Anyone using jammypup64ce-10.0?

Issues and / or general discussion relating to Puppy

Moderator: Forum moderators

Jasper

Anyone using jammypup64ce-10.0?

Post by Jasper »

Hi all

I have just downloaded and installed this OS and am pleasantly surprised.

The applications appear to be newer than my FossaPup64-95.

I did try to playback some audio and video files but they did not open. A quick check informed me that FFMpeg had not been installed.

Sound and WiFi worked. I have the Audio Adapter HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH but do not get any audio :oops:

Has anyone else tried out this offering?

What did you think?

It uses the 5.15.88 kernel.

I did try to swap the kernel to the newer 6.1.4-64oz-ao-x86_64. It does boot up and you do end up with the desktop. There was an error message Zram/Zswap (?). Keyboard/Mouse did not function so had to power down manually.

I liked it regardless :thumbup:

**EDIT** Never used Synaptic before until today :P anyway downloaded FFMpeg but MPV failed to load. So in the end tried VLC and that does play the video but no sound again :roll:

The Puppy Package Manager uses repositories for Xenial/Tahr64 and NoArch.

LateAdopter

Re: Anyone using jammypup64ce-10.0

Post by LateAdopter »

Hello Jasper

I have tried dimkr's vanilla-upup_22.04s and I have tried the puppy-upup_22.04 CI builds with Rox. I don't know where jammypup64ce-10.0 would come from.

dimkr

Post by dimkr »

@LateAdopter You can find bi-weekly builds of the default jammy64 woof-CE configuration at https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/w ... ammy64.yml. It's the same thing really.

jrb

Post by jrb »

dimkr wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:43 pm

You can find bi-weekly builds of the default jammy64 woof-CE configuration at https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/w ... ammy64.yml.

I'm afraid I still haven't figured out how to download these builds from github, so I downloaded the latest WoofCE and build Jammy64. It has lots of potential and I like connman and I don't mind pulseaudio but theres lots that doesn't work yet.

Mpv needs /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libblas.so.3 and /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liblapack.so.3 which can be symlinked from the /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/blas and /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lapack directories. It then works very well.

I haven't got deadbeef to play anything. It doesn't report any missing deps, so who knows? I have installed ffmpeg, that didn't help.

I like it :thumbup: , but at 74 years old I don't have the time, energy or attention span to put much work into it. :(

Good Luck, J

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

@LateAdopter

@peebee kindly uploaded the ISO to download from here:

https://github.com/peabee/woof-CE/relea ... e-10.0.iso

As it is fairly large ie a few hundred mb's, you can use Wget to download it via terminal

Code: Select all

wget -c https://github.com/peabee/woof-CE/releases/download/jammypup64ce-10.0-180123/jammypup64ce-10.0.iso

alternatively, just use your browser :thumbup:

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

@jrb

@wiak kindly gave us a bit of insight to understand the process

"At the moment I notice it is a .zip file download; presumably for making a frugal installation into a folder.
To download I believe you need to create a github login; I don't think that is always the case but seems matters have been set up here such that github login is required for this asset/download. Certainly you don't need to understand how to use git to get a login. Once you login you can click on the Asset to download it. Without a login, yes, it is a bit weird being sent to a page and nothing you click on will download anything! :-) Problem really, if you think about it, is that that is not new-user friendly resource even though the facility is otherwise excellent."

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

Please don't laugh but I only realised today that my previous PET downloads (Fossapup64-95) all appear to be working.

For some reason, I thought I would need to have new updated applications.

:thumbup:

dimkr

Post by dimkr »

jrb wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:48 am

I'm afraid I still haven't figured out how to download these builds from github

We have a guide for that: https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/w ... -on-GitHub.

wiak

Post by wiak »

dimkr wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:58 am
jrb wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:48 am

I'm afraid I still haven't figured out how to download these builds from github

We have a guide for that: https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/w ... -on-GitHub.

My goodness dimkr. That document is at least 100 technical lines long. Do you think most will bother reading all that just to find out how to download an iso release? The release is pretty encouraging, but yes, seems to be problems with both MPV and Deadbeef operation.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

dimkr

Post by dimkr »

You don't have to read it, you can look at the pictures.

