ca certificates, two Java versions, and mojang authentication servers

New to Puppy and have questions? Start here

Moderator: Forum moderators

orineu

ca certificates, two Java versions, and mojang authentication servers

Post by orineu »

All I want to do is play Minecraft.

Well, that's not true. All I want to do is play a specifically modded version of minecraft that requires (specifically) Java 8, while my friends are online, and a more vanilla version of minecraft that requires (specifically) Java 1.16 when they're not. There is no issue with me logging into remote servers with the Java version 1.16, but the Java 8 version constantly returns, "Mojang authentication servers are down", so I went down a rabbit hole and figured out that maybe this has to do with out-of-date ca-certificates in the Java 8 installation. Easy fix, right?

I installed Java 8 from the ppm, and Java 1.16 from a tarball, meaning I can find the 1.16 files in the file explorer, but not the Java 8 files, so I cannot simply copy the known-good certs into the older version's folder. I uninstalled the Java 8 certs using the ppm, and now it warns me not to install any certs because the 1.16 certs are already installed.

But the minecraft multiplayer launcher still can't contact the mojang ssl widget. How do I get Java 8 to "see" Java 1.16's ca-certificates?

Phoenix

Re: ca certificates, two Java versions, and mojang authentication servers

Post by Phoenix »

The launcher itself should be fine. Do you mean that the game itself won't connect? As well, Xbox servers recently went down so that might be the problem.

IRC: firepup | Time to hack Puppy!

bigpup

Re: ca certificates, two Java versions, and mojang authentication servers

Post by bigpup »

What specific Puppy version??????

Forum Global Moderator
The things you do not tell us, are usually the clue to fixing the problem.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be older.
This is not what I expected :o

Return to “Beginners Help”