FAT DOG Linux<puppy> variant

Moderators: kirk, jamesbond, p310don, JakeSFR, step, Forum moderators

chilibowl

FAT DOG Linux<puppy> variant

Post by chilibowl »

:P :welcome:

Howdy -fellow linux users /abusers,

Iwant to try FATDOG PUPPY on my Machine -is this still a Viable OS for Web useage or Multi Media??

Any advantages of it versus Fossa Pup 9.5??

regards -chilibowl :thumbup2: :thumbup2:

wiak

Re: FAT DOG Linux<puppy> variant

Post by wiak »

The howto section is a place used to give other forum members recipes in the form of a list of instructions. Since your post is not a howto you would be better to post you request on fatdog thread. Of course fatdog has multimedia apps, like all distros here, including fossapup

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

step

Post by step »

chilibowl wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:17 pm

Howdy -fellow linux users /abusers,

Howdy chilibowl

Iwant to try FATDOG PUPPY on my Machine -is this still a Viable OS for Web useage or Multi Media??

It is. The default web browser is SeaMonkey 2.49.5(*). You may install the latest firefox and google chrome from the Control Panel and use those instead of or alongside SeaMonkey. The default media player is vlc-3.0.17.3(*). Other multimedia players and applications can be installed from the Fatdog64 package manager.
_____
(*)The distribution ISO may include a slightly older version, but you can easily upgrade it from the Fatdog64 package manager.

Any advantages of it versus Fossa Pup 9.5??

I hesitate to give you an answer because I seldom use Puppy Linux. Fatdog is my primary OS (see links in my signature).

Neo_78

Post by Neo_78 »

FatDog64's documentation is a good starting point and answers many questions that I had in the beginning:

https://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/web/faqs/faq.html

And if you don't find an answers, the great developer team and community always provided help and guidance on this forum. :thumbup2:

Return to “FatDog”