stemsee

SNApP (System Nonsuch ApP)

Post by stemsee »

S.N.ApP-4.8.4.8
link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15fRMWS ... io7TIgwq7H

tray.png
tray.png (143.52 KiB) Viewed 2407 times

While I was learning about system startup. I followed a trail of scripts. So I decided to add a simple function which lists files in relevant directories. Selecting a list item views and edits it, Doubleclicking executes the item. Clicking ACTION executes edits in the Viewer. Edits in the viewer can of course be saved using keyword SAVE.

Directories listed:

/etc/rc.d/*
/etc/X11/*
/root/.fatdog/*
/root/Startup/*
/etc/xdg/Startup/*
/etc/xdg/autostart/*
/etc/xdg/Openbox/*
/etc/xdg/icewm/*

So system initiation starts with the bootloader, then to the OS loader, then to the initrd init, then switch root and fire up busybox init, or rc.sysinit, rc.network, rc.services, rc.Xstartwm, rc.Xdesktop, X11, xdg, .fatdog, Startups or similar. In my opinion one script should do, copying itself from initrd to the new root before switchroot, then continuing to boot to desktop.
link in file

EDIT: S.N.ApP-4.8.2

bugfixes for wifi connect and profiles. Also for showing ether, and data limit.

features:
1) password field for indexed book.
so passworded index entries when selected have a popup gui asking for password and method. However if a plain password is used, that is exactly the same as in the password field then no method is needed, leave empty. This can be used for example with md5sum,

Code: Select all

echo 'MyPassWord' | md5sum

copy paste generated string in the Password: field. Then regenerate in a terminal and paste in the password entry field in the gui when accessing the index. In fact md5sum output becomes the password, which I know not how to decode to the original string, and the md5sum output can take an encoding method.

2) plays radio using DogRadio .desktop files , depends on mpv and DogRadio.
3) send text to ticker, currently depends on DogRadio ticker and conky.
4) IPA function when you need to input special characters.
5) screenshot with 2s delay in tray menu
6) The clock function flashes alternately local time and HongKong time.
7) replaced tests using 'busybox which' with 'type -p'

I like the use in DogRadio of .desktop files to represent radio stations, along with a chain of executable commands, a url field, icon field etc .... this is just like the fields used in the indexed books .... i see a convergence up ahead. Also a wifi network connection profile, or a book could be represented using self-contained .desktop files in this way, as well as other media, anydesk connections, website bookmark connections specifying url and browser to use ... so many possibilities.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started coding a new network configuration frontend today. With profile creation, deletion and editing.
It is also a frontend for bluetooth connection management, youtube-dl, internet radio streams and media playlists. There is a save/swap file creation function. Boot image installer. Ascii codes lookup, Color codes lookup, morse code reference, zodiac reference, Note/text edit/saving function. Keyboard layout selector, There are controls for volume, and dimmer for screen and keyboard backlight. There is a pseudo terminal function for executing commands and displaying output.

It uses svg icons to indicate signal strength/encryption/connected/open 0-120db etc ...
Simply selecting an ap generates a sample profile configuration on the fly.
Double clicking an ap connects with filled in data. Not necessary to save the configuration profile.
Random mac\hostname for scanning and connecting etc

Internet radio/ local media play with ffplay
view epubs!
etc ...

Dependencies include: yad, ffmpeg, bluez5, wpa-supplicant, wireless-tools, xsel/xclip/clipit libmbim
Optional: youtube-dl, python, bluealsa, create_ap, espeak, openvpn, mutt, libmbim, w_scan2

On opening the main_gui by clicking the tray icon, click help button for some usage tips.

Help
1) To connnect to one of the 'Profiles'
select profile in Profiles field.

Type CONNECTP in SSID field

Then click on the 'ACTION' button

2) To connect with user input
Fill in required fields then click 'ACTION' button ...
connection using data fields (SSID, BSSID, Users Password,
Users Identity, and FLAGS) will be attempted.
... in this case no profile is saved.

