rainlendar2 clock issue

Issues and / or general discussion relating to Puppy

Moderator: Forum moderators

geo_c

rainlendar2 clock issue

Post by geo_c »

I don't know if this is the place to put this question. But I have an issue that only pops up on one machine. I run rainlendar2 on several different installs of fossapup64, and one particular machine, toshiba with a single celeron processor, adds 1 minute to recurring events as the weeks progress. I don't see anything in rainlendar's configuration that's different on this install, so I'm wondering if my puppy hardware clock settings are incorrect. I never know whether to check the 'sync to software/hardware' choice one way or the other. Perhaps it has something to do with it.

Thanks!

geo_c
Old School Hipster, and Such

Clarity

Re: rainlendar2 clock issue

Post by Clarity »

This may be helpful.

In all of my years, I do 2 things with each PC I ever touch:

1. In BIOS/UEFI, set hardware clock date-time

2. In PUPs, at FirstRUN, Click

• "Hardware clock set to UTC"

• "Time from Internet" where I click "synchronize at startup" when asked.

For any PC, that loses time when turned off and on, I replace the PC button-battery.

Hope this is a helpful answer.

wizard

Post by wizard »

@geo_c

You mention your use of rainlendar2, I have used it on my MS Windows work machine for years, but when I saw your post realized I'd never tried setting it up on my Puppy computers. Was delighted to find it works perfect and I could also move my calendar file to my file server and all my computers both Puppy and MS Win can share the same calendar.

Thanks
wizard

Big pile of OLD computers

geo_c

Post by geo_c »

@wizard Yes it runs great, and is portable, just two directories, no need to install on subsequent pupsaves after those directories are created.

The clock issue was not an issue at all, I just didn't have my system clock configured correctly or something,

What's funny is last week I migrated over to Calcurse. Which didn't import the Rainlendar ICS but it exports just fine so I open the file flawlessly with my LineageOS Android, same as what I was doing with rainlendar. Though not pretty as an interface, calcurse is so much faster to edit.

geo_c
Old School Hipster, and Such

Return to “Users”