NMVE drive stopped booting, how do I fix it?

New to Puppy and have questions? Start here

Moderator: Forum moderators

Governor

NMVE drive stopped booting, how do I fix it?

Post by Governor »

I took a photo of the boot screen with my camera but I did not find any way to get the file from my phone to my computer using Puppy directly. Perhaps I had a bad cable.
Luckily, I remembered my laptop has a card reader so I removed my memory card from my camera and inserted it and that worked.

And this:

I managed to boot with my thumb drive instead, but unfortunately, I WAS NOT given the possibility to use a savefile option, even though there are two savefiles in the same folder as the OS.
How do I fix that?

Don't take life too seriously, you will never get out alive.

geo_c

Re: NMVE drive stopped booting, how do I fix it?

Post by geo_c »

Because you're booted from USB, the savefile has to be on USB.

Last edited by geo_c on Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geo_c
Old School Hipster, and Such

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

BTW: what you're seeing on the nvme boot screen, the first screenshot, is called Kernel Panic. I wonder what you did.

geo_c

Governor

Post by Governor »

geo_c wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:02 pm

Because your booted from USB, the savefile has to be on USB.

I only mentioned the USB because it was how I was able to boot since the NVME boot failed. It is the same setup on both drives and the same savefiles.
So how do I fix the NVME drive?
How do I get the thumb drive to give me the choice of using one of the existing savefiles?

Governor

Post by Governor »

geo_c wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:10 pm

BTW: what you're seeing on the nvme boot screen, the first screenshot, is called Kernel Panic. I wonder what you did.

I have no idea what caused this, or what I did or did not do. I do wonder how to fix it.

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

Governor wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:13 pm
geo_c wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:02 pm

Because your booted from USB, the savefile has to be on USB.

I only mentioned the USB because it was how I was able to boot since the NVME boot failed. It is the same setup on both drives and the same savefiles.
So how do I fix the NVME drive?
How do I get the thumb drive to give me the choice of using one of the existing savefiles?

It's right there in the sentence you just quoted from me. I'll explain it again. Because you're booted from USB, the savefile has to be on USB. Is there one on your USB? No. So you don't get a savefile. What are you gonna do about it?

geo_c

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

Governor wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:15 pm

I have no idea what caused this, or what I did or did not do. I do wonder how to fix it.

If you don't know anything you could have done differently than the last times you booted, then people can only guess and ask you a million questions. I'm growing tired of guessing and asking a million questions. So I'll have to refrain from posting responses from now on. No disrespect, I just know my limits and have to respect them to retain my positiive sense of humor. Not to worry, I'm sure others will jump in.

geo_c

Governor

Post by Governor »

geo_c wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:21 pm

If you don't know anything you could have done differently than the last times you booted, then people can only guess and ask you a million questions. I'm growing tired of guessing and asking a million questions. So I'll have to refrain from posting responses from now on. No disrespect, I just know my limits and have to respect them to retain my positiive sense of humor. Not to worry, I'm sure others will jump in.

Well, my thumb drive started working again. I got the choice of using a savefile this time, although the savefile never includes the screen settings. Believe me I am also sick and tired of trying to get anywhere with Linux. :(

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

@Governor

Is this the same computer you have been having issues with, you have talked about in other topics?
If yes.

Unless you can tell us, that some specific operating system can run the computer, with no problem.

I think the computer is having hardware issues.
Hardware that is not always working correctly.

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

amethyst

Post by amethyst »

the savefile never includes the screen settings.

In the menu click System > Puppy Event Manager > Save Session tab and then post a screenshot of that screen.

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

geo_c wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:10 pm

geo, I think the "panic" message is a bootloader panic

gov, if you have edited your limine.cfg recently, compare your existing limine.cfg to the one you posted earlier that apparently worked for a while. an extra space or a single misplaced character can cause your problem.
If you have not edited limine.cfg, but have moved any fossapup files or renamed/moved the folder, then limine.cfg needs editing. BTW, good practice when editing configuration files is to make a back up copy of the original before opening the original in a text editor. another option might be to run limine installer on the nvme again, from your Easy USB as before.