3) To edit and save a profile, select profile in 'Profiles' field,
click on 'Preview Profile' button
then in 'Viewer' field make required edits.

Type EDIT in SSID field and click ACTION.

Profile will overwrite or create new profile named
using contents of the 'Profile' field.
You can set a path and name... for saving notes e.g.
/root/MyNote.txt ... or for adding
radio station url or local media to /root/favourites.lst
when in netlistradiofn.

4) To delete a profile, type DELP in SSID field, select Profile in
Profiles field, then click ACTION.

5) To apply a DNS type DNS in SSID field, type the DNS in DNS field
then click on ACTION. DNS is otherwise automatically set when connecting.

6) To set static ip address and subnet and gateway
Type STATIC in SSID field, then in BSSID field enter static ip
In User Identity field add subnet mask
In frequency field add gateway
then click on ACTION button.

WIFI Key Words function in SSID field, click ACTION:

CONNECTP ... Profile
EDIT ... Profile
DEFAULT ... selected item in Profile field will be copied to 'default', use 'Default Wifi Connection' entry in tray menu, or CONNECTP in SSID field.
DELP ... delete Profile
RANMAC ... sets random mac address, and random hostname (backs up original first)
DNS ... sets dynamic name server address eg 8.8.8.8
STATIC ... static ip, subnet and gateway ... enter data in these fields: BSSID, 'User Identity' and 'frequency'
HOTSPOT ... creates hotspot with same wifi interface as connected network (needs create_ap installed). BSSID field for hotspot name, User Password for 8+ character password.
HOTLAN ... no internet, hotspot for lan only,
HOTBRIDGE ... wlan0 to eth0 ... or ?, interface field requires two interfaces separated by a space. First iFace has internet.
HOTSTOP ... stops hotspot

7) To change channel or mode of interface there is a function called channelmode.
Using Command List and Exec Command method... type channelmode with two arguments.
Argument one is the channel to change to, argument two, if supplied, is the
mode of operation ... monitor, managed, master etc.

To change channel, monitor mode must be set .... so like this
'channelmode 11 monitor' then click on Execute button

8) Bluetooth send file

click Bluetooth button, then select device from list, then click ACTION and select file.
The btdevice may not be capable of receiving a file.
This function does not yet check for that capability.

BT Key Words function in SSID field in btscan function, click ACTION:

CONNECTB ... pair and connect MAC
DISCONNECTB ...
BLOCK ...
UNBLOCK ...
TRUST ... for auto connection to MAC
UNTRUST ...
PAIR ...
UNPAIR ...
REMOVE ... remove saved MAC
SEND ... send file to device
NOPIN ... receive files without prompt
PAIRABLE ... let other devices pair with your device
DISCOVERABLE ... let other devices discover your device
POWER ... power on your adapter
SELECT ... select which adapter to use
SERIAL ... create serial connection com4

Other Key Words
SCENE ... executes $HOME/.scene
NEWSCENE ... creates $HOME/.scene with bt device, wifi, media stream, DNS, volume, brightness, keyboard backlight, and contents of Viewer, which should be a list of 'executable file' eg 'evince /root/Downloads/stemsee.pdf', drag'n'drop file for full path.

Connect wifi, then bluetooth audio, then stream or media then type
NEWSCENE in SSID field and click ACTION

Desktop files viewer/editor/execution
Icon lists from /usr/share/pixmaps
color codes function and sample list
savefile and swapfile creator

S.N.ApP_2.4

added ascii lookup function. just add start and end ascii numbers to view a range of ascii code and characters.
added morsefn reference morse code and pronunciations
restored default connection at startup
a couple of typos.
S.N.ApP_2.5