And if you try to download a development build that's not intended to be some "official" release, don't expect user friendliness.

And if you're struggling to download that file, can't read such a short guide or just don't want to, then I'm sorry, but maybe this is not for you.

wiak

Post by wiak »

dimkr wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:22 am

You don't have to read it, you can look at the pictures.

And if you try to download a development build that's not intended to be some "official" release, don't expect user friendliness.

And if you're struggling to download that file, can't read such a short guide or just don't want to, then I'm sorry, but maybe this is not for you.

Oh dear... If anyone interested in trying this particular Puppy Jammy distro has any problem understanding how to download the iso, and really do not care to read lots of technical description (including diagrams), then you are putting them off altogether when you say "maybe this is not for you", which sounds like you are trying to insult them from an imagined position of superiority.

The one resource Puppy Linux distro cannot afford to lose is any users or any potential users. Puppy Linux can afford to lose you, but not the support and interest of its users.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

@dimkr There is NO WAY any of these artifact distro's are close to being "polished" or outfitted with enough utilities and functions to meet the critical standards of community never mind being attractive for the nominal user.

All I see in these is base foundations to begin to actually polish and build a really usable system from. That means remaster because as far as I can see, very few people have a grasp enough of woof-CE to actually effectively make the changes in configuration and add the packages and push that to GitHub.

Like a glutton of punishment I keep experimenting on making the changes to woof-CE to make a distro that will match the polish of F96_4-radky6-CE but have not had a single successful output from woof-CE that comes close.

Here we are with out any Puppy master and just like the time the old forum was collapsing technically and there wasn't anyone actually doing anything to fix that. Four years later here we are again, but this time we can avoid any gaps.

What mystifies me is why the main developer who already is making the main decisions refuses to be the "Puppy Master" when in fact he already is.

I suggest we push a sword into a huge stone and who ever can pull it out is Puppy Master. But until then dimkr is it, like it or not.....until the chosen one comes a long and can pull the sword from the big rock. I all ready do all of the day to day work like any First Officer (or Best Boy who gets stuck with all of the paperwork on top of it all) does.......so @dimkr being the acting "Puppy Master" should be a pretty non-demanding job and looks great on a resume.... :thumbup2:

jrb

Post by jrb »

If you don't intend to publish a publicly-available release that can be later downloaded by others including people without a GitHub account, leave "Upload release draft" unchecked. But in case you're planning to publish the build output in a release, select "Upload Release draft" option (read #3760 for reason). If you don't want to keep the build and still select "Upload Release draft" option, you are wasting storage space: if you abuse GitHub Actions resource limits, build will start to fail and can cost you money. In case you're builds start to fail for such a reason, you can try deleting few of your draft releases. Release draft upload is disabled for puppylinux-woof-CE/woof-CE, so available storage space can be used for shared resources like kernels: publish releases only in forks of woof-CE, under your personal account.

dimkr wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:22 am

then I'm sorry, but maybe this is not for you.

I think, at least in my case, you are right. I didn't mean to start a flame-war here, but it sounds as if some important topics have come to the surface.

In any case it's easy enough to download WoofCE and do local builds. In fact, with slight modifcations to 3builddistro I am able to pause the process, insert fixes and proceed. It allows me to essentially build a zz_fix_XXpup.pet on the fly. All the fun without having to read the instructions.:D

Cheers, and I really do appreciate the work that ALL of you serious developers are doing.

J

thinkpadfreak

Post by thinkpadfreak »

Hello.

I do not know whether this is the suitable place to post about this topic, but I tested jammypup64ce-10.0.iso. We cannot use IME with Chrome on this version of puppy. Jammypup64 9.8 offered by Grey is better.

Does this mean that any puppy built with the current woof-CE does not comply with Chrome?
Is it possible to build a puppy which complies with Chrome by selecting some option in the build system?

