PIPEWIRE controls of system's audio hardware

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.

Moderator: Forum moderators

Clarity

PIPEWIRE controls of system's audio hardware

Post by Clarity »

In Linux, everything is a file. In Pipewire, everything is a "node"... everything!

Pipewire has mature to a level of stability as it moves to consistency across releases.

Now the prime issue has elevated to which visual manager will come out on top. There are some very neat ones and I hope the 'EASIEST" to use wins over size. The concept that Pipewire brings is 'revolutionary', the easiest to understand in use, will only speed its adoption.

Pipewire, essentially, collapses 4 past audio subsystems into a single Linux subsystem for simplicity in both concept and use.

The visual managers contending for clear understanding and use:

• QJackCtl

• WirePlumber

• Carla

• VOICEMEETER

3 videos have surfaced in past week on youtube that are excellent for Pipewire.

It is hoped that PUP developers will make this easy and simple to understand, universally.

taersh

Re: PIPEWIRE controls of system's audio hardware

Post by taersh »

:shock: I don't understand this. :shock:

There's already JACK to handle different audio programs to one single audio hardware.
Programs for JACK and also JACK itself seem to work very well.
Since programs need to be extended/updated/re-coded to use PIPEWIRE they should make all programs work with JACK instead.
I fear in the near future GNU/Linux users will have to hassle again with getting audio properly to work.
Hopefully they will have everything running properly and stable before this will make its way into PUPPY.

My Music:
https://soundcloud.com/user-633698367
Using my own build of Bionic64
The far-left is as fascist as the far-right is!

Clarity

Re: PIPEWIRE controls of system's audio hardware

Post by Clarity »

I think JACK users will be happy, as all of audio users too. And as is the case with EVERYTHING, "we older peoples will struggle a little as we adapt while young people will slide right in, easily, as if there is no past!"

Have you seen the recent videos over the past couple of weeks alerting not only success but ease of use?

Here's are 3 I've seen that may be helpful:

Return to “Hardware”