Ramachandra Iyer

Post by Ramachandra Iyer »

I do'nt think so you can boot (dual boot) from nvme ssd unless recent changes carried out by @BarryK, effected in your Puppy Linux. I had been running behind issue for the past two years. Recently the problem got solved by our Guru.

ozsouth

Post by ozsouth »

@Governor - I believe to boot NVME ssd, you need a kernel with vmd builtin (=y in DOTconfig). My latest kernel & fdrv should allow this, without needing a usb boot, but use at own risk. See: viewtopic.php?p=75791&sid=04c84fe04791e ... 52f#p75791
(For fossapup64, would choose the ubuntu derivative option & use the fdrv attached).

wiak

Post by wiak »

Governor wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:08 pm

Believe me I am also sick and tired of trying to get anywhere with Linux. :(

Somehow I find that comment amusing! ;-) However, I have to say that I have rarely had any major issue getting any Linux to boot; occasionally some major effort was required though that was almost always due to the laptop I have to use for business reasons daily that has Secure Boot enabled, TPM-crazy, Bitlocker encrypted disk, a kernel signature fussy ubuntu grub2, and an nvme SSD drive. Fossapup wouldn't boot on it and I didn't pursue why, but KLV-Airedale pretty much always has, as has Vupup and vdpup, and Zorin lite. Whether you should move your efforts to an alternative Linux distro depends on whether the boot issues you are having were caused by lack of understanding on your own part or whether your hardware simply is unable to boot the distro you are attempting to use. If the former, then you need to slow down and think carefully and logically in step by step fashion to hopefully eventually determine (with forum equally logical help) what step you are getting wrong.

If it is incompatibility between your hardware and the distro you are using, it may be that nothing will likely fix it (unless the distro itself gets changed in such a way that your boot issues vanish). But other than that most Linux distros tend to be very reliable and relatively straighforward to boot successfully (computers appear fussy at times, but actually they are simply hard-core logical - one simple mistake and everything can fail...). The fun in terms of everything not then exactly suiting our personal preferences is another matter altogether - I find myself regularly changing my mind about how I like my system to be set up, which wastes an enormous amount of time when I come to think about it.

One important matter is that if someone suggests a solution, it becomes important to just try that solution and carefully and not mix the attempt with other changes to the way you are doing things, otherwise it becomes impossible to track down (through a process of elimination) what might be causing issues. And if you are ever given a step by step procedure to try, make sure to try these steps exactly without any deviation or omission. I say that, because the greatest frustration I've sometimes felt when offering advice is when the person I am trying to help keeps mixing up all sorts of steps from myself and others all at once and, not surprisingly, gets nowhere and just confuses all of us In terms of trying to troubleshoot what the hell is going on...

Personally, from early in childhood, I was taught to 'think like an engineer', which I came to understand meant logical precision and striving for absolute (despite impossible) accuracy. Playing chess a lot when young helps... I think anyway. But I also have my 'bad' days, when logic seems to no longer work at all, and the simplest matter I used to know always works suddenly refuses to work - and on really bad days, everything I try becomes like that... Then my logic mysteriously returns (despite my panic feeling that it has deserted me forever) and the world becomes good (in that way) again. Don't rush, be methodical, make changes only very slowly and with logical reasons and one step only at a time. Often at bad times to just give up for the day and sleep on it and wake up with the dreamed solution (I find that actually happens quite often). Usually works in the end (such that the original huge issue ends up feeling tiny and thought passes through your mind - why on earth did I not see that in the first place?). An engineer, by the way (if you are not one) always opposes the growing feeling "I can't do it" by the internal thought "of course you can, you are an engineer".

Another mystery is that sometimes the apparently unsolvable technical issue just suddenly disappears and all begins working and without any rhyme or reason. I just accept that good fortune when it happens.