The issue is first introduced in this forum by the thread below:

Slacko64-7.0: latest Chrome cannot use input method
https://forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic.php?t=6108

It is a pity that no one but me got interested in the issue.

dimkr

Post by dimkr »

rockedge wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:19 pm

@dimkr There is NO WAY any of these artifact distro's are close to being "polished" or outfitted with enough utilities and functions to meet the critical standards of community never mind being attractive for the nominal user.

I 100% agree, and that's why these builds don't appear on the "Releases" page, don't have release notes, and so on. These are development builds, nothing more. They're not easy to find and download (especially, by people who refuse to read short documentation with kid-grade illustrations) because the only ones ready to consume them are developers who work on testing, polish or extra features.

wiak wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:01 am

sounds like you are trying to insult them from an imagined position of superiority.

These are development builds, not ready for general consumption. If they become easy to download and marketed as releases ready for general consumption, bad things will happen. Protecting users against bad things like data loss is one thing, insulting them is another.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

thinkpadfreak wrote:

We cannot use IME with Chrome on this version of puppy. Jammypup64 9.8 offered by Grey is better

What is the difference? Just keeping on telling us something is wrong and it doesn't work isn't going to fix this. First of all I have never used Chrome enough to even know how to use IME so testing how it is supposes to work is difficult from my standpoint. You will need to tell us more on what IME is and what it is supposed to do. Then point me in the right direction to what does work so we can find out what is missing on systems it doesn't.

Otherwise blame Google Chrome monopoly developers because constantly chasing down what they change to their benefit is a problem. Conform or be eradicated.

So point out how you expect IME input to work or show me a place I can learn more about it to be able to fix it.

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

@rockedge

IME allows keyboard input for non QWERTY keyboards eg Asian languages.

I do understand that this ISO is a development only. However, could some of us who are not familiar with GitHub be able to work out or own solutions?

It might not be the ideal way ie adding to GitHub but if they did work maybe someone could pick them up and add them as fixes??

Just a suggestion.

@dimkr

Is there a DevX SFS available for this ISO?

dimkr

Post by dimkr »

Jasper wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:30 pm

Is there a DevX SFS available for this ISO?

The automated builds on GitHub are always accompanied by devx and the kernel sources SFS,

Jasper

Post by Jasper »

@dimkr

Thanks for letting me know :thumbup:

LateAdopter

Post by LateAdopter »

dimkr and Jasper thanks for the info on where to find it. I also checked that the DEVX is present in peabee's releases.
https://github.com/peabee/woof-CE/releases
I have tried it, and the intel_drv.so does work correctly with glxgears in this version. The modesetting driver doesn't work properly with Intel graphics.

I am now trying to work out how to get audio out over HDMI. Trying playback with MPV: ao/pipewire says it can't connect - host is down. Then MPV segfaults.

thinkpadfreak

Post by thinkpadfreak »

rockedge wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:10 pm

What is the difference? Just keeping on telling us something is wrong and it doesn't work isn't going to fix this. First of all I have never used Chrome enough to even know how to use IME so testing how it is supposes to work is difficult from my standpoint. You will need to tell us more on what IME is and what it is supposed to do. Then point me in the right direction to what does work so we can find out what is missing on systems it doesn't.

Otherwise blame Google Chrome monopoly developers because constantly chasing down what they change to their benefit is a problem. Conform or be eradicated.

So point out how you expect IME input to work or show me a place I can learn more about it to be able to fix it.

I thank Jasper for adding the information about IME. And I thank you rockedge for taking an interest in the issue.

People who use kanji characters cannot input them directly on keyboards, because there are many more kanji characters than the alphabet which consists roughly of 26 characters. So we usually input pronunciations of words on keyboards and then convert them to kanji characters with the help of IME.

Example:
Japanized fossapup64 9.5 (We can use IME with Chrome)
https://sakurapup.com/forum1/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3515

Japanized bionicpup64 8.0 (We cannot use IME with Chrome)
https://sakurapup.com/forum1/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3450

Both have fcitx installed as IME. You can turn IME on by pressing Ctrl + Space. (Japanese keyboards have a special key to turn it on.)
It is strange that both were developed by 666philb but that there seems to be a difference between them. On the bionicpup64 other applications than Chromium-based browsers work fine with IME.

