HDMI Cables Upgraded supporting new Standards

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.

Moderator: Forum moderators

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Last edited by Clarity on Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikewalsh

Re: HDMI Cables have CHANGED (2022-11-01)

Post by mikewalsh »

@Clarity :-

Please don't make one-line posts with just a link. All this means is that users HAVE to click on the link in order to see what you've posted about.....and that's NOT good "netiquette".

This is NOT me having a go at you; I would say the same to any member who did this. In forum terms, it's considered psychological manipulation.....and is frowned upon, in all manner of fora globally. Apart from that, it's considered to be "lazy" posting..! :o

At least give a short description, even if it's only a couple of lines. Thanks.

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Hi mike,
I would have assumed that both the title and the sentence would have been enough to offer the content of the site for anyone interested, using, or will use HDMI cables to match the HDMI abilities of units they have in their homes.

For an example, how would you have share the same knowledge for member knowledge. I'd appreciate your example.

Thanks in advance, Mike.

Wiz57

Post by Wiz57 »

Clarity wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:07 am

Hi mike,
I would have assumed that both the title and the sentence would have been enough to offer the content of the site for anyone interested, using, or will use HDMI cables to match the HDMI abilities of units they have in their homes.

For an example, how would you have share the same knowledge for member knowledge. I'd appreciate your example.

Thanks in advance, Mike.

We've been down this road before Clarity...remember? I gave you some examples as well...you're just being obstinate at this point, and
I'm wondering if it does any good to explain anything to you. Perhaps if I deleted all those one-liners for "spam" it would get your attention??
Then again, probably not. On other forums I moderate, that is exactly what happens to these type of spam posts...deleted with extreme
prejudice, and sometimes results in banning from the forum.
Wiz

Signature available upon request

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

I am under the impression that the title and the phrase was adequate. I am not the one who makes a post with opinionated sentencing to steer the reader or viewers thought of what the contents mean to them. As such I have adjusted, in my opinion, to phrase things without my personal leading the member in thought...as I find leading someone to a position on someone work, document, or media is WRONG.

IF you want to help, stop being critical and show me, again, how both of you feel the topic that I've opened is misleading or does NOT convey the information contained in the author's document that is reference.

Its not a sales site nor a site that indicates someone must subscribe to some vendor or a vendor's product. Its neither sales related, does not solicit information from its readers, nor is misleading from its title or the title of this thread.

Offer your version of announcing this document, PLEASE, and stop discussing a past where no user has been misguided or negatively affected by this or any references I make for users to decide if the info is pertinent to their knowledge. Again, PLEASE.

No disrespect to either of you.

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

Come off it, Clarity. You can climb down off your soapbox, 'cos you're not doing yourself ANY "favours" here by constantly disputing everything we request of you. And playing the injured party all the time gets old.....REAL fast. It's like the boy who cried "Wolf!", y'know?

As Wiz57 quite rightly says, on most other fora you would have been "history", long before now. Our community is extremely easy-going - as is our largely 'hands-off' approach, OK? Nobody is asking anything major of you, and neither does anyone wish to ban you for any reason. But there ARE a few largely 'unspoken' rules of etiquette that are tacitly understood by all without needing to be written down. Yet you just blithely ignore them in your eagerness to post about anything and everything that you consider to be of interest to the rest of us.

I'm sure many members DO find your links to be of interest, as do I on occasion.....I'm not disputing that. But across the 'net, standard practice is that when linking to an article, the poster should at least give a short, concise explanation of what it is you're linking TO. Is that so hard to understand?

After all, you're usually quite verbose in most of your posts. Why so reticent when linking to an article? A short description of at least a couple of lines is the accepted 'norm' for such things in all the fora I've ever been a part of. It's not asking much, is it?

It's not the content you're linking to, nor is it the fact of your posting about it. It's simply the way you write the post itself. That's ALL it is, mate.

