Moderators: kirk, jamesbond, p310don, JakeSFR, step, Forum moderators

Duprate

Clamav® 1.1.0-1 for FatDog64

Post by Duprate »

Clamav® 1.1.0-1 for FatDog64 900, can be downloaded from here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... z3zQq_m0oJ
To download this file, best using Google Chrome

Instructions:

Made for overlayfs and AUFS systems. Place ROXapps (Clamav-FatDog64) in a location of your choice outside the system (sda1, sda2, etc.). If the location is another partition than sda1, you will need to edit the AppRun and options.conf files to point to the correct application path. To open the file, right-click and choose "Look inside", but you already knew that....
To use it, activate the partition where the anti-virus is located and click on "Clamav-FatDog64".... It installs itself temporarily on the system via symbolic links. In the first use, click on "Data Update" to update the database that will occupy space inside the directory "/Clamav-FatDog64/usr/local/share/clamav", and not inside the system. By clicking on "ClamScan", the anti-virus will check only in /home/spot/Downloads and you will be able to check the .log of the scan and virus (if any), in the link "ScanVirus", created in /home/spot.
Thus, you will check files downloaded from the internet, or files manually transferred to /home/spot/Downloads.
To eliminate viruses found in downloaded files, simply delete the contents of the "ScanVirus" link.
It is not advisable to scan parts of the system, as there may be false positives and the "false viruses" will be moved to the "ScanVirus" link, potentially damaging the system. Therefore, "Clamav-FatDog64" is more suitable for systems that do not use "savefiles".

Hope this is useful for someone, you are free to use, modify, improve the app and share your work with us! :thumbup:
I tried to make it as simple as possible, to facilitate maintenance, download updates from https://www.clamav.net, the last package used, "clamav-1.1.0.linux.x86_64.deb", is already available as a release candidate "clamav-1.2.0-rc.linux.x86_64.deb" from 2023-08-04 04:17:43 UTC, which will be used next.

I'm testing on FatDog64-900Beta. What is missing from FatDog is the "ca-certificates.crt" file in the etc/ssl/certs folder. I will place this file inside the Clamav Directory and when you click "Data Update", a symbolic link of the certificate will be created in etc/ssl/certs. Thus, the download of the database will occur normally, without changing the work of the FatDog team.

Attachments
AntiVirus.jpg
AntiVirus.jpg (7.35 KiB) Viewed 763 times
keniv

Re: Clamav® 1.1.0-1 for FatDog64

Post by keniv »

@Duprate
Thanks for this. I tried it some time ago on Fatdog64-900 alpha but could not get it to work. I've since installed Fatdog64-900 Final and I thought I would give it another try. This time I think It's working though I'm not sure if I am using it correctly. I have my Pups and some other OS's hosted on this forum including Fatdog64-900 Final on partiton sda4 on an ssd. Clamav-FatDog64 is also on that partition.

To use it, activate the partition where the anti-virus is located and click on "Clamav-FatDog64".... It installs itself temporarily on the system via symbolic links. In the first use, click on "Data Update" to update the database that will occupy space inside the directory "/Clamav-FatDog64/usr/local/share/clamav", and not inside the system.

I have done this however I do not see "Data Update" anywhere unless I right click Clamav-FatDog64 and select "Look Inside". Is this what I am supposed to do or should I see a pop-up or something. On clicking the script "Data-Update" the database seems to do just that.

By clicking on "ClamScan", the anti-virus will check only in /home/spot/Downloads and you will be able to check the .log of the scan and virus (if any), in the link "ScanVirus", created in /home/spot.

I don't see "ClamScan". Instead I see "ScanVirus". I put a test .pdf file into /home/spot/Downloads and clicked on "ScanVirus" and got an output to clamscan.log which is shown below.

Code: Select all

----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Known viruses: 8673635
Engine version: 1.1.0
Scanned directories: 1
Scanned files: 1
Infected files: 0
Data scanned: 0.00 MB
Data read: 0.00 MB (ratio 0.00:1)
Time: 32.812 sec (0 m 32 s)
Start Date: 2023:09:27 18:07:42
End Date:   2023:09:27 18:08:15

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scanning /home/spot/Downloads/esrchart.pdf
Scanning /home/spot/Downloads/ReadMe.html

----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Known viruses: 8673635
Engine version: 1.1.0
Scanned directories: 1
Scanned files: 2
Infected files: 0
Data scanned: 0.02 MB
Data read: 0.02 MB (ratio 0.80:1)
Time: 32.806 sec (0 m 32 s)
Start Date: 2023:09:27 18:08:57
End Date:   2023:09:27 18:09:29

It looks to me as if it's working but I'm slightly worried that I'm having to use it by "Looking Inside" Clamav-FatDog64 and am not seeing "Clam Scan".
Can you confirm that I using it correctly or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Ken.