When you use IME with Chromium-based browsers run as spot, you will need to start them adding env command like this:
# env GTK_IM_MODULE="xim" google-chrome-stable

Edit:
On puppies other than fossapup64 9.5 and jammypup64 9.7b / 9.8, you won't be able to use IME even if you start Chrome with the above command.

Last edited by thinkpadfreak on Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
dimkr

Post by dimkr »

@thinkpadfreak If you give me step by step instructions how to install, configure IME to your liking and ensure everything works, I can integrate IME support into woof-CE.

thinkpadfreak

Post by thinkpadfreak »

dimkr wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:38 am

@thinkpadfreak If you give me step by step instructions how to install, configure IME to your liking and ensure everything works, I can integrate IME support into woof-CE.

Thanks for your interest in this issue.

Input methods do not mean anything to those who do not need them. On the other hand, their size is rather large. I do not think they should be integrated into puppy iso files.

And the issue related to Chrome is a different thing. Chrome changed its interface with IME at version 102. Applications other than Chromium-based browsers are not affected.

Rather, I would like the puppy developers to investigate into the difference between fossapup64 9.5 and other puppies.
The important thing is that this issue is specific to most puppies. Other distributions do not seem to be affected.

radky

Re: Anyone using jammypup64ce-10.0?

Post by radky »

@dimkr

In the following thread, user miltonx provides a list of errors generated when input method tools (yong, fcitx and scim) are used with recent iterations of the Chrome browser in most Woof-CE Pups. Apparently the input methods function properly in FossaPup64, but not in other current Woof-CE Pups.

https://forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic.php?t=6108

Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf", line 102: unknown element "blank"
[18637:18721:0606/144430.153712:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(623)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
[18637:18721:0606/144430.154106:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(623)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.UPower.GetDisplayDevice: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
[18637:18721:0606/144430.154593:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(623)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.UPower.EnumerateDevices: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
[18668:18668:0606/144430.433236:ERROR:gpu_memory_buffer_support_x11.cc(44)] dri3 extension not supported.
[18637:18637:0606/144433.524693:ERROR:input_method_context_impl_gtk.cc(108)] Cannot translate a Keyevent to a GdkEvent.
[18637:18637:0606/144433.684547:ERROR:input_method_context_impl_gtk.cc(108)] Cannot translate a Keyevent to a GdkEvent.
[18637:18637:0606/144433.807354:ERROR:input_method_context_impl_gtk.cc(108)] Cannot translate a Keyevent to a GdkEvent.
[18637:18637:0606/144433.829416:ERROR:input_method_context_impl_gtk.cc(108)] Cannot translate a Keyevent to a GdkEvent.
[18637:18637:0606/144434.120256:ERROR:input_method_context_impl_gtk.cc(108)] Cannot translate a Keyevent to a GdkEvent.
[18637:18637:0606/144434.206690:ERROR:input_method_context_impl_gtk.cc(108)] Cannot translate a Keyevent to a GdkEvent.
[18637:18637:0606/144434.302864:ERROR:input_method_context_impl_gtk.cc(108)] Cannot translate a Keyevent to a GdkEvent.
[18637:18637:0606/144434.325700:ERROR:input_method_context_impl_gtk.cc(108)] Cannot translate a Keyevent to a GdkEvent.
[18637:18637:0606/144435.222555:ERROR:input_method_context_impl_gtk.cc(108)] Cannot translate a Keyevent to a GdkEvent.
[18637:18637:0606/144435.329398:ERROR:input_method_context_impl_gtk.cc(108)] Cannot translate a Keyevent to a GdkEvent.
[18637:18637:0606/144435.403083:ERROR:input_method_context_impl_gtk.cc(108)] Cannot translate a Keyevent to a GdkEvent.
[18637:18637:0606/144435.444429:ERROR:input_method_context_impl_gtk.cc(108)] Cannot translate a Keyevent to a GdkEvent.
[18637:18637:0606/144435.615664:ERROR:input_method_context_impl_gtk.cc(108)] Cannot translate a Keyevent to a GdkEvent.
[18637:18637:0606/144435.703120:ERROR:input_method_context_impl_gtk.cc(108)] Cannot translate a Keyevent to a GdkEvent.
[18637:18637:0606/144435.776896:ERROR:input_method_context_impl_gtk.cc(108)] Cannot translate a Keyevent to a GdkEvent.
[18637:18637:0606/144435.821428:ERROR:input_method_context_impl_gtk.cc(108)] Cannot translate a Keyevent to a GdkEvent.
[0606/144504.715703:ERROR:nacl_helper_linux.cc(315)] NaCl helper process running without a sandbox!
Most likely you need to configure your SUID sandbox correctly
dimkr

Post by dimkr »

@radky Let's fix this!

