AnyDesk-6.0-i686 .pet - install once use once?

New to Puppy and have questions? Start here

Moderator: Forum moderators

Kjellinux

AnyDesk-6.0-i686 .pet - install once use once?

Post by Kjellinux »

I have installed the AnyDesk-6.0-i686 .pet from https://mega.nz/file/maISDZrD#CbU10BZW8 ... Po6_sh5lDE. It installs without problem, it creates a menue entry under category "Network", it starts without problems and it works the way it's supposed to. Until I turn on the computer next time...

The files are still there, the menue entry is still there, but when I click the menu entry, nothing happens.

What could be the reason for this, and is there some way to fix it?

(I DID click "save" before i closed down the computer.)

Phoenix

Re: AnyDesk-6.0-i686 .pet - install once use once?

Post by Phoenix »

Its slightly unclear what is preventing it from running, try running it through terminal.

IRC: firepup | Time to hack Puppy!

Kjellinux

Post by Kjellinux »

@Phoenix

Phoenix wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 pm

Its slightly unclear what is preventing it from running, try running it through terminal.

How do I find the file to run in the terminal?

I have FocalPup32 installed on a USB with two other Puppys, each in a separate folder according to instructions given in another thread in the forum. Can this affect the behaviour of AnyDesk?

Kjellinux

Post by Kjellinux »

Kjellinux wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:06 am

I have FocalPup32 installed on a USB with two other Puppys, each in a separate folder according to instructions given in another thread in the forum. Can this affect the behaviour of AnyDesk?

I have now tried to install only FocalPup32 on a USB, with the same result as before. Directly after installation, I can start it several times, but as soon as I reboot, it stops working.

mikewalsh

Post by mikewalsh »

@Kjellinux :-

Kjellinux wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:06 am

@Phoenix

Phoenix wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 pm

How do I find the file to run in the terminal?

Whoops! My bad...

Hmm. Okay; this isn't quite as straight forward as it should be. This was a bit of a 'hack' from the start; the 'portable' I quickly turned into a .pet for you, 'on-the-fly'.....the 'portable' is under /mnt/home, with a link to /usr/bin. However, I suspect Focalpup32 is using /initrd/mnt/dev_save instead of /mnt/home, which is throwing things out.

Let's scrap this. What you want is a bog-standard .pet, that will install & run anywhere, on any Puppy. So:-

• - Uninstall the one you have, and make sure that change goes into the 'save'. Re-boot after uninstalling, just to make sure.

• - Install this:-

https://mega.nz/folder/fTRRyKib#Gxpg8NuXbik3T46MhVA6Ew

(It's a 'proper' .pet this time. All things being equal, it should work.....and with AnyDesk being so small anyway, it's really a moot point as to whether you install it to the 'save' OR run it as a 'portable'.)

Let me know if it works for you, please.

Mike. ;)

Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

Kjellinux

Post by Kjellinux »

@mikewalsh

mikewalsh wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:34 am

What you want is a bog-standard .pet, that will install & run anywhere, on any Puppy.

I think so.

mikewalsh wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:34 am

Let me know if it works for you, please.

Now AnyDesk survives the reeboot! :)

One problem remains. It still "eats RAM" at a pace of 1MB every 5-10 seconds as long as the test rigg is connected to my desktop using AnyDesk. When I control the same computer running AnyDesk installed on Lubuntu 16.04, there's no such problem. This copy of AnyDesk is downloaded as a .deb file from anydesk.com and installed using gdebi.

A new, unrelated, problem occured. I decided to try with a pristine installation of FocalPup32 on a USB of its own, formatted using the method from your excellent video. For some reason this new version would not boot. When I had a look at the download page, it turns out there's a newer version, "+8", as opposed to the one that I'm running, which is "+7". Could this new version be causing this problem?

+Me

Post by +Me »

G'day MikeWalsh, I Hope the ToyMota Corona Virus & yoU aRe Repelling each other ;-)

Please Help me getting AnyDesk ( Preferably Portable or Appimage otherwize a Pet ) Working on 8Geees Atomicpup XXI ( x32-Bit Ubuntu Based ) & Mistfires x32-bit Quickpup 21.04 ( an Updated X Slacko Slim but w/ X Package Support )

My Plan iz 2 install a Remastered Atomicpup XXI w/ AnyDesk & SMTube Blended in on Over 25x Atom NetBooks. & a Remastered Quickpup 21.04 w/ AnyDesk & SMTube Blended in on More than a Dozen Old 2014 intel Dual Core Celeron Acer C720 KromeBooks w/ MrChromeBox Firmware Flashed & Updated Because they're No longer supported by google & would otherwize be Destined 4 the Landfill!

To Begin w/ in Atomicpup, AnyDesk iz in the Network Menu without an icon, But doesn't work, so when I call it from rxvt it Returns anydesk: Error while loading shared Libraries: libsystemd.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Of course I've Spent Faa 222 Long in this ToyMota Corona Virus Lockdown here in Auckland, GodZone Looking 4 the Answers 2 these important issues. important because Skools Out ( & Businesses etc ) while We're in Lockdown & Suddenly this Legacy Hardware Becomes Useful & Relevant & Becomes Reincarnated!

in the Case of Quickpup 21.04, AnyDesk including its icon iz in the Network Menu, But Again doesn't open & when I call it from the Terminal it Returns a small Error Window saying Please do not start AnyDesk as Root User. This might lead 2 uneXpected Behaviour. On Top of a Terminal Window w/ the Following Output....

;-)K

Attachments
AnyDesk Error Screenshot_2021-09-10_13-10-21.png
AnyDesk Error Screenshot_2021-09-10_13-10-21.png (52.85 KiB) Viewed 903 times
All Blacks Rule

Return to “Beginners Help”