1) Data Limit GUI has data meter reset. Also by setting data limit to zero turns data limit off.
2) Data Limit has better integration with traffic and tray menu update.
3) Tooltip now shows external IP. And said and Mac from the get go.
4) scenes now have their own directory in /root/.config/snapp/scenes.
5) default.scene if found will be used at app start up, or default default WiFi profile will be connected.
6) scenes are more selectively created in variable blocks.
7) Bluetooth connection to audio device does not start bmixd.
8) other improvements.
S.N.ApP_2.6
Openvpn manual connect to SURFSHARK ON servers.
External IP check.
Scenes listed in Profiles
Hotspot requires two interface arguments 'wlan0 wlan0' or 'eth0 wlan0' etc[
S.N.ApP_2.9
Keyboard layout selection
Espeak function with phonetic output and language selector and speak out loud copied text.
S.N.ApP_3.0
1) zodiac reference section
2) FILE keyword to select view and edit file in viewer
3) EXEC keyword evaluates command string in BSSID field
4) EDIT REPLACE SAVE keywords are equivalent
5) APPEND keyword appends viewer field contents to file in Profiles field
6) Added 14nth field '--field:SCL' slider scale 0-100%
7) VOL keyword, use with slider to set volume in percentage, type VOL in SSID field click ACTION
8) BRIGHT keyword, use with slider to control first 100 steps of screen brightness
9) KBLT keyword, use with slider to set keyboard backlight brightness.
10) GAMMAR GAMMAG GAMMAB keywords ... use slider to set rgb, click ACTION
S.N.ApP_3.1

1) swap/save file creation returns to maingui with slider as progress indicator
2) sfs-direct-remaster integrated
3) Network Radio function had a bug so wouldn't start, now fixed
4) translation and dictionary lookup function added, from trans_tray with menu entry
5) scene will set gamma too

S.N.ApP-3.2
dark theme
clockfn

S.N.ApP_3.3

updates

1) Single instance mode is now default. Only one tray_traffic icon and one maingui can open, this is default behaviour.
2) key word MULTI ... allows additional instances of tray_traffic and mainguis
3) key word NOMULTI ... stops additional instances of tray_traffic and mainguis.
4) Text in maingui frame removed and added to Help.
5) LTE connections using libmbim [-tools]
6) interfaces does not disconnect default connection.
7) Other code flow optimisations
8) added banner image, one for dark theme another for light theme
9) closeall function, in cases where i run app from geany and close from geany, dirs in tmp remain, this function executes close* scripts in tmp to eradicate all residuals. But will also close all normally started instances of snapp.

S.N.ApP_3.6
Back on track! The dysfunctional traffic function was handicapped by the flag management function! Now resolved with a simple '#' .... alas so much time wasted! Never mind.... Now only to improve the code flow and the function features.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s9RiSL ... eip-Pj-Qry

S.N.ApP_4.0

-Several Improvements to netlistradiofn (media and radio stream player).
-ffplay volume starts with lower volume.
-SELD & SELF (select Directory & select File) options in list were previously added multiple times.
-Media lists appear quicker and no longer appear in the tray menu.
-Added device encryption (cryptsetup luks*), not for directory or file encryption.
-backup dhcpcd ip assignment in tray menu.

Attachments
S.N.ApP-4.8.4.6.txt
(66 Bytes) Downloaded 27 times
3.4.png
3.4.png (407.38 KiB) Viewed 3010 times
Last edited by stemsee on Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:17 pm, edited 53 times in total.
stemsee

Re: SNApP (System Nonsuch ApP)

Post by stemsee »

Just tinkering a bit....

snap.png
snap.png (233.95 KiB) Viewed 5288 times
Last edited by stemsee on Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikeslr

Re: SNApP (Simpler Network ApP)

Post by mikeslr »

Looks very interesting. :thumbup:

As long as you're 'tinkering', may I make a couple suggestions. :) No need consent. They follow regardless. :roll:

My primary computer is two floors below and then a dozen feet from the router/wifi transmitter. [Would consider changing from Channel 11, but would need to know if it's worth the hassle of unfortunately having to re-configure at at Verizon's end; each time :evil: ]. But sometimes resetting the router helps. So when things have slowed to a crawl, I check the wifi strength/quality being received. Perhaps add a percentage display along with the icon. [Percentage because computers can do math faster than I]. The icon is, however, a nice touch providing immediate feedback.