First, we need to isolate the problem: reproduce the problem with one version of Chrome running the same way (spot/root) under multiple Puppy releases with different characteristics that can cause this. See https://forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic. ... 299#p79299.

I can see a problem on dpup: when I type in the Chromium 108 address bar, the Chinese input popup shows up but the characters are still English letters and the dropdown with Chinese characters doesn't appear.

LateAdopter

Post by LateAdopter »

I have investigated why the audio is not working. It looks as though it has never worked, because vanilla-upup_22.04.39 is the same with Xorg.
If I enter: wpctl status, it says: Could not connect to pipewire.

The wireplumber, pipewire and pipewire-pulse services are running but there is an error in xerrs.log:

M 10:38:07.436144    m-lua-scripting ../modules/module-lua-scripting/config.c:80:load_components: Failed to open module /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wireplumber-0.4/libwireplumber-module-logind: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wireplumber-0.4/libwireplumber-module-logind.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/bin/jwm
M 10:38:08.562838    m-lua-scripting ../modules/module-lua-scripting/api.c:338:object_activate_done: <WpSiAudioAdapter:0x564d0ad3f040> Object activation aborted: proxy destroyed
M 10:38:08.562918 script/create-item create-item.lua:74:chunk: <WpSiAudioAdapter:0x564d0ad3f040> failed to activate item: Object activation aborted: proxy destroyed

I don't know why the file would be missing as it is in the Ubuntu package.

I think I will attempt to get apt to uninstall wireplumber, pipewire and pipewire-pulse and install pulseaudio instead.
Since it is not connected to the internet, I will need to find out how to get apt to install packages downloaded in advance and what to do about held packages.

dimkr

Post by dimkr »

SCIM seems to work (?) in Chromium under X.Org in Vanilla Dpup 10.0.x development builds, when:
1) I install GTK+ 4 (apt install libgtk-4-1)
2) Set GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
3) Force Chromium to use GTK+ 4 using --gtk-version=4

I wonder if the same applies to jammy64 as well, and I wonder if IME works in Ubuntu because the Ubuntu snap for Chrome includes GTK+ 4.

radky

Post by radky »

@dimkr wrote:

SCIM seems to work (?) in Chromium under X.Org in Vanilla Dpup 10.0.x development builds, when:
1) I install GTK+ 4 (apt install libgtk-4-1)
2) Set GTK_IM_MODULE=scim
3) Force Chromium to use GTK+ 4 using --gtk-version=4

I wonder if the same applies to jammy64 as well, and I wonder if IME works in Ubuntu because the Ubuntu snap for Chrome includes GTK+ 4.

Thanks for the report @dimkr. Hopefully, your findings will lead to a final solution for Chromium IME in recent Pups. However, I assume there are other factors in play since Chrome and IME function properly in FossaPup64-9.5 (which has gtk3 but no gtk4 libs).

Chrome and IME fail in FossaPup64-9.6 but when I compare the gtk3 libs in F95 and F96, I see no difference.

jrb

Post by jrb »

Just thought I'd mention that I have got mpv working reliably with sound, also ffplay and pmusic.

I did a local WooCE build and took mpv out of the petbuilds. Once booted I used PPM to install mpv 0.34.1, the Jammy default, along with dependencies. I played my video and audio files. I did the same with ffmpeg and ffplay played video and audio. Then I install pmusic and it to worked.

