windows 32bit Chromium 91.0.4470.0 (Developer Build) and Firefox 87

Moderator: Forum moderators

mouldy

windows 32bit Chromium 91.0.4470.0 (Developer Build) and Firefox 87

Post by mouldy »

I ran across a mention that it ran in WINE. I tried it, it does, and runs pretty well. I thought it would be lot slower. Using 32bit WINE 6.3-staging. No real idea why anybody would want to run it in WINE since perfectly fine linux versions. Maybe if using older Puppy?? Anyway....

Like say was mostly curious. I know its been while since Firefox ran in WINE and thought Chrome was the same.

Last edited by mouldy on Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mouldy

Re: windows 32bit Chromium 91.0.4470.0 (Developer Build) and Firefox 87

Post by mouldy »

Ok, I mentioned I didnt think Firefox ran in WINE. Well looked on wineHQ and yes it does, last person to comment said it worked if he started with older version and let it update, that the installer doesnt work. Oh and after installation said the top menu bar gets hidden.

Ok, what about the portable version so downloaded windows Firefox 87 portable and "installed" it. Not sure why the mandatory Portable apps installer, but whatever. Again using 32bit WINE 6.3-staging. It works. Not sure if because of changes in Firefox or because of WINE 6.3-staging. Yes top menu bar is hidden. Probably a work around for that too if anybody cares.

So for what its worth to anybody reaading this, yes both latest Chromium/Chrome and Firefox run in WINE. Not likely anybody much find this useful, but its nice to know they do work.

EDIT: Ok seems Firefox hides that title bar and top menu bar by default. Click on customize and you can make them unhidden. Just looks weird with them hidden, I thought it was cause I was running it in WINE.

Return to “WINE”