How to print color with Toshiba e-Studio2510AC printer?

New to Puppy and have questions? Start here

Moderator: Forum moderators

lizardidi

How to print color with Toshiba e-Studio2510AC printer?

Post by lizardidi »

Help Needed: How to install Toshiba e-Studio2510AC printer driver (Need to print colour)

Puppy version: Dpup Stretch (32 bit) frugally installed in a 32Gb Pendrive
Host PC: Dell Optiplex 7020
Printer: Toshiba e-Studio2510AC attached via network

In my work place, we have a Toshiba e-Studio2510AC printer attached via network. With lots of trial and errors using the .ppd file for Toshiba e-ST450/452 series downloaded from the openprinting.org, I installed it using CUPs and happily find out that I am able to print black & white documents using the printer.

The problem is, currently I am working on a new project that I need to print many documents in color mode. After some checking, I found out Toshiba actually released CUPs driver for this printer model.

The link is here: https://www.toshibatec.eu/support/drive ... UDIO2510AC

As you all can see in the "TOSHIBA e-STUDIO CUPS v7.114 (101KB)" section, I downloaded the .zip files, extracted it.
Basically the zip files contain 2 type of files, ie:
(1) filter file - "est6550_Authentication"
(2) printer PPD file - "TOSHIBA_ColorMFP_CUPs"

So, I placed the "est6550_Authentication" file in /usr/lib/cups/filter/
Then, I open CUPs using browser, and install my printer using socket connection and the printer IP address, then i select the new PPD file

However, this method failed as I couldn't print any bw or color documents no matter how i tweaked it.

Note: Using my Windows machine, when print in color, a little box will appear, and we need to key in correct id in order to print color. But that did not happen here. A search from the old forum couldn't yield much help too. Thanks and highly appreciate if someone can teach me how to do it correctly as I am a linux novice.
:)

Return to “Beginners Help”