And, while your at it, perhaps some way to present the display by mousing over or clicking a task-bar icon.

stemsee

Post by stemsee »

Hi mikeslr

1) So tray notification icon, no problem.

2) signal strength in percent! As it is there are 12 levels of strength so each level is about 8%. I don't know about embedding that info in the icon, it is possible of course, but may be easier to present that in another column.

3) channel selector.

:thumbup:

mikeslr

Post by mikeslr »

Hi stemsee,

An icon would be fine. Even better if one of say 4 were displayed like --good/Green , ok/Yellow, spotty/Red, absent/black -- depending on behind the scene calculation*. But I wasn't thinking about icons; rather a digital print-out, e.g. 73%, next to the icon or even just below the information you already provide at the Top-Right.

Channel Selector -- that's a major undertaking. And for others with a situation similar to mine, probably won't be of much use. A GUI could be provided to manage something like that discussed here: https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... fi-channel. But like 7 million other US household, my internet provider is Verizon/Fios. And the router it provides only receives Channel 11 unless a change is made at the point of transmission, https://www.howtogeek.com/197382/how-to ... os-router/.
Comcast/xfinity --with a 40% share of the home-market, https://www.statista.com/statistics/217 ... -provider/ is similar. https://www.xfinity.com/support/article ... finity-xfi.
Charter --after acquiring Time-Warner and Brighthouse-- is the 2nd largest home-internet provider. Scanning --I didn't fully internalize as it's not relevant to my situation-- https://www.hellotech.com/guide/for/how ... -on-router indicates that under Windows and the Mac it can be done locally, so should be possible under Linux.

-=-=-=-=-
* I've been using something I think I obtained here, https://oldforum.puppylinux.com/viewtop ... 0&start=15 --may have added libs to run under 'Ubuntus'. It's 32-bit and would like to run under a 'pure-64bit' system. And I have doubts about its accuracy. But, depending on the circumstances the icon the tray shows are one of the following:

wifi-strength pngs.png
wifi-strength pngs.png (19.72 KiB) Viewed 5224 times
darry19662018

Post by darry19662018 »

Hi Stemsee,

Look forward to you posting something up soon :D

josejp2424

Post by josejp2424 »

stemsee wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:46 pm

I started coding a new network configuration frontend today.

It's using wpa_cli and wpa_supplicant, udhcpc or dhcpcd, and it will accomodate systemd's dhp aswell!

It uses svg icons to indicate signal strength/encryption/connected/open 0-120db etc ...
Simply selecting an ap generates a sample profile configuration on the fly.
Double clicking an ap connects with filled in data. Not necessary to save the configuration profile.
Random mac\hostname for scanning and connecting etc

SNAP.png

My intention is to make this also WPA3 ready!

But this is only day 1 ...
stemsee :geek:

hi steemsee, I look forward to testing your app soon

stemsee

Post by stemsee »

Thanks @ josejp2424 darry19662018 mikeslr , for the positive comments!

I wonder how much systemd.network to implement https://www.freedesktop.org/software/sy ... twork.html
probably just 7 common templates.

Superficially it looks good, but I realised that i was mixing methods together ... one is wpa_cli which is a frontend end to wpa_supplicant. The other is using wpa_supplicant and wireless-tools directly. And now adding a third: systemd.network.

I think it will be ok once the methods are cleanly separated.

At worse there will be three different functions for each common task... Scan ... View Scan Results... Create profile ... Save Profile ... Connect ... Obtain Ip address ... set DNS server ... Disconnect ... Delete Profile ... Edit Profile.

Other facilities include ... change mac/dns/hostname ... static ip ... change channels (ifconfig $int down; iwconfig $int mode monitor; ifconfig $int up; iwconfig $int chan 40)

Snap is not destined to expose expert features! It's destiny is to perform the basic tasks simply.