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

dimkr

Post by dimkr »

@Governor Go to UEFI settings, maybe the drive is in RAID mode instead of AHCI mode, or the other way around. I have a laptop that "forgets" some UEFI settings every once in a while, causing similar issues.

(If it's in RAID mode you'll need a recent Puppy - Vanilla Dpup and probably S15Pup too have the fix @Ramachandra Iyer and @ozsouth are talking about.)

EDIT: VoidPup64-22.02+12.iso doesn't have the fix
EDIT2: S15Pup64-22.12+1-T.iso has the fix

Governor

Post by Governor »

amethyst wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:01 am

the savefile never includes the screen settings.

In the menu click System > Puppy Event Manager > Save Session tab and then post a screenshot of that screen.

AFAIK, my NVNE drive still won't boot so I booted from my thumb drive.

Ok, I got a screen shot. I pasted the image into MTpaint but can't get any further.
The problem is I am not allowed to save the image anywhere. Not to my boot drive, nor til my NVME drive, nor til my FAT32 USB harddrive.
Trying to use: https://postimages.org/

In Pmount:
I can see my boot thumb has the little puppy symbol. But should it be completely locked? What about downloads?

My FAT32 drive has a lock on it. I could be running Firefox from there, but if so, why would the entire drive be locked?
How can I tell where my current firefox is running from?

My NVME drive does not have a lock, but I still can't save my screenshot to it.

I mounted a NTFS thumb drive (no lock) and I was also unable to save my screenshot there.

If I can't save the image, I don't know how to upload it unless there is an online "paste" function, which I am not aware of.

Ok, I took a photo with my camera and popped the camera's memory card into my card reader slot. I was able to upload the file from there

Last edited by Governor on Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Governor

Post by Governor »

bigpup wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:51 am

@Governor

Is this the same computer you have been having issues with, you have talked about in other topics?
If yes.

Unless you can tell us, that some specific operating system can run the computer, with no problem.

I think the computer is having hardware issues.
Hardware that is not always working correctly.

You know you could be right, I wonder if it is a hardware failure. This laptop I am using came with Windows 10 pre-installed. I used that for about 1½ years.
When Windows crashed the last time, I was unable to resurrect it with any recovery methods including rescue CD or Macrium Reflect. The only other option I had available was to boot a Linux CD and that is how I got here.

dimkr

Post by dimkr »

Can you share the output of dmesg and fdisk -l in the terminal, after the partition is mounted?

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

wiak wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:39 am

If it is incompatibility between your hardware and the distro you are using, it may be that nothing will likely fix it (unless the distro itself gets changed in such a way that your boot issues vanish). But other than that most Linux distros tend to be very reliable and relatively straighforward to boot successfully (computers appear fussy at times, but actually they are simply hard-core logical - one simple mistake and everything can fail...). The fun in terms of everything not then exactly suiting our personal preferences is another matter altogether - I find myself regularly changing my mind about how I like my system to be set up, which wastes an enormous amount of time when I come to think about it.

In almost every case of "issues" with any Linux operating system, the fault invariably lies with what's between the keyboard and the chair back....

The user.

Almost always through lack of understanding.......though confusion due to excessive, conflicting advice often plays a large part, too.

(*shrug*)

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Governor

Post by Governor »

dimkr wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:46 pm

Can you share the output of dmesg and fdisk -l in the terminal, after the partition is mounted?

The fdisk output is below. The dmesg command outputs an enormous amount of pages. Should I try and post the entire output, or is there a particular section that can be of benefit?

