drm.so.2 is missing.

console.error: ({})
console.error: "Workspace button not found"

Thank you for a Puppy_ready "click_and_run" browser alternative...

Return to “Browsers and Internet”