How does Fatdog recover released files?

Moderators: kirk, jamesbond, p310don, JakeSFR, step, Forum moderators

fredpup1209

How does Fatdog recover released files?

Post by fredpup1209 »

Just curious why moving stuff from ~/spot/Downloads or /usr/local or whatever that's NOT on /aufs/devsave/ over onto /aufs/devsave/ doesn't always free the exact amount
of memory. I have over 700GB free on my aufs/devsave/ which makes it a great place to install stuff (plenty of room!). So now that my aufs is down to only about 800MB, I want to start moving
stuff that I can over to aufs/devsave to avoid the WARNING: Personal storage getting full, strongly recommended, etc.. warning.

Anyway, just curious how it all works on a simple level, I don't need the details. Just how can I free up more than the 800MB or so already free on my aufs and put more onto
/aufs/devsave.

It's working, just not as well as I'd hoped.

No major problems, but here's the output of df -h, I'm running Fatdog like 7.21 or something, I forget:

df.jpg
df.jpg (48.98 KiB) Viewed 341 times

Thanks.

I can't get the columns above to format no matter what I try so I need to use a pic, hold on

jamesbond

Re: How does Fatdog recover released files?

Post by jamesbond »

Open terminal, run ncdu /aufs/pup_save, that should give you an idea of the largest files in your savefile. You can then choose to move them, or to delete them.

Remember to run aufs_reval (from terminal) if you move/delete files directly from within /aufs/pup_save.

Return to “FatDog”