F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI 4.4.iso

Moderator: Forum moderators

pp4mnklinux

F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI 4.4.iso

Post by pp4mnklinux »

F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI had been updated (4.4 version)

We must give credits and mention all the developers, graphic designers, testers... (it's imposible for me mention them all) who made us being capable of start working on this project (as I said credits to all of them).

This is a F96CE-4 based derivative, so credits to all people involved there.

We started this project because we were convinced that puppylinux must be improved.- And considering different values it is proved that are good indications on what really needs to be worked on and improved, and graphics is one of the most important

<== Links-In-Bio => https://bit.ly/m/F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI

#sourceforge
https://sourceforge.net/projects/f96ce-xfce-fusilli/

#internetarchive
https://archive.org/details/f96ce3_xfce_fusilli

WALLPAPERS.-
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link

VIDS.

#F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI

https://youtu.be/Bhyd9PdUU6o

#FXFFUS
https://youtu.be/uKZGX_JjRZw

#VIDEO CHOCOLATE CIERRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-XPD1XwCKE

#F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 64YE_Ebowr

TRY THIS AND START DREAMING

Do you think we need this derivative? I prefer that you answer this question, but I am going to give you some information:

As you can read here...

bigpup wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:18 pm

https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=puppy

There was around 185 reviews posted, but now they show 45.

Not as big a sample of reviews as other Linux OS's, shown on DistroWatch.

All developers of Puppy Linux versions and Woof-CE, should look at the really low ratting reviews.

Those are good indications on what really needs to be worked on and improved!

See my next post

It clearly shows puppy has good valorations years ago, but nowadays this valorations are going down.

bigpup wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:28 pm

When it had 185 reviews listed.

The average ratting score was 8.9.

I think what they have done is delete some of the really, really old reviews.
A lot of them gave Puppy a 10.0 ratting.

Some of the newest reviews are giving Puppy a 1.0 ratting.

Those to me are saying what Puppy needs to improve.

We can receive more info reading some of this valorations, some of this comments, some of this ideas.... We can choose if we want to improve it and addapt puppy to the actual necessities, or we want to continue working the same way that it was successful years ago but nowadays it is the opposite.

Think about it... if you can/want.-

Thanks everybody,.

Last edited by pp4mnklinux on Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:04 am, edited 30 times in total.
nilsonmorales

Re: 14_04_2023 => Both versions had been updated

Post by nilsonmorales »

4.4 mdsum ccc89c9cbd660f7f55bb7ee5bf196f95
2.0 mdsum 77cd59d1c447f414ea987122258a13e9

nilsonmorales

Re: 14_04_2023 => Updated Version F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI 4.4.iso

Post by nilsonmorales »

Receive the report that package cli does not work, need to modify the .desktop in /usr/share/applications this way.

Code: Select all

[Desktop Entry]
Categories=X-SetupEntry
Comment=Pkgdialog - ncurses frontend for Pkg 
Encoding=UTF-8
Exec=/usr/bin/urxvt -e pkgdialog
GenericName=Pkgdialog
Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/puppy/execute_add.svg
Name[es]=Pkgdialog Interfaz ncurses para Pkg
Name=Package Manager NG (cli)
Terminal=false
MimeType=application/pet;application/deb;application/x-deb;application/vnd.debian.binary-package;application/x-debian-package;application/x-rpm;application/rpm;application/x-redhat-package-manager;
Type=Application

Thank you and keep test all the apps.
this apply to 4.4 and 2.0

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

Hi, downloaded F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI 4.4 from sourceforge and resulted in file "F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI 4.4" (without .iso extension) but after adding .iso to the file I could mount it and create a frugal install.
Booted fine to the XFCE Desktop and did some quick testing:
- wifi connected fine
- the compositor setting is too heavy for my taste, so wanted to disable the compositor in "Window manager Tweaks" but that doesn't run. Bug ?

For the rest I like it though !

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Hello @pp4mnklinux

In the ISO list you show here, viewtopic.php?p=86941#p86941, you show a ISO file named "FXFFUS 2". Is it the newest version? If so, how do you gain access to it?

Thanks in advance

pp4mnklinux

Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hello everybody... and thanks for your comments:

First of all, THANKS @fredx181 for your comment.- You are correct, my error when uploading (I don't like sourceforge, but...) I didn't wrote the .iso extension. NOW IT IS CORRECTED.

Related with compositor.- I know how to use it because in other distros I used xfce and I disabled it for the same reason as you, but....
with F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI 4.4 never changed to xfce, I am always working with fusilli, so I have no idea about this problem, because for me it doesn't exists, jaja... because what I want is fusilli (but I tell that to @nilsonmorales to take that into account in future releases).

@Clarity as I mentioned, with sourceforge there were some problems (I solved them now) because the download link gives you access to FXFUSS a @nilsonmorales private mac version, now disscontinued, but you can see a video of this distro at https://youtu.be/Pk_3CVmD0Eg

I put at sourceforge only the last version (4.4) with the apropriate extension (.iso) so no more errors when downloading (a lot of people downloaded fxfuss when it is not the official).

