seed4me vpn+fossapup

Moderator: Forum moderators

chimnya123

seed4me vpn+fossapup

Post by chimnya123 »

I am using Fossapup64 9.5 version.
I have installed protonvpn(free) which is in quickpet and using it.I don't know if its secure or not
I also have seed4me vpn account (promotional offer for 365days).
Is anybody guide me how I can install it on Fossapup?
and also what is the difference between both of them?
thanx in advance

OscarTalks

Re: seed4me vpn+fossapup

Post by OscarTalks »

Proton VPN have a good reputation as far as I know. Their free service is popular so servers are often busy or under heavy load, but they have always worked OK whenever I have tried them.

I don't know seed4me VPN. Do they have a client for Linux which they want you to use, is it CLI or a GUI?
If they provide you with a .ovpn configuration file for the server you wish to use, you can run openvpn from command line, or perhaps better, take a look at my Simple VPN tool for FossaPup which you may be able to adapt for use with this provider. See here:-
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=2628
EDIT:- I found their website and it looks like they don't offer openvpn as a connection method, but you should be able to use gPPTP which is in the Menu in FossaPup and enter your server and login details for PPTP connection. The website has a tab which gives these details.
NOTE:- In the file /etc/ppp/options.pptp you may need to uncomment line 51 (require-mppe-128)

chimnya123

Re: seed4me vpn+fossapup

Post by chimnya123 »

@OscarTalks thank you for your quick reply
I will try this

Return to “Security/Privacy”