Duprate

Post by Duprate »

Hi Keniv!
I don't think I explained properly what to do with Clamav... To work correctly, it needs to be in /sda1/ROXapps/Clamav-FatDog64. However, each user can put "Clamav-FatDog64" wherever they want. In this case, the user will have to manually correct the following files: "AppRun" on line 4, and "options.conf". The "address" is /mnt/sda1/ROXapps/Clamav-FatDog64, you rewrite it with the new "address".
The program is very "spartan", but it will work correctly.... :mrgreen:

keniv

Post by keniv »

@Duprate

To work correctly, it needs to be in /sda1/ROXapps/Clamav-FatDog64. However, each user can put "Clamav-FatDog64" wherever they want.

Based on your above instructions I now have Clamav-FatDog64 in /mnt/sda4/ROXapps/Clamav-FatDog64. I assume this is correct if I have Fatdog64-900 Final on sda4.

the user will have to manually correct the following files: "AppRun" on line 4, and "options.conf".

This is what I currently have in "AppRun" on line 4. . /mnt/sda1/Clamav-FatDog64/options.conf. As you can see there is no mention of ROXapps. Should I now change this to . /mnt/sda4/ROXapps/Clamav-FatDog64/options.conf or . /mnt/sda4/Clamav-FatDog64/options.conf and move Clamav-FatDog64 back to /mnt/sda4/ROXapps/Clamav-FatDog64?
I find the contents of "options.conf" even more confusing. Below is the content I currently have without having made any changes.

Code: Select all

#########
# Row 1 #
#########

LABEL1="      ClamScan"
ICON1="/mnt/sda4/Clamav-FatDog64/icons/clamav.png"
EXEC1="/mnt/sda4//Clamav-FatDog64/Start"

LABEL2="    Data Update"
ICON2="/mnt/sda4//Clamav-FatDog64/icons/update.png"
EXEC2="/mnt/sda4//Clamav-FatDog64/Data-Update"

Again you can see there is no mention of ROXapps. Can you advise me what should be in here given that I have Fatdog64-900 Final on sda4 and I wish to run
Clamav-FatDog64 from sda4.

Regards,

Ken.

Duprate

Post by Duprate »

Hi Keniv!
On my PC, the app is in "/mnt/sda1/ROXapps/Clamav-FatDog64".
On your PC, it's at "/mnt/sda4/Clamav-FatDog64". The only thing you need to do is:

In "AppRun" on line 4, Correct to /mnt/sda4/Clamav-FatDog64/options.conf

In options.conf, correct to
LABEL1="ClamScan"
ICON1="/mnt/sda4/Clamav-FatDog64/icons/clamav.png"
EXEC1="/mnt/sda4/Clamav-FatDog64/Start"

LABEL2="Data Update"
ICON2="/mnt/sda4/Clamav-FatDog64/icons/update.png"
EXEC2="/mnt/sda4/Clamav-FatDog64/Data-Update"

Exactly this way!
Hugs! :thumbup:

If there are any other questions, feel free to ask....
As for your choice of the FatDog64-900, I can say that it was a great choice and, over time, you will realize this yourself. Use the tools that the system provides, learn from it, and when the system is very familiar to you, everything will become easier....

keniv

Post by keniv »

@Duprate
Thanks again for your help with this. I've made the changes you outlined and now when I click on Clamav-FatDog64 I get a small pop up box with "Clam Scan" and "Data Update". Pressing "Data Update" brings up a terminal and the virus signitures update. Pressing "Clam Scan" brings up a terminal and after a bit it shows the files in /spot/Downloads are being scanned and at the end of this process the terminal closes.

you will be able to check the .log of the scan and virus (if any), in the link "ScanVirus", created in /home/spot.

This too is now working and I can see a record of all the scans I've tried in the clamscan.log.

As for your choice of the FatDog64-900, I can say that it was a great choice and, over time, you will realize this yourself.

Yes I feel very unfamiliar with Fatdog but I think I'm slowly getting more of a feel for it. Thanks again for the help.

Ken.

Return to “Software”