I will post the code which generates the screen shots which I already posted. So that anyone interested can contribute or make suggestions/improvements. But it's not yet working, as in connecting to the net.

stemsee

Post by stemsee »

Here is SNApP version 0.3 ... work in progress! Please test and provide feedback!

SNApP creates two profiles one using wpa_cli (Networks) the other using templates (Profiles). Both methods of connecting are available if appropriate profile has been created. Networks connection is activated by double-clicking a row in the scan results window. Profiles connection is activated by selecting Profile and clicking 'Connect Profile' button.

This is a work in progress and connecting is not yet reliable.

snapp.png
snapp.png (161.25 KiB) Viewed 5169 times
S.N.A.P._0.3.sfs
(256 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
stemsee

Post by stemsee »

Already made some improvements.

Viewer pane is now used also for network status info and for previewing already made profile configuration files.

Tray Notification implemented.

Connect using infilled data without saving a profile.

Here it is on FossaDog

SNApP_0.3.png
SNApP_0.3.png (161.04 KiB) Viewed 5155 times
stemsee

Post by stemsee »

SNApP-0.4.png
SNApP-0.4.png (183.63 KiB) Viewed 2781 times

So a productive session has yielded some progress.

I remembered an idea I had when troubleshooting frisbee 'func' script. That was to make SNApP compatible with those frisbee functions ... which I just did by using similar variable names and forms eg PASS SSID BSSID FLAGS INTERFACE
Frisbee functions are mostly wpa_cli commands and are reliable, and well implemented. So could save some work there. Which might make SNApP an alternative frontend for frisbee's backend!

I also added a neat command execution function, whereby user types a command in the DNS field (or anywhere) such as 'iwconfig wlan0' selects the string and clicks on the Exec Command button. The results of the command are presented in the Viewer field. xsel, xclip and clipit are auto-selected for the copy command.

Using this method all frisbee functions could be accessed once the func script has been sourced (. /usr/local/frisbee/func). I haven't tried it yet, because i just thought of it while typing... :lol:

What else ... ? Oh yeah! systemd dhp, dhcpcd, udhcpc .... already started!

I had to have two flag filtering functions. One just for the on the fly preview with fake password and id, the other for the actual profile production using user supplied data. Seems like an unnecessary duplication .... needs some thought.

bfn
stemsee

Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Hi @stemsee

Quick question: Is SNAP utility intended for both Wired and Wireless needs? if so, could it show either in separate screens for each or should it be in a combined screen?

stemsee

Post by stemsee »

Hi Clarity

It's early days, and atm wired connections will be handled using the Exec Command, and another command which provides lists of common commands for wired connections. Then selecting a command from the list and Executing it will do the job. This will be the minimal implementation. More advanced will be available by sourcing frisbee functions.

SNApP-version-0.4 available on the first post. Re-organised gui fields and backend logic is simpler and cleaner. If you want to stay abreast with development check it out.

SNApP-0.4.png
SNApP-0.4.png (160.19 KiB) Viewed 2762 times
stemsee

Post by stemsee »

SNApP-0.5.png
SNApP-0.5.png (109.92 KiB) Viewed 2745 times

SNApP-0.5

Connected using Networks profile (wpa_cli)
Connected using regular Profiles (templates)
Connected using data from fields (nothing saved)

frisbee functions sourced and operational using Exec Command method....see Viewer field in pic!

Scan results list searchable/editable.

Wired (usb0, eth0, enp*) basic operations available using command lists and Exec Command method (terminal commands in Viewer field).

Wireless interface mode and channel can be changed using the 'channelmode' function with two arguments like so

channelmode 11 monitor

using command list and exec method.

Raise gui by clicking icon in tray.

Of course there could be many more refinements. But for now it's working.

See first post for download.

stemsee

chanel.png
chanel.png (101.9 KiB) Viewed 2743 times
Attachments
command.png
command.png (106.18 KiB) Viewed 2743 times
stemsee

Post by stemsee »

bumped to version 0.6

see first post.

stemsee

Post by stemsee »

Experimental bluetooth scanning.

It just so happens the code is organised already to be suitable for bluetooth pairing and connections.

