Superultimate Chinese Checkers 1.13

Moderator: Forum moderators

mouldy

Superultimate Chinese Checkers 1.13

Post by mouldy »

Look to bottom of this page: http://chinesecheckers.vegard2.net/freeware.html This is only download of it that I found, the developers webpage is long gone.

This is pretty good version, alas you have to go download and install 32bit windows java which is around 80MB. Look for jdk-6u25-windows-i586.exe on site you trust (like sourceforge), if you dont want to register with oracle. Is it worth it... meh, like say its a good version, but there are some other smaller versions not needing java, that arent horrible. The Jon Atkins linux version that used to be on old Puppy forum seems to need recompiling or something. Muggins back in day updated it at one point to where it was improved.

There is an old DOS version that runs well in dosbox and looks good, but the computer player is not very strong.

EDIT: Ok, tried messing with sdlCC 64bit pet in EasyOS. Got dependencies met (mostly sim links to current version libraries) BUT then got libpthread undefined symbol error so gave up. Assume it needs to be recompiled with current version Puppy/Easy.

mouldy

Re: Superultimate Chinese Checkers 1.13

Post by mouldy »

Well, seems Superultimate had a surprise, AI opponent started making snarky verbal comments. I didnt look, probably way to turn that off if you dont want it. LOL Sometimes programs in WINE, not all features work immediately. It really is a good version chinese checkers with multiple AI level opponents. But its downside is requiring windows java. Still you have room and like CC, you wont regret it.

If space is problem then sdlCC pet is way to go. I dont have the development sfs downloaded for this version EasyOS or would compile it. Or for a kid, run that old DOS version in dosbox, its not much of AI opponent but it looks ok. If you have WINE, even old WINE, there is a windows version very similar that maybe is bit smoother.

Oh tried another windows CC called XT on that same page. It brings up gui interface but wont let mouse or keyboard interact so no way to actually play. I didnt try it recently but think the Bordeaux one works in WINE, cant really remember anything about it. You just have to try any that look interesting. Several there are pretty crude and not well developed. Sort of like some student did them for class project twenty or thirty years ago, then abandoned them. There is also a linux gnome CC, but its ancient and I didnt try getting it to work. Apparently abandoned some time ago.

muggins

Re: Superultimate Chinese Checkers 1.13

Post by muggins »

@Mouldy,

I don't know if you've tried this java based one:

viewtopic.php?p=67048#p67048

It is large download, but does have a chinese checkers game with AI opponent.

Return to “WINE 32 Bit”