upgrade-kernel failed to work in fossadog[solved]

Moderator: fredx181

helloworld

upgrade-kernel failed to work in fossadog[solved]

Post by helloworld »

upgrade-kernel failed to work in fossadog.i recently apt dist-upgraded the fassadog,when i tried to upgrade kernel with upgrade-kernel ,it worked bad. it did tell me it generated the kernel and initrd when it poped up that mesage box at last step ,but no kernel and initrd was acually generated. I tried many times,it is sure that upgrade-kernel doesnt work well.

Last edited by helloworld on Fri May 12, 2023 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
fredx181

Re: upgrade-kernel failed to work in fossadog

Post by fredx181 »

helloworld wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:03 pm

upgrade-kernel failed to work in fossadog.i recently apt dist-upgraded the fassadog,when i tried to upgrade kernel with upgrade-kernel ,it worked bad. it did tell me it generated the kernel and initrd when it poped up that mesage box at last step ,but no kernel and initrd was acually generated. I tried many times,it is sure that upgrade-kernel doesnt work well.

Yes, had a look at it now, it's because of changes at the Ubuntu end (note that I'm not really maintaining FossaDog anymore, there may be other problems too because of Ubuntu changes).
Should be fixed by installing latest upgrade-kernel v1.0.8 with apt or download and install deb:
https://debiandog.github.io/FossaDog/Pa ... .8_all.deb
Needs testing more though, I just fixed some things in the upgrade-kernel script and ran without errors for me, but didn't test booting with the new kernel (newest 5.4 = 5.4.0-148-generic at this time).

i recently apt dist-upgraded the fossadog

Is it still the "Focal Fossa" release after upgrading ?, if so then upgrade-kernel should work, but probably (?) not if you (dist) upgraded to next release, e.g. Jammy.

helloworld

Re: upgrade-kernel failed to work in fossadog

Post by helloworld »

Thanks for the reply.Yes,it is fossadog,not jammy.I tried new upgrade-kernel,it worked well.Thanks for your work.

Return to “UbuntuDogs”