Bluetooth functionality begins when btscan function is activated. To exit simply click on the tray icon. This removes a bt flag from /tmp. Activating wireless scan also exits bluetooth management.

Also it should be possible to list ethernet and usb and other connections in the same way.

btmodeico.png
btmodeico.png (217.87 KiB) Viewed 2722 times
stemsee

Post by stemsee »

Added device icons: input-mouse input-keyboard computer headset 'speaker/Audio Sink' phone

Selecting item on scan list also gets info displayed in Viewer.
EDIT: i was able to connect to a bluetooth keyboard on fossadog.

btmode.png
btmode.png (184.3 KiB) Viewed 2716 times
stemsee

Post by stemsee »

bumped to version_0.7

see first post for download.

Connecting wifi:

Double-click AP in scan results list, if 'Network' profile already exists.
Or fill in password/user and save Network (wpa_cli), and or create Profile. Then connect using 'Connect - Profile / Network / Data / BT' button. Priority for connecting is as follows; Profile gets first priority, Data fields if BSSID field not empty gets second priority, if BSSID and Profile fields are both empty and Network field has selection, that will get connected.

With password field filled, clicking Save adds a wpa_cli profile. This file cannot yet be previewed. While clicking on 'Create Profile' button creates a regular profile config file in /root/.config/snapp/profiles. These files can be previewed.

Connecting Bluetooth:

Either click Bluetooth button to initiate 20 second scan, or click 'Commands' button and select or type 'btscan 11' where the number indicates duration of scanning, then click on Execute button.

devices will be listed. Both found devices and saved devices will be listed, even if saved devices are not available. Selecting device with single click in list shows info with connection status. Double clicking item in list initiates pairing and connection attempt, but not trust. Clicking on 'Connect *' button also initiates pairing and connection. Alternatively click on Commands button and select command from list, copying and pasting or typing the target device mac address at the end of the command, then select the command line (one line only), and press Execute button.

Sometimes it may be necessary to first remove device and restart bluetooth service before making a successful connection ... this has nothing to do with SNApP bluetooth functionality, it is distro service dependent. On fossadog I could connect a keyboard but not a speaker. On fatdog I could connect both.

stemsee

Post by stemsee »

version_0.7 is very buggy! Hopefully I got all of them in version_0.8 ...

added interfaces function, call through exec method! Use Connect button to get interface up and running.

Commands list function now imports variables ... so added list to viewer, so that when viewing devices or APs the commands are ready to go, at the end of info in viewer, with mac address of selected item in place ready for command execution.

Last edited by stemsee on Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stemsee

Post by stemsee »

S.N.A.pP_0.8.sfs
(396 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

Version_0.8

Added more bluetooth device icons.

Killed a few bugs. Back on track!

interfaces.png
interfaces.png (95.42 KiB) Viewed 2676 times
Attachments
08.png
08.png (194.07 KiB) Viewed 2677 times
stemsee

Post by stemsee »

Added function to generate tray icon network activity and data counter display / monitor! Dark theme and light theme. Yad based.

mon2.png
mon2.png (3.77 KiB) Viewed 2765 times
Attachments
drk.png
drk.png (9.59 KiB) Viewed 2765 times
lit.png
lit.png (8.17 KiB) Viewed 2765 times
stemsee

Post by stemsee »

netmon.png
netmon.png (11.46 KiB) Viewed 2764 times
JASpup

Post by JASpup »

stemsee wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:16 pm

Hi, more novice question here:

Your project includes Bluetooth differently from existing implementations? It's basic between Android phones though yet to learn how ubiquitous it is in Linux.

http://wikka.puppylinux.com/Bluetooth

On the Whiz-Neophyte Bridge
Linux Über Alles
Disclaimer: You may not be reading my words as posted.

stemsee

Post by stemsee »

JASpup wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:37 am
stemsee wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:16 pm

Hi, more novice question here:

Your project includes Bluetooth differently from existing implementations? It's basic between Android phones though yet to learn how ubiquitous it is in Linux.

http://wikka.puppylinux.com/Bluetooth

Thanks for that link...i didn't know about it!