Hope it is corrected now..-

I'll write someday about sourceforge.- I DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL.... internetarchive.org is my favourite (among others)

Thanks a lot u all.-

LAST VERSION.- F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI 4.4 You can see how I'm working with it.- with 7 virtual desktops... https://youtu.be/RQEeeBlH2Y4

Time is money... so take advantages of puppy capacities.

Last edited by pp4mnklinux on Mon May 01, 2023 5:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
nilsonmorales

Post by nilsonmorales »

HI, compositor control only works if you are in xfce so need to change from fusilli
right click here and back to xfce
go to menu whisker--settings manager
look for the windown manager tweak
and disable compositing

Last edited by nilsonmorales on Mon May 01, 2023 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nilsonmorales

Post by nilsonmorales »

Hi, the 4.4 and the 2 version are differents.
FXFFUS 2 is a looks like Mac mixed catalina, mojave, capitaine
so icon theme, panel plugins, menus change

Clarity

FUSILLI versions 14_04_2023

Post by Clarity »

Your opening post shows

In the last post you made, you say

I put at sourceforge only the last version (4.4) with the apropriate extension (.iso) so no more errors when downloading (a lot of people downloaded fxfuss when it is not the official).

I'll write someday about sourceforge.- I DON'T LIKE IT AT ALL.... internetarchive.org is my favourite (among others)

I apologize for not understanding which site I must use to gain the latest versions.

Are you saying to ONLY use sourceforge or ???

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

nilsonmorales wrote:

HI, compositor control only works if you are in xfce so need to change from fusilli

Ah, thanks, didn't realize, just quickly tested, will change to xfce next time.

pp4mnklinux

Re: FUSILLI versions 14_04_2023

Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hi @Clarity , I'll try to explain me... and excuse me because my explanation was no complete.

I hosted F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI using two hostings.- SOURCEFORGE and INTERNET ARCHIVE.

SOURCEFORGE.- It was suggested by @rockedge , so I upload there some files (I don't like this server for different reasons, but I continue hosting there files, since today only the last version..... 4.4)

INTERNET ARCHIVE.- I love it to host files, ( I'm PUPPYUSER there) and I created a site with all F96CE_XFCE_FUSILLI DISTROS... so you can download the version you want.... CONSIDER 4.4 THE LAST.

I hope it is clear now.-

Thanks a lot

Clarity wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:04 pm

Your opening post shows

In the last post you made, you say

I apologize for not understanding which site I must use to gain the latest versions.

Are you saying to ONLY use sourceforge or ???

fredx181

Post by fredx181 »

@pp4mnklinux Looking at the slimjet problems on XFCE_FUSILLI, I think there's some security / permission problem.
Being able to run everything possible as root is one of the goals, not ?

pp4mnklinux

Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hi @fredx181 , that is.- Puppy is designed to be run as root.- We want to use it as it was designed, so as you said, one of the goals is being able to use slimjet at full (If you read slimjet forums, a lot of linux users have the same problem so I will be happy if it can be configured more or less correctly, ;) ]

Thanks a lot for your help, that increase our energy to work on this derivative (although we have other obligations.... as you imagine we are not rich hahahha).

Have a nice day u all.-

fredx181 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:32 pm

@pp4mnklinux Looking at the slimjet problems on XFCE_FUSILLI, I think there's some security / permission problem.
Being able to run everything possible as root is one of the goals, not ?

nilsonmorales

hexchat dont start

Post by nilsonmorales »

From the beginning I had reports that hexchat did not work (apologies to @AntonioPt ), I did not perform the tests well, what happens is that on certain computers it does not work on others and so far I have been able to observe that if I take a perl.so plugin from another hexchat it works for me, the user @josejp2424 is working on it, while we solve that problem you can use bionic64's hexchat plugin perl.so or all the pet the plugin goes in /usr/lib/hexchat/plugins the program complains that it needs perl .5.26 but at least it works, I've tested it.
Greetings.
here the report viewtopic.php?p=86679#p86679 12042023
We will also add that functionality that in the past xchat gave a name randomly and connected directly to the puppylinux channel on its respective server

AntonioPt

Re: hexchat dont start

Post by AntonioPt »

Hi @nilsonmorales thxx for the info gonna check soon as possible and let you know how it goes

nilsonmorales wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:34 am

From the beginning I had reports that hexchat did not work (apologies to @AntonioPt ), I did not perform the tests well, what happens is that on certain computers it does not work on others and so far I have been able to observe that if I take a perl.so plugin from another hexchat it works for me, the user @josejp2424 is working on it, while we solve that problem you can use bionic64's hexchat plugin perl.so or all the pet the plugin goes in /usr/lib/hexchat/plugins the program complains that it needs perl .5.26 but at least it works, I've tested it.
Greetings.
here the report viewtopic.php?p=86679#p86679 12042023
We will also add that functionality that in the past xchat gave a name randomly and connected directly to the puppylinux channel on its respective server

Why astronauts use Linux
Because you can't open windows in space

Return to “F96CE-XFCE-FUSILLI”