upupBB-18.05 + ZoneMinder, a 32 bit Remaster

Moderator: Forum moderators

rockedge
Site Admin

upupBB-18.05 + ZoneMinder, a 32 bit Remaster

Post by rockedge »

A network and local security camera system. Modern CCTV in a small footprint. Reliable and proven Puppy Linux version as base.

Almost forgot about this remaster I put together some time ago. It's upupBB-18.05 or what I call "Bionic32" with Zoneminder and zmNinja built in.

BionicZM

Also another version ->
Bionic32-8.0+12-ZM.iso

In this ready to boot distro is a ready to go Zoneminder-1.30.4 served on a Hiawatha, MySQL, PHP 7.2.7 web server. With all the stock components in the original upupBB-18.05 this 32 bit distro is good on older machines. Also included is PhpMyAdmin to administer databases.

This BionicZM is outfitted with a purpose built 32 bit kernel 4.17.9 (made with the kernel-kit).

Zoneminder 1.30.4 is old, but this is a very stable version and is well suited for machines long in the tooth. This distro runs Zoneminder out of the box.

Screenshot(20).jpg
Screenshot(20).jpg (21.82 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
Screenshot(21).jpg
Screenshot(21).jpg (26.34 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
Screenshot(22).jpg
Screenshot(22).jpg (34.88 KiB) Viewed 1506 times

This Puppy runs great in QEMU, VirtualBox and Docker containers. Most likely in an EasyOS container as well.

wiak

Re: upupBB-18.05 + ZoneMinder, a 32 bit Remaster

Post by wiak »

So, I was out and about on data plan with my android, which I have never mastered control of - it is fancy phone that was given to me, but I rarely use it. I clicked the download link by accident whilst seeking more info on this, and it then downloaded 500MB iso to my phone... hahaha on me. No problem tho - I still have more data left than I ever use on stupid phone. Usually I just using wifi connection anyway, just not today...

https://www.tinylinux.info/
DOWNLOAD wd_multi for hundreds of 'distros' at your fingertips: viewtopic.php?p=99154#p99154
Αξίζει να μεταφραστεί;

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Like you, I, from time to time have also downloaded similarly.

For over a decade, I have used SMB client apps to move information (files) from my phone to my PUPs running SAMBA across my LAN. Its almost as simple as drag and drop movements done using PUP PCs. (Be careful because some available apps are junk and full of ads, while other free apps are very straight-forward in their use)

I love KLV as it understands and includes SAMBA, OOTB within the distro.

dogcat

Broken link - upupBB-18.05 + ZoneMinder, a 32 bit Remaster

Post by dogcat »

Link to .iso in first post no longer works.

μακάριοι οἱ δεδιωγμένοι ἕνεκεν δικαιοσύνης, ὅτι αὐτῶν ἐστιν ἡ βασιλεία τῶν οὐρανῶν.

ally

Post by ally »

dogcat

Post by dogcat »

Good one ally, Thanks :)

μακάριοι οἱ δεδιωγμένοι ἕνεκεν δικαιοσύνης, ὅτι αὐτῶν ἐστιν ἡ βασιλεία τῶν οὐρανῶν.

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

Also another 32 bit version ->
Bionic32-8.0+12-ZM.iso

Base Bionic upup-18.05 ISO upgraded to Delta 12

dogcat

Post by dogcat »

Hi rockedge, thanks for sharing these.

My comments and suggestions refer only to the original "BionicZM" (bionic-zm.iso) posted to this thread.

I am using this bionic-zm.iso to run an older version of the open source webtrees genealogy software version 1.7.20 that matches nicely to the MySQL Distrib 10.1.34-MariaDB, PHP Version 7.2.7, and Hiawatha Version 10.8.7 that you used, logging in from locahost and now running with a freshly created MySQL database and user for webtrees that were created using the phpmyadmin program that you included in this .iso, there are no issues. I also changed the kernel to version 4.9.163 from latest 32-bit Puppy Bionic release with no problems. Sorry I can't report much on the ZoneMinder program itself except that the ZoneMinder program fires right up - that is as far as I can test Zoneminder as I have no monitor/camera to play with. I can confirm the Hiawatha server, PHP and MySQL are all working perfect with the webtrees program.

Did not see the following credentials anywhere (though they probably were)
Some login credentials for phpmyadmin if anyone is wondering
http://localhost/phpmyadmin (for setting up a new database and user)
L: root
P: admin

In summary, this iso makes a good base for anyone that wants to test/run a local puppy linux http server as all the prep work of compiling and installing PHP, MySQL and Hiawatha has already been done. I was pleasantly suprised that it all still worked with the kernel substitution (the original 4.17.9 kernel was hanging at shutdown on the laptop in case anybody wondering why changed).

The webtrees program I referred to in this post is designed to run from a web server as a stand-alone genealogy program that faces the internet, it has logins, admins, email, etc. and is designed for multi-person collaboration for adding to an already existing GEDCOM or building your genealogy from scratch. I used the server and tools that rockedge built into this .iso to run the program locally on my computer with no website or network needed. Similar to GRAMPS except web based with a shorter learning curve, and open source. Their forum is at https://www.webtrees.net/index.php/en/forum and I recommend it the same as I recommend Puppy Linux.

grey38

Post by grey38 »

This is really cool. I love little specific purpose distros like this.

greengeek

Post by greengeek »

Can this utilise usb webcams, or does it require IP cams?

rockedge
Site Admin

Post by rockedge »

greengeek wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:15 am

Can this utilise usb webcams, or does it require IP cams?

Yes, webcams, network IP cams and some streams from the web. ZM can communicate with most cameras.

At he moment my Zoneminder platform(s) at home use 2 webcams and one IP net cam. Older computers can struggle with multiple webcams connected via USB, but newer machines will handle them well.

Return to “Re-masters”