DeaDBeeF : 64-bit v1.9.1, & 32-bit v0.7.2, in 'portable' format

Moderator: Forum moderators

mikewalsh

DeaDBeeF : 64-bit v1.9.1, & 32-bit v0.7.2, in 'portable' format

Post by mikewalsh »

Aye; I'm at it again..!

The statically-compiled DeadBeef Linux builds are essentially in portable format anyway; everything in a single, self-contained directory. I've just given them a helping hand; keeping the config files within the directory - these are symlinked into position at runtime, and removed again at close - and giving y'all the ability to add a Menu entry if you wish.

Two versions available; 64-bit v1.9.1 - the current 'stable' - and the final 'static' build the team supplied as 32-bit....v0.7.2 (still fully functional, and should be for a good long while to come).

D/l; unzip; put it anywhere you want, though preferably outside the 'save'. You can even run it from a flash drive, if you like.

-------------------------------------------------------------

If anybody's interested, you can find them here:-

https://mega.nz/folder/rThCgbqJ#6Xzxdzppqg-gOIr8baW_qA

Have fun! Enjoy...

Mike. ;)

Grey

DeadBeef. Reading and writing playlists in DBPL binary format

Post by Grey »

mikewalsh wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:30 pm

DeadBeef

I don't know if this is the right topic, maybe it should be in How-To. But I already started here :)

After the hardware upgrade, the paths to the music files have changed, and my favorite Deadbeef stores playlists in its own format (.dbpl), which does not open in Geany.

Playlists are stored in /root/.config/deadbeef/playlists/. I can use a hex editor. But there is also another way.

Python script and library for changing the path to music files in Deadbeef playlists. PyPI page. And here is a script utility for manipulating with the above library.
Just checked it out. Works great. My gratitude for this library goes to St. Petersburg - thank you, Evgeny!

Fossapup OS, Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, 64 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Rx with amplifier + Yamaha speakers for loud sound, USB Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro V3 + headphones for quiet sound.

mikewalsh

Re: DeaDBeeF v1.8.8.....64-bit, in 'portable' format

Post by mikewalsh »

@Grey :-

I don't tend to run playlists, as such. I'll load an album if, as & when I want to listen to it, but then it'll be removed when I'm finished. More than anything else, I use it for listening to a .pls audio stream from the web.

I've had a basic, paid a/c with RadioTunes for a few years now. One of the 'perks' you get with a subscription is the ability to d/l all your favourite 'stations' as a combined .pls stream (which includes your 'listen' key ID). You can then run this in your media player of choice, so long as it supports a .pls stream.

VLC will. SMPlayer will. Audacious will. And, of course, my all-time fave, DeaDBeeF.....so that's what it gets the most use with.

Mike. ;)

mikewalsh

Re: DeaDBeeF : 64-bit v1.8.8, & 32-bit v0.7.2, in 'portable' format

Post by mikewalsh »

32-bit version of DeaDBeeF-portable added; see post #1 for details.

Enjoy.

Mike. ;)

mikewalsh

Re: DeaDBeeF : 64-bit v1.9.1, & 32-bit v0.7.2, in 'portable' format

Post by mikewalsh »

Afternoon, gang.

DeaDBeeF v1.9.1 - in 64-bit only - has just been released. So here's the new Puppy-'portable' for your delectation.

A few new libs added; not entirely certain what they're for, but I assume that since one of them is libcurl it must be either to do with downloading stuff, or - more likely - for playing streaming stuff. Which I use DeaDBeeF for myself, via a RadioTunes a/c.

--------------------------------

As always:-

• Download.

• Unzip.

• Move anywhere you like, but preferably outside the 'save'.

• Click to enter.

• Click 'LAUNCH' to run as a portable, or use the included scripts to add a Menu entry for greater system integration, if required.

Enjoy.

Mike. ;)

Amol

Re: DeaDBeeF : 64-bit v1.9.1, & 32-bit v0.7.2, in 'portable' format

Post by Amol »

Hello mikewalsh !
Run great for me your app.BIG THANKS !!

Return to “Multimedia”