French Language Pack

Language Packs

Moderator: Forum moderators

esmourguit

French Language Pack

Post by esmourguit »

French Language pack for Puppy Linux. Maintained and provided by JJ Moulinier a.k.a. Esmourguit

Updated on March 02 2022

Langpack_fr_WoofCE-20220302.pet

Argolance

Re: French Language Pack

Post by Argolance »

Bonjour,
Currently testing/running latest Puppies, especially JammyPup32 by peebee, I noticed, as BologneChe wrote:

BologneChe wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:23 am

[...] Small problem with JWM (frequent error code) when I install the following french langpack https://forum.puppylinux.com/viewtopic.php?t=5166 [...]

This language pack seems rather made for EasyOS and, unless I'm mistaken, many translation files are incomplete or missing. I plan to complete this language pack first for my own use but eventually for French speaking users who might be interested, and at the same time find out why it makes such a mess (black screen when you want to change a theme or tweak one, which makes it impossible to do any work if you use this pack!)
Something intrigues me though. The JWM window manager normally has its own translation file jwm.mo and it is currently overwritten by another file with the same name but concerning the jwm configuration application (jwm-config.mo). So the window title bar menu is not translated, nor are the JWM specific strings. Wouldn't this need a fix or am I wrong?
Regards.

Return to “Internationalization”