So, I did another build with

yes|mpv|mpv,libavc1394-0,libavdevice58,libcaca0,libdc1394-25,libdecor-0-0,libdvdnav4,libdvdread8,libiec61883-0,libjack-jackd2-0,libmujs1,libopenal1,libopenal-data,libplacebo192,libraw1394-11,libsdl2-2.0-0,libsixel1,libslang2,libsndio7.0,libva-wayland2|exe,dev>null,doc,nls 
yes|mpv-deps|libavcodec-dev,libavfilter-dev,libass-dev,liblua5.2-dev,libxss-dev,libxpresent-dev,libxv-dev|exe,dev,doc,nls||deps:yes
yes|ffmpeg|ffmpeg,libavc1394-0,libavdevice58,libcaca0,libdc1394-25,libdecor-0-0,libiec61883-0,libjack-jackd2,libopenal1,libopenal-data,libraw1394-11,libsdl2-2.0-0,libslang2,libsndio7.0|exe,dev,doc,nls

in both top and bottom sections of DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS-ubuntu-jammy. Note the first line of code is already there but you have to leave it in for mpv to work. Also:

ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/blas/libblas.so.3.10.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libblas.so.3
ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lapack/liblapack.so.3.10.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liblapack.so.3

I installed ffmpeg to run pmusic. My internet seaching indicates that Deadbeef is not presently compatible with pipewire. There is an experimental plugin at https://github.com/saivert/ddb_output_pw which requires compiling in meson, but that's above my paygrade.

For ffmpeg:

no|ffmpeg|ffmpeg,libaom0,libaom-dev,libavcodec58,libavcodec-extra58,libavcodec-dev,libavutil56,libavdevice58,libavdevice-dev,libswresample3,libswresample-dev,libavresample4,libavresample-dev,libavfilter-extra*,libpostproc55,libpostproc-dev,libavutil-dev,libavutil-dev,libavformat58,libavformat-dev,libavdevice-dev,libavfilter7,libavfilter-dev,libbs2b0,libbs2b-dev,libcodec2-0.8.1,libcodec2-dev,libflite1,libgme0,libiec61883-0,liblilv-0-0,liblilv-dev,libjack-jackd2-0,libjack-jackd2-dev,libnorm1,libnorm-dev,libnuma1,libnuma-dev,libopenal1,libopenal-data,libopenal-dev,libshine3,libshine-dev,libsnappy1v5,libsodium23,libsodium-dev,libsoxr0,libsoxr-dev,libssh-gcrypt-4,libssh-gcrypt-dev,libswscale5,libswscale-dev,libwavpack1,libwavpack-dev,libzmq5,libsndio7.0,libsndio-dev,libsdl2-2.0-0,libsdl2-dev,libavc1394-0,libtwolame0,libmodplug1,librubberband2,libebur128-1,libass9,libass-dev,libchromaprint1,libzvbi0,libzvbi-common,libwebpmux3,libwebp6,libcrystalhd3,libjson-c3,libjson-c-dev,libspeex1,libcaca0,libopenmpt0,libmpg123-0,libpgm-5.2-0,libmysofa0,libmysofa-dev,libvidstab1.1,libvidstab-dev|exe,dev,doc,nls||deps:yes #jrb
yes|ffmpeg|ffmpeg,libavc1394-0,libavdevice58,libcaca0,libdc1394-25,libdecor-0-0,libiec61883-0,libjack-jackd2,libopenal1,libopenal-data,libraw1394-11,libsdl2-2.0-0,libslang2,libsndio7.0|exe,dev,doc,nls

in both top and bottom sections of DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS-ubuntu-jammy.

For pmusic copy woof-out_x86_64_x86_64_ubuntu_jammy64/support/rootfs-packages.conf-backup to woof-out_x86_64_x86_64_ubuntu_jammy64/support/rootfs-packages.conf and make sure pmusic is set to pmusic="true".

Then do your build.

Good Luck, J

Edit: Oh yeah, I took deadbeef out of petbuilds too. That's in _00build.conf

dimkr

Post by dimkr »

radky wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:58 pm

However, I assume there are other factors in play since Chrome and IME function properly in FossaPup64-9.5 (which has gtk3 but no gtk4 libs).

What Chrome version are you using and where does it come from?

Return to “Users”