Code: Select all

root# fdisk -l
Disk /dev/ram0: 13.51 MiB, 14155776 bytes, 27648 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 4096 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 4096 bytes / 4096 bytes

Disk /dev/ram1: 13.51 MiB, 14155776 bytes, 27648 sectors

Disk /dev/ram2: 13.51 MiB, 14155776 bytes, 27648 sectors

Disk /dev/ram3: 13.51 MiB, 14155776 bytes, 27648 sectors

Disk /dev/ram4: 13.51 MiB, 14155776 bytes, 27648 sectors

Disk /dev/ram5: 13.51 MiB, 14155776 bytes, 27648 sectors

Disk /dev/ram6: 13.51 MiB, 14155776 bytes, 27648 sectors

Disk /dev/ram7: 13.51 MiB, 14155776 bytes, 27648 sectors

Disk /dev/ram8: 13.51 MiB, 14155776 bytes, 27648 sectors

Disk /dev/ram9: 13.51 MiB, 14155776 bytes, 27648 sectors

Disk /dev/ram10: 13.51 MiB, 14155776 bytes, 27648 sectors

Disk /dev/ram11: 13.51 MiB, 14155776 bytes, 27648 sectors

Disk /dev/ram12: 13.51 MiB, 14155776 bytes, 27648 sectors

Disk /dev/ram13: 13.51 MiB, 14155776 bytes, 27648 sectors

Disk /dev/ram14: 13.51 MiB, 14155776 bytes, 27648 sectors

Disk /dev/ram15: 13.51 MiB, 14155776 bytes, 27648 sectors

Disk /dev/loop0: 96.52 MiB, 101199872 bytes, 197656 sectors
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes

Disk /dev/loop1: 39.27 MiB, 41168896 bytes, 80408 sectors

Disk /dev/loop2: 26.68 MiB, 27963392 bytes, 54616 sectors

Disk /dev/loop3: 228.11 MiB, 239190016 bytes, 467168 sectors

Disk /dev/loop4: 128 MiB, 134217728 bytes, 262144 sectors

Disk /dev/nvme0n1: 476.96 GiB, 512110190592 bytes, 1000215216 sectors
Disk model: UMIS RPJTJ512MEE1OWX                    
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0xbb21e77e

Device         Boot     Start        End   Sectors   Size Id Type
/dev/nvme0n1p1         616448  940818431 940201984 448.3G  b W95 FAT32
/dev/nvme0n1p2      940818432 1000214527  59396096  28.3G 82 Linux swap / Solaris
/dev/nvme0n1p3 *         2048     616447    614400   300M ef EFI (FAT-12/16/32)

Partition table entries are not in disk order.

Disk /dev/sda: 28.93 GiB, 31037849600 bytes, 60620800 sectors
Disk model: STORE N GO      
Disk identifier: 0x76ca7afb

Device     Boot Start      End  Sectors  Size Id Type
/dev/sda1  *     2048 60618751 60616704 28.9G  c W95 FAT32 (LBA)

Disk /dev/sdb: 931.53 GiB, 1000204886016 bytes, 1953525168 sectors
Disk model: 2105            
Disk identifier: 0xed86c620

Device     Boot Start        End    Sectors   Size Id Type
/dev/sdb1          64 1953520063 1953520000 931.5G  c W95 FAT32 (LBA)

Disk /dev/sdc: 28.93 GiB, 31042043904 bytes, 60628992 sectors
Disk model: STORE N GO      
Disk identifier: 0xb0fc3ea9

Device     Boot Start      End  Sectors  Size Id Type
/dev/sdc1        2048 60628991 60626944 28.9G  7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT

dimkr

Post by dimkr »

Governor wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:20 pm

Should I try and post the entire output, or is there a particular section that can be of benefit

Just the end, especially if it contains any errors.

If lsmod | grep vmd returns any output, it's very likely that you're hit by the issue @Ramachandra Iyer and @ozsouth mentioned.

one

Post by one »

Hi,
but this would not explain that until recently he was able to boot fossapup64_9.5 from its internal nvme drive - if his statement below was correct ...

viewtopic.php?p=75558#p75558

peace

dimkr

Post by dimkr »

If I remember correctly, CONFIG_VMD=y matters only if VMD mode (RAID mode?) is enabled in UEFI. Even if this drive worked just fine before, this problem could be combination of missing VMD support and altered UEFI settings.

