How Do I Install Cinema HD on My Linux laptop?

Moderator: Forum moderators

aishwarya

How Do I Install Cinema HD on My Linux laptop?

Post by aishwarya »

I'm seeing that lots of Cinema HD users are installing the app on their computers through emulators. But, I couldn't find any possible solution for my Linux (Kernal OS). I've tried with Bluestacks several times but it suddenly stops working for me. Can anyone know the guide to installing it?

Most of the windows users are already using this app and enjoying their movie hours for free with their laptops. It would be great if get a solution. The official website has already added the installation guide to Linux, but it seems not working for me?

mikeslr

Re: How Do I Install Cinema HD on My Linux laptop?

Post by mikeslr »

Hi moderator(s).
Please move this thread to either the User's or Additional Software > Media Sections. Or perhaps the Virtualization Section. In order to install Cinema HD, you first have to install the Shashlik application, "a set of software utility that allows Linux users to run or install android APKs on their respective Linux/GNU platforms. It achieves by using a stripped-down version of Android instead of emulating version, which is nested inside the user session." See link in aishwarya's post.

Thought there was a Section specifically about running Android Apps. But it being "pre-breakfast" for me I not going to spend the time to find it.

This Section is for providing 'How to" information; not asking it.

@ aishwarya: Always tell us which Puppy you are using. The link from web-post you cited to the Shashlik platform application seems to be broken. There's a version at github, https://github.com/yui0/shashlik/releases now 5 years old and the binary is packaged as an rpm. That tells me its neither a Slackware nor 'Ubuntu/debian' build. Source codes are also at that link -- if you care to compile your own. And even if you can find the 'deb' your link indicated, remember that Puppys are neither debians nor Ubuntu. OOTB Puppys would likely be missing libraries expected by the deb.

At any rate, getting Cinema HD to run under any Puppy is likely to be a long, up-hill battle.

p.s., and post-breakfast :) :
Cinema HD enables you to get thousands of movies and TV series...watch and download movies and TV series completely free...you will get high quality videos without buffering. https://cinemahd.onl/
Before embarking on the up-hill battle, it might be wise to ask what Cinema HD has that is not already available applications under Linux --such as Kodi? And/or for downloading a combination of a web-browser, a video downloader addon/extension with or without uget?

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@aishwarya :-

I tend to agree with Mike. What does CinemaHD offer that can't be accessed either via Kodi - as a desktop client - OR thru multiple online streaming platforms.....NetFlix, Vimeo, Amazon Prime, DailyMotion, to name but a few?

Windows-only? Need to run via an Android emulator? It sounds like a very long uphill struggle ahead, if you ask me....

T'other Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Grey

Post by Grey »

mikeslr wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:36 pm

Hi moderator(s).
Please move this thread
In order to install Cinema HD, you first have to install the Shashlik application,

Until the questioner asks something else or gives signs of life... I will consider the first post an advertisement for the corresponding program :) Besides, bots are very tricky right now.

Shashlik in Russian means meat fried with onion rings on skewers. I eat it once a year, on May 1 (this is a holiday). The rest of the year I eat different porridges (according to my calculations, 12 types of porridges :) ).
Shashlik:

Шашлык.jpg
Шашлык.jpg (127.19 KiB) Viewed 986 times

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

p310don

Post by p310don »

I will consider the first post an advertisement for the corresponding program

That was my vibe from this post...

Return to “Multimedia”