[PHOTO] exiv2

Rantanplan

[PHOTO] exiv2

Post by Rantanplan »

Bonjour,

pour ceux qui connaissent, exiv2 permet de faire beaucoup de choses que je ne détaillerai pas ici : une recherche sur la toile vous aidera davantage que je ne pourrai le faire.

Vous pouvez commencer par le site https://exiv2.org/

C'est d'ailleurs à l'occasion d'une recherche que j'ai trouvé une syntaxe qui permet d'extraire les vignettes (thumbnail en pas espéranto, ni en italien, ni en allemand, ni en tamoul, ni en français :D ).

Voici la syntaxe à utiliser pour extraire la vignette de chaque photo contenue dans un répertoire :

Code: Select all

exiv2 -et *.jpg

À l'issue du traitement, chaque vignette conserve le nom d'origine de la photo augmenté d'un suffixe "-thumb".
Là, j'ai mis comme extension .jpg, mais bien sûr, il faut adapter la syntaxe à son besoin et après s'être assuré que le format des photos à traiter est supporté par exiv2.

Voilà, c'est tout, c'est peu.

Salutations cordiales à toutes et tous.

April

Re: [PHOTO] exiv2 -exif I suppose.

Post by April »

Can anybody translate this please as I may be able to answer it if I know what they want.
I dropped out of french, stupidly.

I must keep that page ..I put translate in DuckDuck and then copied the text in.

for those who know, exiv2 allows you to do many things that I will not detail here: a search on the web will help you more than I can. You can start with the https://exiv2.org/ site It is also during a search that I found a syntax that allows to extract the thumbnail (thumbnail in Esperanto step, neither in Italian, nor in German, nor in Tamil, nor in French :D). Here is the syntax to use to extract the thumbnail of each photo contained in a directory: CODE: SELECT ALL exiv2 -and *.jpg At the end of processing, each thumbnail retains the original name of the photo plus a "-thumb" suffix. There, I put as an extension.jpg, but of course, you have to adapt the syntax to its need and after having made sure that the format of the photos to be processed is supported by exiv2. That's it, that's all, it's little. Cordial greetings to all.

Well I have been using "exif" for many many years to remove data from pictures before they go on public view.
Didn't know there was an exif2 but exif is available on all Puppy PPM's as far as I am aware .
Ill go look for exif2 maybe?

On the download link on the above page is a linux_64 download file and an md5 sum there too .
Inside the tar.gz file is exiv2 binary which works OK and others . Interesting .Thanks

Code: Select all

root# exiv2 IMG_20211003_100544.jpg
File name       : IMG_20211003_100544.jpg
File size       : 2201411 Bytes
MIME type       : image/jpeg
Image size      : 1920 x 2560
Camera make     : HUAWEI
Camera model    : HUAWEI LUA-L02
Image timestamp : 2021:10:03 10:05:45
Image number    : 
Exposure time   : 1/100 s
Aperture        : F2.4
Exposure bias   : 0 EV
Flash           : Fired
Flash bias      : 
Focal length    : 3.5 mm
Subject distance: 
ISO speed       : 72
Exposure mode   : Not defined
Metering mode   : Center weighted average
Macro mode      : 
Image quality   : 
Exif Resolution : 1920 x 2560
White balance   : Auto
Thumbnail       : image/jpeg, 14061 Bytes
Copyright       : 
Exif comment    : 

root# 

Looks like a bit more is needed for some of the other binaries so maybe someone might consider making a pet?

The Australian State Governments have all enacted laws to steal your assets on your death. All legal paperwork is binned and all assets seized on one disgruntled child's complaint.Move them well before you die or go into a home.

oui

Re: [PHOTO] exiv2

Post by oui »

Let me tell you ,nothing is safe with Google . They do not respect your privacy in any way no matter what you agree to and what they say . They are a snooping bunch of Bastards!
Uncontrolled and probably uncontrollable . We must fight to keep them out.

please read my msg (sorry: in French :o ):

viewtopic.php?t=4347&p=41948#p41948

it is not about google but about privacy and cookies and infos unvolontary let in save files etc. if the PC you did use will be open by other :o ...

Return to “Pour les francophones”