Governor

Post by Governor »

dimkr wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:46 pm

Below is the last part of the output from the dmesg command:

[15082.461236] usb 1-2.2: USB disconnect, device number 7
[15082.665193] usb 1-2.2: new full-speed USB device number 8 using xhci_hcd
[15083.626179] usb 1-2.2: new high-speed USB device number 9 using xhci_hcd
[15083.707490] usb 1-2.2: New USB device found, idVendor=0bda, idProduct=8153, bcdDevice=30.00
[15083.707494] usb 1-2.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=6
[15083.707497] usb 1-2.2: Product: USB 10/100/1000 LAN
[15083.707499] usb 1-2.2: Manufacturer: Realtek
[15083.707500] usb 1-2.2: SerialNumber: 000001
[15083.963693] usb 1-2.2: reset high-speed USB device number 9 using xhci_hcd
[15084.121438] r8152 1-2.2:1.0 eth0: v1.10.11
[15095.192432] usb 2-4: new SuperSpeed Gen 1 USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd
[15095.271770] usb 2-4: New USB device found, idVendor=18a5, idProduct=0243, bcdDevice= 1.00
[15095.271775] usb 2-4: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[15095.271778] usb 2-4: Product: STORE N GO
[15095.271780] usb 2-4: Manufacturer: Verbatim
[15095.271782] usb 2-4: SerialNumber: 0700033B8D23B167
[15095.272817] usb-storage 2-4:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[15095.272997] scsi host2: usb-storage 2-4:1.0
[15097.851857] scsi 2:0:0:0: Direct-Access     Verbatim STORE N GO       PMAP PQ: 0 ANSI: 6
[15097.852641] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] 60628992 512-byte logical blocks: (31.0 GB/28.9 GiB)
[15097.852785] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] Write Protect is off
[15097.852788] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] Mode Sense: 23 00 00 00
[15097.852926] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] No Caching mode page found
[15097.852929] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] Assuming drive cache: write through
[15097.854979]  sdc: sdc1
[15097.855862] sd 2:0:0:0: [sdc] Attached SCSI removable disk
[15578.995305] r8152 1-2.2:1.0 eth0: carrier on
[16659.088216] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 10 using xhci_hcd
[16659.226488] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0bda, idProduct=0177, bcdDevice=77.11
[16659.226493] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[16659.226496] usb 1-1: Product: USB2.0-CRW
[16659.226498] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: Generic
[16659.226500] usb 1-1: SerialNumber: 20121112761000000
[16659.230932] ums-realtek 1-1:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
[16659.233407] scsi host3: usb-storage 1-1:1.0
[16660.273340] scsi 3:0:0:0: Direct-Access     Generic- SD/MMC/MS PRO    1.00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 4
[16661.395255] sd 3:0:0:0: [sdd] 60751872 512-byte logical blocks: (31.1 GB/29.0 GiB)
[16661.395582] sd 3:0:0:0: [sdd] Write Protect is off
[16661.395584] sd 3:0:0:0: [sdd] Mode Sense: 2f 00 00 00
[16661.395950] sd 3:0:0:0: [sdd] Write cache: disabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
[16661.398358]  sdd: sdd1
[16661.399431] sd 3:0:0:0: [sdd] Attached SCSI removable disk
[22109.597622] usb 1-1: USB disconnect, device number 10
[22109.934554] FAT-fs (sdd1): FAT read failed (blocknr 1556)
[22110.039539] FAT-fs (sdd1): FAT read failed (blocknr 1556)
[22110.091641] FAT-fs (sdd1): FAT read failed (blocknr 1556)
[22110.142127] FAT-fs (sdd1): FAT read failed (blocknr 1556)
[34195.677486] FAT-fs (sdd1): FAT read failed (blocknr 1556)
[34535.018173] aufs au_new_inode:465:fuser[12992]: Warning: Un-notified UDBA or repeatedly renamed dir, b1, ext4, control, hi2718, i341.
[34538.808782] FAT-fs (sdd1): FAT read failed (blocknr 1556)
[34538.862320] FAT-fs (sdd1): FAT read failed (blocknr 1556)
[34538.922542] FAT-fs (sdd1): FAT read failed (blocknr 1556)
[34538.977712] FAT-fs (sdd1): FAT read failed (blocknr 1556)

