(FD64 812) How to force a fsck on boot? [SOLVED]

versatile 64-bit multi-user Linux distribution

Moderators: kirk, jamesbond, p310don, JakeSFR, step, Forum moderators

01101001b

(FD64 812) How to force a fsck on boot? [SOLVED]

Post by 01101001b »

I know about dofsck as a kernel's command line parameter. Problem is, I needed to check FD64 partition (sda1 in my case) on purpose.
Long story short, I commented the line "rm /etc/booted" in /etc/rc.d/rc.shutdown and rebooted. The system partition was checked and errors found (as I suspected) and fixed.
When system ready, first thing done was uncommenting the line. Problem solved.

Question: Is there a more "elegant" way in FD64 to perform a fsck on system partition? I added "on boot", having dofsck in mind, 'cause it seems easier that way than remounting the partition as read-only (as I read somewhere) which honestly it's greek to me :? (if that's the way to go in FD64, idk).

Enlightenment required :-) and "Thanks" in advance.

Last edited by 01101001b on Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

''Most people make the mistake of thinking design is what it looks like [...] It's not [...]. Design is how it works.'' -- Steve Jobs

jamesbond

Re: (FD64 812) How to force a fsck on boot?

Post by jamesbond »

Hi @01101001b, the process that you have described is not the usual fsck (which is enforced by passing "dofsck" as you already know). It is instead checking for aufs consistency.

The command that does is this:

Code: Select all

auchk -w /aufs/pup_save 

And you run this command with the savefile/savedir partition __already__ mounted.
To have it automatically running at every boot, add the command to /etc/rc.d/rc.local.

Hope that helps.

01101001b

Re: (FD64 812) How to force a fsck on boot?

Post by 01101001b »

jamesbond wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:56 pm

[...] the process that you have described is not the usual fsck [...] It is instead checking for aufs consistency. [...]

Enlightenment I asked for and enlightenment I got :shock:

"Muito obrigado" for your time and explanation! :thumbup:

''Most people make the mistake of thinking design is what it looks like [...] It's not [...]. Design is how it works.'' -- Steve Jobs

Return to “FatDog64”