This implementation is slightly different. So I am learning about new methods and tools for connecting bluetooth. This implementation is more dependent on the tool bluetoothctl, bluetoothd is started in compatibility mode '-C -E', Bluetoothctl is called non-interactively

timeout 20 bluetoothctl scan on
bluetoothctl devices
bluetoothctl pair $MAC
bluetoothctl connect $MAC

etc ... other tools such as hciconfig, bt-device can also do pairing and connections, 'bluealsa -p a2dp-source aptX-HD' for audio. There is also a method that uses D-bus messagebus (which i havn't yet researched)...and probably others.

On fatdog, this implementation works better than any other previous app by myself. On fossadog and fossapup both have an incomplete bluetooth installations and configuration files differ significantly, so varying degrees of success.

I can only say that my coding and knowledge of linux commands improve with practice and time, so this new tool is better in many ways than previous efforts.

Please do try it and provide feedback!

regards
stemsee

stemsee

Post by stemsee »

bumped to v-0.9

So after connecting to the net, then connecting your bluetooth sound reproducer, of course you need to play something to listen to , right? Added a simple 9 line radio player function. Depends on mpg123

Added a few icons. Changed some oredering, removed some excess code. Found a problem command whereby I timed dhcpcd out!!! Effectively turned it off, so no route!

EDIT: For the next version playing radio will have both ffplay and mpg123, you could use either or, mpg123 has a button but ffplay is default. The reason ffplay is default is that not only will it play internet streams it wall also play local media files, music video pictures etc.

To add a play-list of streams or files or both, simply press Commands, and find a line that looks like this

cat '' | formatfn

simply drag list/-s here in the Viewer, between the '' quotes, and then select string and press Execute button. They lists should appear on the left, colourfully formatted.

S.N.A.pP_0.9.sfs
(352 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
0.9.png
0.9.png (167.25 KiB) Viewed 2732 times
Last edited by stemsee on Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
stemsee

Post by stemsee »

Now to get back on track with network functions. I found that dhcpcd dhcpcd_run_hooks script is in /lib64/dhcpcd, and udhcpcd default.script is in /usr/share/udhcpc ... that's on fatdog ... so i need to get all possible locations for these files or have the script find them.

Of course I want to implement hotspot, bridging, extending network functions using create_ap program. This should be easy to present all the options with this interface. It allows the same device to connect to internet and send to hotspot, hardware permmiting.

Once that is done we will be up to version 1.0 ... So I think this take a few weeks to get it right and test it.

stemsee

JASpup

Post by JASpup »

I'm at the level of finding an app and running it to see if it suits the sought function, in this case basic bluetooth for file transfer.

In Xenial I see bluetooth files in /usr/lib and a get_bluetooth_connection in /usr/sbin, though I've yet to attempt any connections in Puppy.

Obviously if there are a bunch of icons for it it's in use if not a standardized feature (yet by Xenial).

On the Whiz-Neophyte Bridge
Linux Über Alles
Disclaimer: You may not be reading my words as posted.

stemsee

Post by stemsee »

snapp-1.0.png
snapp-1.0.png (96.39 KiB) Viewed 2667 times

Version_1.0

traffic tray monitor updated.
rx tx data converted correctly
total data counter and user limit warning.

a few improvements and bugs sorted.

radio function plays local media files too.
Added ...
volume control
dimmer control
keyboard backlight control

I think all of these are necessary to have in one place to have a great user experience interacting with your personal computer, consuming media on and off line.

stemsee

Post by stemsee »

Release Version-1.0

S.N.A.pP_1.0.sfs
(352 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
stemsee

Post by stemsee »

Hi

I will research how best to implement this feature.

https://gist.github.com/Juul/e42c5b6ec7 ... 36d3f1cb2c

If frisbee is also installed on your system then snapp has access to all of the frisbee functions including usb modems.

cheers

Return to “Network”