Governor

Post by Governor »

dimkr wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:34 pm

Should I try and post the entire output, or is there a particular section that can be of benefit

If lsmod | grep vmd returns any output, it's very likely that you're hit by the issue @Ramachandra Iyer and @ozsouth mentioned.

That command yielded no output, so that must be a good sign.

Governor

Post by Governor »

mikewalsh wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:09 pm

In almost every case of "issues" with any Linux operating system, the fault invariably lies with what's between the keyboard and the chair back....

The user.

Almost always through lack of understanding.......though confusion due to excessive, conflicting advice often plays a large part, too.

(*shrug*)

Mike. ;)

I am having problems extracting files.

/Thunderbird-portable64/DATA/
./Thunderbird-portable64/DATA/thunderbird.png
./Thunderbird-portable64/DATA/thunderbird-portable.desktop
./Thunderbird-portable64/DATA/tbtray/
./Thunderbird-portable64/DATA/tbtray/tbtray_splash
./Thunderbird-portable64/DATA/tbtray/tbtray.png
./Thunderbird-portable64/DATA/tbtray/tbtray.sh
./Thunderbird-portable64/DATA/tbtray/tbicon.png
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extraction failed!

********************************************************************************

Failed files:
> /mnt/nvme0n1p1/Downloads/Thunderbird-portable64.tar.gz

********************************************************************************

1 file(s) processed: 0 successfully, 0 skipped, 1 failed.

Finished!

williwaw

Post by williwaw »

one wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:43 pm

Hi,
but this would not explain that until recently he was able to boot fossapup64_9.5 from its internal nvme drive - if his statement below was correct ...

viewtopic.php?p=75558#p75558

peace

my first thought also, but I now see from the output of fdisk, that there are at least 4 drives in service on this laptop. I was only aware of 2 previous, the nvme (presumably internal), and a USB with easyOS installed.
the USB with easyOs installed does not seem to be one of the ones present when fdisk was run, so maybe more? Is the fdisk output abbreviated? There seems to also be a sdd looking at the dmesg
Perhaps if Gov could describe his set-up in more detail and ask for help making a diagnosis, unplug extraneous drives etc. Sometimes the problems is not where one might first assume.

Last edited by williwaw on Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
one

Post by one »

Governor wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:50 pm
dimkr wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:34 pm

That command yielded no output, so that must be a good sign.

No, it's not a good sign as I see it.

It means that the fix for @Ramayandra lyer is irrelevant for you. Your problem lies somewhere else ...

PS: I doubt it matters if the drive is in RAID or AHCI mode - some affected users don't have that choice.
But anyway - follow @dimkr's instruction in this regard.

The fix Barry Kauler did was, he compiled the kernel with vmd builtin, not as a module, so that it is available at early bootup, in the initrd.

PPS: your "problem with extracting files" is also irrelevant in this thread

peace

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

Governor wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:38 pm

When Windows crashed the last time, I was unable to resurrect it with any recovery methods including rescue CD or Macrium Reflect. The only other option I had available was to boot a Linux CD and that is how I got here.

geo_c

bigpup

Post by bigpup »

Boot the computer with the Puppy CD or USB install so you can run Gparted program.

Start Gparted with the NMVE drive selected as the drive to work on.

Should see a display showing the partitions on the drive.

Let's do a check of each partition it shows.

Right click on a partition and select check.

Then click on the green check mark at the top tool bar. (apply operations)

Is it finding any errors or reporting everything OK?

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

Return to “Beginners Help”