Wired internet connection problem Solved

Moderator: Forum moderators

Ioan

Wired internet connection problem Solved

Post by Ioan »

Hello
I had installed Puppy Linux on USB and couldn't connect to innternet through wire connection .
I have solved it and this are the steps for those who are searching a solution :
I have found on youtube :
The settings were a little different because the video was from 2011 .
So i went to Setup - Internet Connection Wizard - Wired or wireless LAN - Network Wizard - in the window appear a connection that should be eth0 but mine was enp5s0 - i click on the button enp5s0 - Auto DHCP - follow the steps from video (very simple )
I had internet connection but no internet in browser . So i have made a walk through forrest in my town Brasov and came with an ideea :
I have replaced eth0 with enp5s0 in Roaring Penguin PPPoe . The steps are :
Disable Firewall - right click on the green shield in bottom right - Turn off . Then :
Setup- Internet Connection wizzard - Roaring Penguin PPPoe - appears a window named PPPoe - press Initial configuration - appears a window with username : internet username , enp5s0 (instead of eth0 ), do you want link to come up on demand : no , enter DNS info here : opendns.com ,enter the secondary DNS : push enter , password , choose a firewall : 0 , accept these settings : y ) then I open " Connect now- Connected .
So happy !
I have tried to explain almost every step so any beginner can understand .
All the best !
PS : If you want to make a decision or don't know what to do , just make a walk in a park or in a forrest alone and think about that but not too much .

CaptGeorge

Re: Puppy Linux Wired internet connection problem Solved

Post by CaptGeorge »

I understand completely. Some of my best ideas came while I was sitting quietly in the smallest room in the house. ;)

Ioan

Re: Puppy Linux Wired internet connection problem Solved

Post by Ioan »

I am glad that you understand .
I wish you all the best !
Ioan

Return to “Network/Server”