5 words doesn't really "cut it", I'm afraid. And why on earth should a forum member of long-standing like yourself need "examples", hm? You've obviously got a brain.....quite an intelligent one, I should say. It would be appreciated if you'd actually use it in future.

(And if you feel that to be an insult, well.....you're not as "grown-up" as I thought. Most folks would take this in their stride, instead of making a mountain out of such a minor molehill.....but nooo; Clarity sees the slightest hint of criticism as a 'personal attack'. Jeez.) :roll:

Mike. :|

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

I get it Mik, as you have problems with me as your favorite individual for some reason of your past.

So could I request your permission to allow me to send my findlings, like this to either of you for your adjustments and approvals before sharing it with forum members?

Your past show you find many of my wordings in posts not exactly to your liking. So, with your approval, I will route thru you for your corrections to meet a proper position that you want forum members to gain the 'little' knowledge I try to share.

Question
Would you find that acceptable to either of you?

P.S. I have noticed that neither of you have offered any insight that you feel would be useful for members pertaining to this hardware knowledge. Why are you directing your anger at me?

Last edited by Clarity on Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiz57

Post by Wiz57 »

Sorry Clarity, but I am not going to write your posts for you. You were given examples about a year ago...heck fire man, just
a simple "copy, cut and paste" of an introductory paragraph at the linked to site would help! I can guarantee you, as a long
time user of various "nets", WWW, BBSes, and such, almost all posts with just a link are not going to be clicked on by me!!!
Sorry dude, I've kept EVERY system I've ever connected to some net completely uninfected by malware of any kind, and that
is the FIRST thing security pros will try to point out..."Never click on unknown links"! This spans some 35 years or more of
some "connected" usage. Only malware I ever had...well, let's just say it was for "research" and leave it at that, as those days
are long over for me!
Wiz

Signature available upon request

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

@Wiz57 I'd like to comment on your anger, butit is way beyond anything I find helpful. I feel you would be unwilling to listen anyway to anything I might offer. In the scholarly realm, This form of referencing, outside of footnoting and crediting authorship is acceptable. Again if you feel that I am sharing damaging reference points or damaging information, here, then please point that out. So far you have NOT done so, yet are suggesting a negative behavior is occurring. Everyone one of us make attempts to share information in a useful manner on the forum. If its someone whose style you like, that acceptable, but if there is a dislike, you want to assert that there is "creditable threat coming from them".

If you find the author of the referenced document has produced incorrect information or guidance, please share that here as well..

Thanks for following the thread.

Help members with insights of the document that you feel is pertinent. if you have any thoughts of such, it would be certainly appreciated by me and I am sure others too. HDMI is a hardware standard and information on how we use it can be helpful, IMHO.

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

I think, after review, the title of this thread might better serve with a change. I have just changed it from "HDMI Cables have CHANGED (2022-11-01)" to this; "HDMI Cables Upgraded supporting new Standards"

geo_c

Re: HDMI Cables Upgraded supporting new Standards

Post by geo_c »

@Clarity

I can offer a suggestion, as I'm also hesitant to click on any link without some idea of what I'm connecting to.

Here's my sample, it probably takes another 60 seconds of typing:

HDMI Cables Upgraded supporting New Standards

Information on new standards and their support can be found in this digitaltrends.com article, in particular paragraph two discussing the new "direct-to-brain-implant" standard allowing your thoughts to be visually displayed on an HDMI monitor:

***link***

geo_c
Old School Hipster, and Such

Clarity

Re: HDMI Cables Upgraded supporting new Standards

Post by Clarity »

HDMI Cable layout

HDMI v2.1a
HDMI v2.1a
HDMI-cable-breakdown-DPL-Labs.jpg (49.59 KiB) Viewed 515 times

From this diagram, I am curious if the PC has a pathway to know which version HDMI device he is talking to.

Just curiousHDMI Cable layout

Return to “Hardware”