Wine in VoidPup64 Solved

Moderator: Forum moderators

mikeslr

Wine in VoidPup64 Solved

Post by mikeslr »

Duprate has published a 32-bit Compatibility SFS for VoidPup64. Link from here, viewtopic.php?p=48613#p48613. Thanks again, Duprate.

The link from that post will take you to his google-drive where you'll also find a version of the portable-wine.sfs, and an SFS that includes both 32-bit Compatibility and Wine.

I already have portable-wine 'fleshed-out'. So I loaded his 32-bit Compatibility SFS, then registered my portable-wine. I was pleased to find that everything worked.

Under VoidPup64, with the 32-bit compatibility SFS loaded and portable-wine registered, only 372 Mbs of RAM --not including cache and buffers-- were used on boot-up; that is only 372 Mbs of RAM were not available for other work.

mikeslr

Re: Wine in VoidPup64 Solved> Then Kind-of Unsolved

Post by mikeslr »

See the discussion here. https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/postin ... it&p=60158. Short explanation: Version 6 of VoidPup64 brought the woof implementation of 'usr-merge' to VoidPup64. 'usr-merge' requires that all libraries be located in /usr/lib preventing packages not following that requirement from running. Duprates package no longer functioned.

As of the current date, the only way I've found to run wine is to use an AppImage --such as wine-staging-- and follow MikeWalsh's recipe here, https://www.forum.puppylinux.com/viewto ... 203#p23203 PLUS one other step.

Locate an exe, Right-Click it and select 'Set Run Action'. Enter the following in the 'Enter a Shell Command' Box:
wine32 "$@"

Well, all you have to do is enter wine32 space before the "$@".

Duh: wine "$@" doesn't cut it. :roll: Wish I had thought of that a couple hours ago. :cry:

Return to “WINE 64 BIt”